How much will DOL get to spend in the Summer?

lexicon

How much then?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How much then?

• 15mil + (as we have made CL)
    • 10-14mil (UEFA)
    • 5-9mil (UEFA alternative)
    • 1-4mil (mid table)

Stop all this , DOL did this, MON did that bit... Youv'e all got to realise were not up to Boros/Charlton Forums bickering comments yet.. Youre a good bunch of young lads but were only a small squad....Now when i was on the Arsenal/Leeds forums things were different.....

Too be be honest I think youre all fickle.......

p.s Any Third world Country wanting a manager can contact me at DOLgivesusajob@bungusagrand

No comparison really. The aforementioned manager has been out of work for 18 months and not one sniff of a new job. Martin Oneill was linked to most of the top jobs on our league whilst he was out of work and even before. He has since been linked to Liverpool and England.

Previous manager is still scouring the situations vacant at the job centre.

All valid points, but the obvious one you missed Richard was that he was a word removed.

Could not stand that man. I take my hat off to him for getting us into 6th but the way he spoke about my club in the media still leaves an awful taste in the mouth.

MON makes mistakes, is nowhere near perfect and makes baffling decisions but he is a vast improvement over that waste of space.

No comparison really. The aforementioned manager has been out of work for 18 months and not one sniff of a new job. Martin Oneill was linked to most of the top jobs on our league whilst he was out of work and even before. He has since been linked to Liverpool and England.

All valid points, but the obvious one you missed Richard was that he was a word removed.

Could not stand that man. I take my hat off to him for getting us into 6th but the way he spoke about my club in the media still leaves an awful taste in the mouth.

MON makes mistakes, is nowhere near perfect and makes baffling decisions but he is a vast improvement over that waste of space.

The fact that he was a useless word removed is a given I thought :winkold:

The fact that he was a useless word removed is a given I thought :winkold:

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

What the **** going on?

This thread has had more action in a couple of hours than it did in entirety 3 years ago. Are things THAT boring??? :-)

Thats what happens when youve got nothing to bitch about!! haha we've got a great chairman, quality manager, the team is doing reasonably well...i think its raise a glass time to randy, aston martin, the general and the team! :D

What the **** going on?

This thread has had more action in a couple of hours than it did in entirety 3 years ago. Are things THAT boring??? :-)

Thats what happens when youve got nothing to bitch about!! haha we've got a great chairman, quality manager, the team is doing reasonably well...i think its raise a glass time to randy, aston martin, the general and the team! :D

Exactly! Eloquently put sir!

Stupid thread to bring back up.

naah mate i dont think it is stupid.

Its just simply to point out the amount of money we have to spend now compared to before and shows how well we sre doing.

If you dont like it, dont read it!

I took the thread to be more about how inflated the transfer market has gotten the past 18 months...

can you imagine if we still had DOL and doug???

I dont think we're a well off club particularly just that before we were unbelievably poor!

compariosns daft really. The difference betwene Ellis and and Lerner is just so vast you can't compare one for doing better than the other. DOL did fantastic first season then struggled with ludicrous restrictions. That said, the final year was still horribly painful to endure and as much as there were restrictions we still invested in a few players and could have done alot better that season.

MoN so far has had a respectable first season and is doing well so far this season, but again under different conditions.

That said I'm still happier we have MoN here than that miserable git. He never felt attached to the club in my opinion and just seem to give up in the final season, devoid of ideas. 1 brilliant season, 1 average season, 1 horrible season, take out the extremes, he did averagely, but did bring in Laursen and Bouma, but had a really grating personality.

Seems a while since this debate surfaced last :lol:

Give me an open chequebook and the squad that was already in place and I could give you progress

"Squad that was already in place"? You mean the one including Gavin McCann Jlloyd Samuel Juan Pablo Angel Steven Davis Aaron Hughes Lee Hendrie Liam Ridgewell Eric Djemba-Djemba Milan Baros (and soon to be departed T Sorensen)?

This is what MON bashers seem so unable to see - he has had to shed so many players who weren't delivering for Villa, while forging a better team spirit and bringng in and settling down new people like Young, Petrov, Maloney, Carew.

I can't believe it - is this the start of a "bring back DOL" campaign? :bonk:

Give me an open chequebook and the squad that was already in place and I could give you progress

"Squad that was already in place"? You mean the one including Gavin McCann Jlloyd Samuel Juan Pablo Angel Steven Davis Aaron Hughes Lee Hendrie Liam Ridgewell Eric Djemba-Djemba Milan Baros (and soon to be departed T Sorensen)?

This is what MON bashers seem so unable to see - he has had to shed so many players who weren't delivering for Villa, while forging a better team spirit and bringng in and settling down new people like Young, Petrov, Maloney, Carew.

I can't believe it - is this the start of a "bring back DOL" campaign? :bonk:

Well what a crock, DOL bought within the limits of his budget! If he was given an open Chequebook as MON has been given, he would have done much better!

yet look at our signings.

I know. Fantastic what progress we've made in just 18 months.

Ignorance of it's highest form. What do you expect? Who wants to join us when we're not in Europe and haven't done anything for over 10 years? Good luck trying to persuade people to join us. Do you not understand how these things work? You have to build up slowly, gradually improving the squad..which is what we are doing, very well might I add. It doesn't come over night.

Some football fans are such idiots sometimes.

Â