Should females take the name of her future husband??

nrogers

Should Women take the name of her Spouse  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Should Women take the name of her Spouse

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

It's an ancient thread but I'll answer anyway. I'd like my wife to take my name (when I find a wife that is!). But if she really didn't want to then I wouldn't force her or make an issue out of it.

ditto. Wouldn't be that bothered, if she really didn't want to.

Plus, my surname is Arseface. :winkold:

I don't like having my ex husband's name but for the sake of the kids I kept it, it's awkward divorcing with kids.

If I ever get married again I won't mind being Mrss...so & so..

but for business purposes it will have to stay as it is using my ex husbands because that's how I'm known.

One thing I would say to anyone who's with someone long term & not married legally is for goodness sake MAKE A WILL!!

If anything happened to one of you the other party has no rights under the laws of intestasy unless assets are held as tenants in common or jointly.

It's an ancient thread but I'll answer anyway. I'd like my wife to take my name (when I find a wife that is!). But if she really didn't want to then I wouldn't force her or make an issue out of it.

My surname is "Iz-a-word removed"

Cool, a surname that describes your physical appearance!

I got married recently and my wife is taking my name......gradually. I suppose it is a hard thing to get used to for a newly married woman. She just can't get her head around it yet!

I got married recently and my wide is taking my name......gradually. I suppose it is a hard thing to get used to for a newly married woman. She just can't get her head around it yet!

I think you just called your new missus a fat bitch, Wendy! :mrgreen:

I got married recently and my wide is taking my name......gradually. I suppose it is a hard thing to get used to for a newly married woman. She just can't get her head around it yet!

Ahem. VillaEire is not the same person as VillaInIreland! :D

Ahem. VillaEire is not the same person as VillaInIreland! :D

:oops: indeed, apologies guess who is still half asleep this morning :mrgreen:

If they do object, suggest dropping a few of the other traditions aswell, like a big expensive white dress if they are not really a virgin or expensive engagement and wedding rings, that is, if the tadition thing isnt that important

I did and even though I'm divorced now, I have kept my married surname. If I were ever to remarry, I would expect to take their surname (unless it was something awful I suppose) - guess I'm old fashioned in some ways.

Â