The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Yeah, might be better if you sit this one out, y'know.

Can't think why she deleted it.

At least she was encouraged to stand down, and expelled from the Labour party, though.

So the Wakefield directed stories have begun. Apparantly they should vote Labour - 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/apr/15/wakefields-disillusioned-residents-say-its-time-for-political-change

Ahmad Khan’s conviction, Partygate and recent Conservative policies have swayed constituents to the left

I thought the lefties hated jewish people. That was the line right? 

• 2 weeks later...

So they lied about Rayner being at the poxy drinks event that the Daily Mail are trying to say is equivalent to partygate. The issue is ridiculous - but still there was some dishonesty on Labour's part - not good. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

So they lied about Rayner being at the poxy drinks event that the Daily Mail are trying to say is equivalent to partygate. The issue is ridiculous - but still there was some dishonesty on Labour's part - not good. 

Utter hypocrites.

None of what has been reported broke any covid rules at the time.

Trouble we have is that 90% of the media hold the opposition to standards that the party actually in government could only dream of reaching. Those actually in power aren't held to account for blatant act after blatant act of taking the piss, breaking laws and telling lies. 

On top of the above when all else fails make shit up it'll influence some easily led aresehole to stick an X next to a Tory.  
Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

None of what has been reported broke any covid rules at the time.

Trouble we have is that 90% of the media hold the opposition to standards that the party actually in government could only dream of reaching. Those actually in power aren't held to account for blatant act after blatant act of taking the piss, breaking laws and telling lies. 

On top of the above when all else fails make shit up it'll influence some easily led aresehole to stick an X next to a Tory.  

My issue is that Starmer lied to the membership about what he wanted were he elected - and now there has been an entirely unnecessary lie which I think was made in order to keep the pressure on about partygate. I always labelled Boris a liar - but I have to say Starmer is also a liar - are we to decide which liar we prefer? What a shit choice. 

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

My issue is that Starmer lied to the membership about what he wanted were he elected - and now there has been an entirely unnecessary lie which I think was made in order to keep the pressure on about partygate. I always labelled Boris a liar - but I have to say Starmer is also a liar - are we to decide which liar we prefer? What a shit choice. 

Kind of where im at. Both parties are a disgrace. Its so sad there is no alternative to these two 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jareth said:

My issue is that Starmer lied to the membership about what he wanted were he elected

So he's a liar because you don't believe him, not because he's actually had a chance to do something and not done it?

It's a very novel concept, I'll give you that

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Kind of where im at. Both parties are a disgrace. 

Both parties are a disgrace. Really.

It is like labelling two people as arsonists. One who popped down to the local garage and got themselves 10 gallon of petrol, doused your house in it and set it alight with you and your family in it. The other for going into their own garden on a sunny day with a magnifying glass and singeing a small patch of grass. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, bickster said:

So he's a liar because you don't believe him, not because he's actually had a chance to do something and not done it?

It's a very novel concept, I'll give you that

He’s a liar because he has lied - I accept you need to bend the truth in order to gain power but the moral high ground is no longer labours territory. I cannot vote for it. 

50 minutes ago, Jareth said:

He’s a liar because he has lied - I accept you need to bend the truth in order to gain power but the moral high ground is no longer labours territory. I cannot vote for it. 

If there was an election tomorrow who would you vote for or would you not vote at all?

8 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Both parties are a disgrace. Really.

It is like labelling two people as arsonists. One who popped down to the local garage and got themselves 10 gallon of petrol, doused your house in it and set it alight with you and your family in it. The other for going into their own garden on a sunny day with a magnifying glass and singeing a small patch of grass. 

You only say that because your a labour supporter mark, if this was boris you would be criticising him. Both parties are dreadful

Edited by Demitri_C

55 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I don’t think there’s been even one Labour politician in history who has never told a lie. That seems an impossible standard to hold him to.

If your view is that Starmer isn’t left enough and you’d rather continue with the Tories in power than see him elected then just say that.

27 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I don’t think there’s been even one Labour politician in history who has never told a lie. That seems an impossible standard to hold him to.

If your view is that Starmer isn’t left enough and you’d rather continue with the Tories in power than see him elected then just say that.

That whole argument just makes me so mad. I have an uncle that’s very “old labour” who won’t vote for starmers labour because he doesn’t think it’s “proper labour”.

It’s a childish and pathetic attitude. Even if you believe this labour incarnation is far from perfect, and many do, even those not on the hard left, it’s surely better than the pure evil we have now?

I genuinely think there’s an element that wants to burn the whole house down because they aren’t happy with the wallpaper.

• Like 4

Â