Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

As it stands we are relegated. Really need TS, TF, PR et al to pull off a great summer window for us all.

Actually, as it stands we're automatically qualifying for the group stages of the champions league 

Just facts :)

General Krulak, welcome back!

• Like 1

The Southampton policy is a dangerous one, it can work a good few times but if go to the well once too often it becomes dry

Nothing worse especially, if you are dying of thirst!

We've lost Weimann, Bent and likely to lose Benteke I think there is room in the squad for two strikers and I think we need two as we can't depend on Kozak and Gabby for different reasons.

As I said previously I think we will go for two, the main target I was told recently hadn't been mentioned in the press so this chap could be him.

If we were to get him or someone like him with Adebayor on loan for a year Id be very happy.

Yeah I would agree with this, Adebayor can be excellent and still only 31, don't know anything about this other striker being mentioned this morning but hey I don't know much about any player we are linked with these days and that's been fairly common for about 4 years now!

I'd be all for signing Adebayor. I think where we are as a club currently and where we want to go he would be ideal. Played week in week out he will score, and be loved, plus Sherwood has already shown he can get the best out of him.

Adebayor is a talent, no doubt about it. With an arm around him and love from us he could be great for a couple of seasons.

• Like 1

VILLA LINKED WITH SEVENSTRIKER BIDS

With Christian Benteke set to complete a move to Liverpool in the coming days, the Sunday papers have been scrambling over themselves to predict whom Villa will bring in to replace him.

We'll start with Emmanuel Adebayor, who various papers claim will be reunited will Tim Sherwood following their successful link-up at Tottenham.

Nothing new there; nor with reported interest in Charlie Austin - who Villa must beat Newcastle, Everton and Crystal Palace to sign from QPR, claim the Sunday Mirror - or with Callum Wilson, whose £10m fee put Villa off in January, but won't do now, according to the Sunday Express.

Watford hot-shot Odion Ighalo is another on Sherwood's radar, if the Daily Star Sunday are to be believed, while The Sun claims unknown Club Bruges striker Obbi Oulare, 19, is wanted in a £7million deal.

And finally, the Mail on Sunday suggests Sherwood will be tempted by moves for Man United rookie James Wilson and Chelsea forward Patrick Bamford.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9917651/Gossip-Gunners-to-go-for-Dzeko

Probably a bit soon for this but if Nixon mentioned it we will probably be talking about him today. May as well see whats hes like to help the conversation along.

that was like watching a highlights clip of Benteke, very similar style.....get him in
  • Like 2

Looks like a few teams have been watching him.

Belgian teenager Obbi Oulare scored as Club Brugge came from behind to beat Anderlecht in front of scouts from a number of Europe’s top clubs.

Scouts from Manchester United, Everton, Sunderland, Burnley, Dortmund and Leverkusen were in Belgium to watch the top of the table clash.

And Sportsmail understands 19-year-old Oulare was the reason the scouts from England and Germany were in attendance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3046282/Manchester-United-scouts-watch-Obbi-Oulare-score-Club-Brugge-European-sides-eye-Belgian-youngster.html

[Adebayor] scored 14 in 25 games for Sherwood at Spurs.

I admit I didn't realise he'd done quite so well. Still can't see him joining being a good thing. Would rather the place went to someone young and unknown, and season ticket buyers will probably agree. Maybe it comes down to price, wages and length of contract.

Said before I can't think of anyone who would give us the same type of player and immediate impact that Adebayor would.

I've always hated the guy but he is a top player and right now needs must. If we get two good years out of him I'd be happy.

Back that up with someone with bags of potential and I'd be happy with how the club ha gone about filling the hole.

More interesting will be how we plan to replace the massive coq. Obviously Gueye looks a similar player but we need another now. Darder is more defensive from what I've read and Praet more attacking. We need that box to box lung buster hopefully they have targets in mind

More loan links in the Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3166673/Aston-Villa-look-loan-stars-James-Wilson-Patrick-Bamford-replace-Fabian-Delph-Christian-Benteke.html

Tim Sherwood will scour the loan market as part of his efforts to rebuild Aston Villa after the departures of Fabian Delph and Christian Benteke.

Players such as James Wilson, the 19-year-old Manchester United striker, and Patrick Bamford, Chelsea’s 21-year-old forward, could be available. 
Sherwood is also keen on Emmanuel Adebayor, who he had success with at Tottenham, and Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson.

‘There will be players at other clubs where they want their players to go out and play some games,’ said Sherwood. ‘We can be that club.’
Villa completed the £10million signing of left back Jordan Amavi, 21, from Nice.
'He's someone we’ve been tracking for a long time,' said Sherwood.
'He’s dynamic, gets forward, had good delivery, and is a decent size for a left-back.
'He’s quick and aggressive and will be suited to the Premier League. He plays at a high tempo. French football is quite close to English.'

I cant believe how many of you want Adebayor. We just got rid of the likes of Bent etc.. why add to it again? Another 32 year old on big wages who cant be arsed half the time. Big deal he played 10 decent games for Sherwood. Will he do it over a season? Probably not. Get him in to teach the young ones? What will he offer them? A bad attitude? Big no from me.

Remy on loan and one of those young hot shots from Europe. Marital Oulare Embolo etc. Whoever is more gettable. Oulare is linked with a lower fee.

• Like 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLEyMsiRnlo

Probably a bit soon for this but if Nixon mentioned it we will probably be talking about him today. May as well see whats hes like to help the conversation along.

that was like watching a highlights clip of Benteke, very similar style.....get him in

From that he looks quick, strong, decent in the air and to have great awareness with some of the assists. A few nice finishes too, but for all we know he could have missed 5 sitters previous to slotting one home!

Looks like a few teams have been watching him.

Belgian teenager Obbi Oulare scored as Club Brugge came from behind to beat Anderlecht in front of scouts from a number of Europe’s top clubs.

Scouts from Manchester United, Everton, Sunderland, Burnley, Dortmund and Leverkusen were in Belgium to watch the top of the table clash.

And Sportsmail understands 19-year-old Oulare was the reason the scouts from England and Germany were in attendance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3046282/Manchester-United-scouts-watch-Obbi-Oulare-score-Club-Brugge-European-sides-eye-Belgian-youngster.html

He is a massive unit. 194 cm and 94 kg.

Benteke is 190 cm and 82 kg. (not sure how accurate?)

Wow.

[Adebayor] scored 14 in 25 games for Sherwood at Spurs.

I admit I didn't realise he'd done quite so well. Still can't see him joining being a good thing. Would rather the place went to someone young and unknown, and season ticket buyers will probably agree. Maybe it comes down to price, wages and length of contract.

I was surprised as well by that stat.

I share some of the reservations so for me it would be a case of yes on loan for a year but no to a 2 or 3 year deal.

• Like 1

We've lost Weimann, Bent and likely to lose Benteke I think there is room in the squad for two strikers and I think we need two as we can't depend on Kozak and Gabby for different reasons.

As I said previously I think we will go for two, the main target I was told recently hadn't been mentioned in the press so this chap could be him.

If we were to get him or someone like him with Adebayor on loan for a year Id be very happy.

I agree, we need two strikers, and one of them has to be proven (Adebayor would be fine because of the history with Tim). The other one could be someone we could take a bit of a risk with an eye on selling him on a hefty profit later on (since Adebayor will likely be only a cost money-wise). I don't know enough to mention any names though.

• Like 2