Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Remember when we actually let Cahill go because 'Zat Knight is better'! :puke:

We let him go because he wanted first team football and Knight was happy being second choice at his boyhood club.

Knight played pretty much every game in his first season with us.

Edited by lp_villa830

1: goalkeeper

2: center back

3 : left winger

+ a RB, maybe.

You tease.

Do you not think we need a right winger more than a left winger?  Or are you hinting at AY return?

Edited by Gary Thomas

I'm wondering if it was Sherwood's plan all along to take a chance on these signings in this particular order, or something very similar.

Veretout is apparantly very highly rated. Had we gone for him after Richards was signed, he might not have come. The same for Gueye/ Ayew. Had we not gone for them after Amavi had signed, then they also might not have liked the look of our squad as much.

As its planned out, you can see how Gueye has seen that Amavi is a good talent to join, then Ayew saw them both, then Veretout saw the lot of the bloody rotters!!

• Like 1

1: goalkeeper

2: center back

3 : left winger

+ a RB, maybe.

You tease.

Do you not think we need a right winger more than a left winger?  Or are you hinting at AY return?

No wasn't a hint, certainly not a hint about Ashley Young.

More what I think based on various conversations and my own thoughts on the squad.

Kyle Walker would be cracking

I remember when he burst on the scenes for us, great player and I really wanted us to keep him.  As my spurs mate said though, it was never going to happen...we were just warming him up.

Might be a chance to get him now though.

Walker would be perfect - him and Amavi on each side and we would be set.

Apart from what's in between them :lol:

If we got a quality CB id be happy with our transfer dealings. Never thought id be saying that 2 weeks ago.