Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I don't mind Adebayor providing we can bring in a young striker with potential as a long term replacement for Benteke.

Someone like Embolo, Martial or another up and coming prospect. We should use the Benteke money to try and find another Benteke is what I'm trying to day.

• Like 3

I don't mind Adebayor providing we can bring in a young striker with potential as a long term replacement for Benteke.

Someone like Embolo, Martial or another up and coming prospect. We should use the Benteke money to try and find another Benteke is what I'm trying to day.

Yep I agree entirely with that, we need to think about both the present and the future and that might not be with the same player.

• Like 4

Oh I really hope not . this would be the absolute worst case scenario(Barr signing no one) for me . If we bought an up and coming player and loaned Adebayor for the season I could live with it but the other way round doesn't bare thinking about. Next summer we would be in the complete sh**house.

Agree totally. That's the only scenario in which a move for Adebayor can be somewhat justified.

• Like 2

Yep I agree entirely with that, we need to think about both the present and the future and that might not be with the same player.
I don't know much about Embolo or Martial but could they honestly come in and have the same impact that Benteke had? Benteke was completely unknown and out of the blue when we got him. Edited by Tayls

Im gonna throw this out there after some manly debates with my mate this evening....

Adebayor is better than Benteke...

Really? Then please explain why Spurs are desperate to get rid of Adebayor and Benteke is being sold for £32m?

Im the one who put the topic for debate out there. You tell me why Adebayor isn't better.

And how do you know Spurs are desperate to get rid?

Really? Then please explain why Spurs are desperate to get rid of Adebayor and Benteke is being sold for £32m?

Because Spurs have players who are better than Adebayor and only have so many places in the squad.

Adebayor is a lazy sack of shit

When your in a relegation battle and need people with the stomach for a fight he is precisely the player you don't want

Edited by AshVilla

Im gonna throw this out there after some manly debates with my mate this evening....

Adebayor is better than Benteke...

Really? Adebayor is better than Benteke?

Surely that explains why Spurs are desperate to get rid of Adebayor and we're about to sell Benteke for £32m; not to  mention Spurs were openly interested in signing him to replace Adebayor.

I don't know much about Embolo or Martial but could they honestly come in and have the same impact that Benteke had? Benteke was completely unknown and out of the blue when we got him.

It's worth noting that we shouldn't be in the situation where we are dependent on one player this season. So we probably will never see a player deliver as decisive contribution as Benteke again. If you mean can we sign another forward of a similar calibre (or potential to be), then sure. Martial for example, as unlikely as it is, is a huge prospect. I'm not familiar with Embolo.

Edited by Isa

Why don't we try get Austin on loan. That way Qpr can keep him when they come back up. Then buy a young striker for the future.

He has one year left on his contract.

• Like 1

To be honest, when Tim was in charge of Spurs, Adebayor actually looked great. Scored around 10+ goals that season I think - was actually unplayable in some games that I watched. Was dropping deep if he wasn't getting the ball and linking up play. If he does sign, and gets anywhere around that level, we could have a very good player on our hands.