The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

All Sherwood needs to do is go 4-4-2 Ayew and gestede up top middle 4 of grealish and Gil out wide with gana and Sanchez and a back 4 of amavi left Hutton right and clark(when fit) and Richards. That would of won us the game yesterday.

• Like 1

Not sure how anyone can be turning their noses up at David Moyes when we have a glorified youth development coach in charge at the moment.

Some people are stupid, that's why. 

After the job he has done at Everton he'd be an absolutely tremendous choice for Villa manager. 

• Like 1

All Sherwood needs to do is go 4-4-2 Ayew and gestede up top middle 4 of grealish and Gil out wide with gana and Sanchez and a back 4 of amavi left Hutton right and clark(when fit) and Richards. That would of won us the game yesterday.

Not sure if serious. 

On the relegation thing, I don't think anyone's suggesting that it would definitely be a good thing. All I was saying is that it could potentially at least bring a bit more excitement because at the moment all we're doing every season is losing often, barely ever winning, conceding many and scoring few and that is getting really **** boring now. The same thing will happen next season if we stay up as well. At least with relegation there's a chance that we might do what Newcastle did 6 years ago. West Ham aren't a terrible example either. I don't necessarily think that we'll lose all of our good players either - the key will be that we come straight back up.

Of course I'd still rather stay up (although I'm starting to care a lot less because it will just be the same thing next season) so it seems mad that we still haven't got rid of Sherwood because he clearly isn't going to be able to turn this around.

On the relegation thing, I don't think anyone's suggesting that it would definitely be a good thing. All I was saying is that it could potentially at least bring a bit more excitement because at the moment all we're doing every season is losing often, barely ever winning, conceding many and scoring few and that is getting really **** boring now. The same thing will happen next season if we stay up as well. At least with relegation there's a chance that we might do what Newcastle did 6 years ago. West Ham aren't a terrible example either. I don't necessarily think that we'll lose all of our good players either - the key will be that we come straight back up.

Of course I'd still rather stay up (although I'm starting to care a lot less because it will just be the same thing next season) so it seems mad that we still haven't got rid of Sherwood because he clearly isn't going to be able to turn this around.

I honestly think if the unthinkable happens and we do go down I don't see anyone really leaving maybe amavi that's it. I think how we stand at the min were too good for the championship but not good enough for the premier league.

I agree at least we would see some wins at villa park, and gestede and Ayew would each get into double figures but if you ask me I would rather not explore that option.

There's no way Rogers would come here part way through the season in the mess we're currently in. Would be career suicide. 

Moyes on the other hand not doing particularly well in Spain and would welcome the chance to come back home. It's a win win.

If it gets us a proven manager then I'm all for Moyes. The alternatives aren't worth thinking about (Dyche, Pearson, Redknapp etc.)

If we're to replace Sherwood I think it needs to be continental manager, british/scottish/irish managers have imo shown that they cant cut it.

We need to try something new, not to do the same stale shit all over again, british managers are tactically too limited imo.

If we're to replace Sherwood I think it needs to be continental manager, british/scottish/irish managers have imo shown that they cant cut it.

We need to try something new, not to do the same stale shit all over again, british managers are tactically too limited imo.

Like who??

I can't see Rodgers jumping straight into another job, not when he is being paid a fortune not to work.

He will take his time, sit back and take the money and wait for the right opportunity and he needs it to get back on track, I don't think this is it.

We need to be trying to find the next Arsene Wenger. I'm hoping that Almstadt has got some ideas.

Gems like that are one in a million don't hold your breath mate.

At first I thought you were saying my post was a gem. Obviously no one is going to come in an do for us what Arsene has done for Arsenal without financial backing. But I think it would be good for someone to come in and give us a signature style and have that style be played at all levels.

I'd happily go for a foreign coach. However our position in the table would probably make the board go for an experienced premier league manager and to be honest I can't blame them. However if they go foreign and get a good manager in it could work but represents perhaps a bigger gamble.

Â