How much will DOL get to spend in the Summer?

lexicon

How much then?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How much then?

• 15mil + (as we have made CL)
    • 10-14mil (UEFA)
    • 5-9mil (UEFA alternative)
    • 1-4mil (mid table)

We have gone forward no doubt about it, we have gotten a few good players in Young, Carson (loan) and Carew. We have also gotten a few mediocre ones in Reo-Coker and Petrov. We have had many poor ones such as Harewood, Knight, Bardsley, Agathe, Sutton, Maloney and such players (regardless). Remember, we have in a position where we have to catch up, with many years. No doubt we are going forward, but it's going slow. In honest opinion, MON could have done much better in the transfer market, both in terms of quality and the amount of players.

Maloney is probably the king of the Holte End at the moment and is not because he is a poor player. Sutton was excellent while he was here, our best striker. I agree the boss could have done better in the market but there isn't a single manager that couldn't do better in the transfer market.

Agreed. I undersand your sentiments Rocafella but feel we have made great progress, every transfer will never set the world on fire and at least we have got some great buys in like Young, Carew, Carson on loan as well as a few others who improve us in my opinion like Reo Coker. As for Maloney i am surprised you hold that view, i really rate him, he just looks a threat whenever he plays

DOL has given an interview for SSN outlining the difficulties he had with Doug. He points out he tried to sign Carson for £750,00 but Doug blocked the move because HE thought we had a better keeper in our academy. That says it all really.

I have no problem with DOL, I always thought he was misunderstood - his intentions were always what was best for Villa, so in my book that makes him a top man.

I have no problem with DOL, I always thought he was misunderstood - his intentions were always what was best for Villa, so in my book that makes him a top man.

Careful, you'll upset a few people with these sorts of comments.

Careful, you'll upset a few people with these sorts of comments.

Didn't want to bite at that comment but got to admit thats actually why i always disliked him - I actually thought he couldn't care less about us and all he ever did was to convince us we were a small club so we would tolerate staying up as a great season. As for a top man i am on the other side totally on that argument as well, he slagged off us as supporters which annoyed me no end after going to Wycombe and Doncaster etc and made up ridiculous statements about us moaning even f we won the Champions League, in my book he was trying to portray us as moaners to the rest of the country and make us a laughing stock. He alienated some of our best players i am lead to believe by both paper reports and speaking to a member of our quad who has now left. I just felt he was as bad if not worse than Ellis for where he was taking us, it was as if he couldnt accept there was little money and was bitter at his job, something that rubbed off on everyone around him. Thats my view of it anyway

Â