The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

If you look at the interview he said it in you can tell he's not hanging him out to dry. Amavi made a mistake and Tim said he did and he would learn from it. Blown out of all proportion 

Why not??? Are you seriously telling me Amavi will go home crying because big nasty Tim highlighted the mistake that caused the goal?  if you do then must seriously believe the sh1t that comes from doing press conferences on FM.

At previous psot Xela not you as you are spot on!

Edited by Wittmann

Not totally convinced about Sherwood yet, seems to make many weird decisions, like taking Sanchez of today and letting Gabby and Gestede play the entire match. So far (even though it is still very early days) I am not convinced about his signings, Amavi has looked decent, the rest have looked average, (I am also very exited about Traore) though it is much much to early to judge them. 

Sherwood seems to be making the same mistake that Lambert was doing, using 3 defensive midfielders at the same time, we're never going to score many goals playing with three defensive midfielders. I don't think any of our midfield trio was ever close to Palace's goal, except maybe Sanchez once. 

Also, when was the last time we have seen a team be successful without wingers ? We lack width and when our fullbacks go up, we lack defenders, we need wingers to be able to help them out or play with 3 at the back. 

Villa really need to take a look at the team and start doing what Palace, Swansea and Southampton are doing, where we create a philosophy and buy players/hire managers that fit into that philosophy instead of just putting random players into random positions and hire new managers who want to change everything. 

We also really need more out and out wingers like Traore in our team, they offer so much attacking threat and it is much easier to attack on the wings than to attack through the center.

Well bar benteke and Cleverley's form I'm yet to really see a sustained difference between him and lambert.

Now benteke has left we don't really look like scoring too often.

You must have missed September-February and March-May last season then.

Nah not really. Sept - Feb we were shit. March - may we were half decent largely because of the form of Cleverley and Benteke.

We still finished a pathetic 17th.

I've seen nothing yet to suggest we won't be in another battle.

Well bar benteke and Cleverley's form I'm yet to really see a sustained difference between him and lambert.

If Lambert was still here we'd be playing the like of small heath and Rotherham this season

That's why I said - bar benteke and Cleverley's form. I mean I did say that didn't I? It's written clear enough.

It is, in your opinion, a complete coincidence that Benteke and Cleverley picked up form after Sherwood arrived? Just random chance?

Nah not really. Sept - Feb we were shit. March - may we were half decent largely because of the form of Cleverley and Benteke.

If Lambert was still here we'd be playing the like of small heath and Rotherham this season
That's why I said - bar benteke and Cleverley's form. I mean I did say that didn't I? It's written clear enough.

It is, in your opinion, a complete coincidence that Benteke and Cleverley picked up form after Sherwood arrived? Just random chance?
No. It was clearly down to sherwood. The problem is we don't have them two now. And he can't seem to pick the form up of others.

Hence why the pathetic 6 sot this season emulate the dross we were used to under lambert.

Edited by Woodytom

i dont think its fair to downplay sherwoods involvement in the turnaround of those players and the team from when he arrived woodytom

as for today, i could understand the team selection (apart from gabby) and i could actually understand the sanchez sub - he hasnt played much preseason so he was the most likely to come off and we were taking a gamble and going for it with an extra attacker.

what didnt make sense was why gabby started and why he didnt come off at the same time as sanchez, and why 2 subs went unused. thats what has annoyed me and i suspect most villa fans. gabby seems to be untouchable, and its been the same for a while.

although not a great start to the season and lacks of goals is a concern, we have a lot of new players to gel and our most creative players have been injured - take the two creative players out of any of the teams outside the top 4 and see how they do. i dont think we have been completely outclassed and camped around our own area like so many times under lambert, and our lot of our problems in games stem from stupid unforced errors.

i dont think its fair to downplay sherwoods involvement in the turnaround of those players and the team from when he arrived woodytom

I haven't. I've been misunderstood clearly.

yeah sorry, only saw your clarification after i had posted

anyway, hopefully with the midweek cup game, gabby will be 'rested', and somebody else takes their chance and forces sherwoods hand for the sunderland game

Pardew was very complimentary about us today, are us fans being overly critical about the performance?

I saw both Pardew's and Sherwood's interviews after the game and Pardew was properly singing our praises. Okay, it's easier complimenting the opposition when you've just won, but he felt his side were in a very tough game.

Also, the quote from Sherwood doesn't fully reflect the context of what he said about Amavi. Firstly, there's no question quoted by the BBC, just Sherwood's answer, which can make it seem like he's chosen to focus on Amavi - not so if you see the whole thing.

• Like 1

I haven't. I've been misunderstood clearly.

yeah sorry, only saw your clarification after i had posted

anyway, hopefully with the midweek cup game, gabby will be 'rested', and somebody else takes their chance and forces sherwoods hand for the sunderland game

No problem :)

No. It was clearly down to sherwood. The problem is we don't have them two now. And he can't seem to pick the form up of others.

Hence why the pathetic 6 sot this season emulate the dross we were used to under lambert.

Okay, thanks for clarifying. I don't agree (yet, though that's obviously subject to review) but now I understand what you're saying. 

Okay, thanks for clarifying. I don't agree (yet, though that's obviously subject to review) but now I understand what you're saying.

We've played 3 games! It's a brand new side getting to know each other saying he can't pick the form up of the players after just 3 games is beyond silly! Let them gel then you can moan all you like but at least give them a chance to prove you right!

anager reaction

Crystal Palace 2-1 Aston Villa

Posted at17:13

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood talking to the BBC: "To lose it so late was disappointing. I thought we were very good in the first half. We scored the goal and came back into it. To lose it so late is disappointing.

"We saw a young player with no fear like Adama Traore. On the flip side you have young players that make mistakes and Jordan Amavi, hasn't made many but he did today and has to learn from it."

Tim you shithouse so amavi made a mistake dont ridicule the lad what about gabby why didnt ya say what a waste of space. Anymore of this talk tim and you can **** do one

Laughably ridiculous overreaction.
There really is no reason to say it tho. Not a great way to motivate your player. Especially a young lad by comparing him to someone else who didn't make a mistake.

Really is a gobshite at times.

Well he's amongst good company

seeing as some on here are gobshites too! Some. Reactions really are laughable. Never knew there were so many qualified managers and motivators on here.

anager reaction

Crystal Palace 2-1 Aston Villa

Posted at17:13

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood talking to the BBC: "To lose it so late was disappointing. I thought we were very good in the first half. We scored the goal and came back into it. To lose it so late is disappointing.

"We saw a young player with no fear like Adama Traore. On the flip side you have young players that make mistakes and Jordan Amavi, hasn't made many but he did today and has to learn from it."

Tim you shithouse so amavi made a mistake dont ridicule the lad what about gabby why didnt ya say what a waste of space. Anymore of this talk tim and you can **** do one

Laughably ridiculous overreaction.
There really is no reason to say it tho. Not a great way to motivate your player. Especially a young lad by comparing him to someone else who didn't make a mistake.

Really is a gobshite at times.

Well he's amongst good company

seeing as some on here are gobshites too! Some. Reactions really are laughable. Never knew there were so many qualified managers and motivators on here.

Didnt realise you needed to be qualified to be a motivator.

Pardew was very complimentary about us today, are us fans being overly critical about the performance?

Im more optimistic now than I was this time last year when we had a great start to the season.

I said last season we might be getting results but these performances overall were poor, so far I think it's the other way round. Id say we about par results wise, but we look to have a better base to build on & things can only improve IMO. This isn't the easiest start to the season either, Sunderland at home next week will tell us a lot about this team.

We need a striker & some more experience, slightly concerned at the lack of premier league players now, we could do with a couple of older heads in the mix. When you think about it looking at Micah Richards/Guzan/Gabby to drag us through tough spots / control the emotions of games/other players it feels a bit lacking.

100% need a striker, I was dead set against Austin and I think its overpriced and very risky, but we need a working striker who can poach in the box and finish off moves from Grealish/Gil/Traore. Im sure Sherwood knows that. We have only spend net 5m, let's not waste a good summer, we had a world class striker last season and nobody to get to the best out of him. If its roles reversed with nobody to finish off moves then we are back to square one. 

I thought he could've been a bit more reactive today and brought off Gabby for being pants and Gestede in the second half and brought on Sinclair and Ayew when the game was becoming more and more stretched. On a day when players looked shattered due to the heat I don't understand the one sub thing?! Although Sanchez was pulled possibly due to fitness I thought he looked strong and was our best CM today, and also felt he was wrongly taken off.  So a 6/10 for Sherwood today for me.

Â