2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

But we still haven't arrived, so nobody piss in their pants just yet :)

now you tell me. THANKS A LOT.

Wring your pants out and drink it if you're feeling thirsty. It'll be semi-filtered, I think. Don't say I don't look out for you.

• Like 1

I was wondering when someone would ask that question. It's become traditional when a transfer happens during a period of high transfer rumour actvity. In fact I've had a four pack of Guiness in the fridge ready for Transfer Bingo, and it seems the first one has come in. Cheers! :)

(not that it wouldn't be good to know the answer to the question)

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

With Praet being linked I am clutching I don't care something is definitely afoot.

To be honest, if we continue to go for players of that quality and we land a few in the process, I don't actually care if we are taken over or not. I like Fox as a CEO, I'm happy with the manager, if they are a little more ambitious with regards the squad to go with that, what is there not to like?

• Like 3

With Praet being linked I am clutching I don't care something is definitely afoot.

To be honest, if we continue to go for players of that quality and we land a few in the process, I don't actually care if we are taken over or not. I like Fox as a CEO, I'm happy with the manager, if they are a little more ambitious with regards the squad to go with that, what is there not to like?
I find this kind of post crazy. Have you forgotten the last 4 years with Lerner as owner. Regardless of what happens a takeover must occur. I believe it will so am not concerned. But finding out there is no takeover would pretty much ruin my Summer as far as football is concerned. Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I find this kind of post crazy. Have you forgotten the last 4 years with Lerner as owner. Regardless of what happens a takeover must occur. I believe it will so am not concerned. But finding out there is no takeover would pretty much ruin my Summer as far as football is concerned.

I've not forgotten a thing.

What is it you want from your football club?

I find this kind of post crazy. Have you forgotten the last 4 years with Lerner as owner. Regardless of what happens a takeover must occur. I believe it will so am not concerned. But finding out there is no takeover would pretty much ruin my Summer as far as football is concerned.

A club with a long term vision and goal. That can never happen whilst there is owner that desperately wants to sell the club.

A club with a long term vision and goal. That can never happen whilst there is owner that desperately wants to sell the club.

Lerner had one of those. What if he's no longer desperate to sell the club? What if he's happy to sit back, appoint a chairman and let him/her and the CEO decide the vision, setting a realistic budget within FFP parameters?

After that, I just want to see good football. Winning football. I don't really care much for "visions" in the end, I'm more an XI vs XI of a Saturday kinda guy, though I appreciate I'm probably an outlier in the modern game

Edit - basically what you want and what I want are different things. So it stands to reason you might find my post "crazy" when you judge it against your wants.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Lerner had one of those. What if he's no longer desperate to sell the club? What if he's happy to sit back, appoint a chairman and let him/her and the CEO decide the vision, setting a realistic budget within FFP parameters?

After that, I just want to see good football. Winning football. I don't really care much for "visions" in the end, I'm more an XI vs XI of a Saturday kinda guy, though I appreciate I'm probably an outlier in the modern game.

Lerner will ruin us. He ruined Browns and has gone very close to ruining us. You could argue the good business done by Lambert is what kept us up.

I want him gone.

So if we are/were prepared to spend £9m on Gueye ,£10m on Praet, £3m on Chery, £5m on Begovic and £7m on Amavi that comes to £34m which could nearly all be from the sale of one player then that would be great business.  Now I know it's not gonna work out exactly like that for obvious reasons( Begovic to Chelsea, Amavi not likely) but it gives us a good idea of what we could get from selling Benteke alone.   Add hopefully £10-£15m for a replacement striker and we would have a great squad even if Randy is still here.  

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 1

Honestly, the way he (Lerner) ran us down these past years I'm teetering on real hate for the guy.

But you know, all could quickly be forgiven if he really hands over the reigns to someone else (not selling / granted directorship) and we start to see positive impacts, with positive and realistic investments year on year.  I really don't think most of us ask a lot, and if we just got a happy medium and I felt like the ownership was actually showing some ship steadying that were yielding results we'd be happy (some of us).

If we see a positive rebuild, and real progress through some good investments then "better the devil you know" would actually come into play.  He has a long way to win me over personally, but I'm not gonna bare a grudge for the sake of it - only if he continues to negatively impact Villa.  Signs seem to be that isn't the case, so let's hope.

Honestly, the way he (Lerner) ran us down these past years I'm teetering on real hate for the guy.

But you know, all could quickly be forgiven if he really hands over the reigns to someone else (not selling / granted directorship) and we start to see positive impacts, with positive and realistic investments year on year. I really don't think most of us ask a lot, and if we just got a happy medium and I felt like the ownership was actually showing some ship steadying that were yielding results we'd be happy (some of us).

If we see a positive rebuild, and real progress through some good investments then "better the devil you know" would actually come into play. He has a long way to win me over personally, but I'm not gonna bare a grudge for the sake of it - only if he continues to negatively impact Villa. Signs seem to be that isn't the case, so let's hope.

I can never forgive. Want him no longer associated with the club in any way possible. The Mcliesh appointment and contempt he showed for the fans that summer was unforgivable. Those who can still support him after that really surprise me. I will celebrate the day the club is sold.

Even Doug never treated us like mugs the way Lerner did.

As long as the useless idiot has nothing to do with the club then I don't mind if his name is still down as owner.

The most important thing is for him to stay away and at least the fool has promised to do that this summer.

But you know, all could quickly be forgiven if he really hands over the reigns to someone else (not selling / granted directorship) and we start to see positive impacts, with positive and realistic investments year on year. I really don't think most of us ask a lot, and if we just got a happy medium and I felt like the ownership was actually showing some ship steadying that were yielding results we'd be happy (some of us).

If we see a positive rebuild, and real progress through some good investments then "better the devil you know" would actually come into play. He has a long way to win me over personally, but I'm not gonna bare a grudge for the sake of it - only if he continues to negatively impact Villa. Signs seem to be that isn't the case, so let's hope.

I can never forgive. Want him no longer associated with the club in any way possible. The Mcliesh appointment and contempt he showed for the fans that summer was unforgivable. Those who can still support him after that really surprise me. I will celebrate the day the club is sold.

Even Doug never treated us like mugs the way Lerner did.

Total utter bulls**t especially the last sentence that man had more disdain for the fan than Lerner. Oh how some forget the worse crap we went through and don't forget if he'd have stayed in control we'd never have had our greatest triumphs. He wanted sir Ron gone and yes men brought in like turner give me Lerner any day to that a***hole Ellis
  • Like 3

Why the need to "support" an owner? People get far too emotional about such things, as if there isn't enough emotion in football already. He's a terrible chairman granted and the sooner he is out of the role the better, but that's a different matter.

Ellis was a special case mind. He ran the club into the ground to the point where we couldn't afford a loan fee for Erik Bakke. I don't think Lerner has ever shown the kind of contempt for the fans that Ellis did, not even close. Just idiocy. He's not had the time.

• Like 4

Â