Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I dunno, it's not from meeting them, more that i think those that make it have a certain nastiness, a certain single mindedness, Shearer, Defoe, Costa, Firmino, Van Persie, Aguero, Ibra, Long, Deeney, Vardy, - they all seem like they'd murder your granny for a goal.

Gabby had it coming through, he wanted to shame defenders, he'd chip away at them all game, in their ear games were a fight - it's what's gone from him. It's what stopped Vassell doing justice to his enormous talent, he was shy, he just wanted to play.

Thierry Henry said English football was a fight, he celebrated every goal in front of the away fans, he was arrogant and a bully. Delfouneso always looked like he wanted to help a defender up, shake his hand, share a smile; Shearer always looked like he wanted him dead.

I'm sure they're all great company off the pitch and I think that's where I'm in the wrong in the way I've described RHM - but in my experience of watching youth football, there are lots of players that have the talent to come through, the ones that really seem to do well though always seem to have an edge.

I agree with this post, do you think that Hepburn-Murphy has this edge? I think he has, do you?

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

Gabby had it coming through, he wanted to shame defenders, he'd chip away at them all game, in their ear games were a fight - it's what's gone from him. It's what stopped Vassell doing justice to his enormous talent, he was shy, he just wanted to play.

Vassell enormous talent are you really sure about that? 

Imo he was bang average.

It took a while for Vassell to break through...he scored those two in the Uefa cup in 1998 and only really became a regular from 2001.

I thought him and Angel had a fantastic combination going in 01/02...pretty sure they both got into double figures by xmas that year. Then Gregory got sacked and that partnership got broken up. 

I always thought Vassell was very skilful on the ball and he did have a swagger about him when he got the England call up and went to that summers world cup. His finishing though never really improved....he was never great one v one against the keeper.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It took a while for Vassell to break through...he scored those two in the Uefa cup in 1998 and only really became a regular from 2001.

I thought him and Angel had a fantastic combination going in 01/02...pretty sure they both got into double figures by xmas that year. Then Gregory got sacked and that partnership got broken up. 

I always thought Vassell was very skilful on the ball and he did have a swagger about him when he got the England call up and went to that summers world cup. His finishing though never really improved....he was never great one v one against the keeper.

And this is what makes us all love the game as we do- opinions.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I saw The Fonz live a few weeks back when Walsall played down there. Swindon were terrible that day and indeed are just above the relegation zone.

My opinion of Fonz when he was here and indeed seeing him five years one is he just isn't quick enough in the mind when playing e.g. once he pulled clear of the defence but instead of shooting took an extra touch and a defender cleared. He's been bench warming last few weeks so league 2 probably awaits.

Good post, as a youngster, he was brilliant, the best youngster I've seen but I'm only 25 years old and I've been going to Youth and Reserve matches for 10 years now. He was a wonderful young talent and he's playing at a good level these days. He's played for England at all youth levels and in my opinion, that's an achievement in itself

28 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don't forget Rushian Hepburn-Murphy!!! How did he get on today to anyone that saw it?

From what I saw (Periscope) he didn't do anything. But he wasn't really on long enough to expect him to do much.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Good post, as a youngster, he was brilliant, the best youngster I've seen but I'm only 25 years old and I've been going to Youth and Reserve matches for 10 years now. He was a wonderful young talent and he's playing at a good level these days. He's played for England at all youth levels and in my opinion, that's an achievement in itself

Do you evaluate professional footballers against everyday folk?

17 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's not as naturally talented with the ball at his feet as Delfouneso, nowhere near but I think Hepburn-Murphy has the required mentality and dedication. 

If this bloke is nowhere near as good as Delfouneso, we may aswell give him to Walsall now and avoid 5yrs of rubbish. ;)

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

If this bloke is nowhere near as good as Delfouneso, we may aswell give him to Walsall now and avoid 5yrs of rubbish. ;)

Delfouneso as a kid was brilliant but he didn't push on for whatever reason, he now finds himself at Swindon Town which is still a good level (League 1). Don't write him off yet, players develop at different rates and so do people :) I detect an element of sarcasm in your post av1 but I could be wrong

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Delfouneso as a kid was brilliant but he didn't push on for whatever reason, he now finds himself at Swindon Town which is still a good level (League 1). Don't write him off yet, players develop at different rates and so do people :) I detect an element of sarcasm in your post av1 but I could be wrong

You detect correct Sir ;)

11 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Blimey, did you see these touches Phumfeinz? If so, how were they?

As if he were channelling George Best while performing a quite increadible impression of Maradona yet encompassing many aspects of Ronaldo.

It might just be the greatest sub appearance of a generation!

Either that or he did okay but nothing of any note.

One or the other, I'm not sure I didn't see it. ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can you elaborate?

Well. For instance you think GG is superb. Who is superb compared to? A league 2 player? Me? My 3 year old nephew? Because he is by no means superb in this league.

My point is you seem to take  players out of the context that they are currently in..... based mainly on you seeing them when they were younger?

I've no doubt in my mind.... and I base this on your opinion alone...... that RHM will not do anything of note at this club. 

16 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

As if he were channelling George Best while performing a quite increadible impression of Maradona yet encompassing many aspects of Ronaldo.

It might just be the greatest sub appearance of a generation!

Either that or he did okay but nothing of any note.

One or the other, I'm not sure I didn't see it. ;)

Thanks for putting me rightly in my place Trent :)

14 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Well. For instance you think GG is superb. Who is superb compared to? A league 2 player? Me? My 3 year old nephew? Because he is by no means superb in this league.

My point is you seem to take  players out of the context that they are currently in..... based mainly on you seeing them when they were younger?

I've no doubt in my mind.... and I base this on your opinion alone...... that RHM will not do anything of note at this club. 

The love for Gardner is because of that header a few weeks ago, not only that he went to the same secondary school as an old flame of mine, that is all. 

I have seen these players mature, grow up, find different careers or play at a different club, it fills me with pride.

As for RHM, he is brilliant, he is also only 18 years old so he's still young. I believe and hope that he will sign a new contract here. Why do you not think he will do anything at this football club? What makes you think this? 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

21 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The love for Gardner is because of that header a few weeks ago, not only that he went to the same secondary school as an old flame of mine, that is all. 

So your love for Gardner comes from one header and his choice of school.

And that's exactly why when I read you say RHM is brilliant, I know that the chances are, he's not. And his few appearances so far support that.

12 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

So your love for Gardner comes from one header and his choice of school.

And that's exactly why when I read you say RHM is brilliant, I know that the chances are, he's not. And his few appearances so far support that.

Gardner also scored many goals from midfield in the u18s and u23s as it's known now (formerly the Next Gen tournament), he is a goalscoring midfielder in my opinion. What do you think of him? (Gardner)

I think RHM is brilliant for his age, he's a goalscorer but there is more to his game than that. He can run the channels and hold the ball up well, his finishing is fantastic. Why do you think he is not good? 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Â