The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Very poor from Tim today. Tactics were shit. 442 wasnt working or whatever that tripe was. Just using the one sub? Gabby was bloody awful. Just like Pardew took off his gash players at half time to teach them not to play like that again. Tim rewards gabby with 90 minutes. Pathetic. Using only 1 sub? What was that about? Bring on your 10 million dollar striker. Frustrating today. We deserved nothing from Palace.

I think the manager was very poor today.

Firstly, starting Agbonlahor just mystifies me, he is an abysmal player and was the epicentre at almost every single thing we did badly today.

Secondly, Sherwood is not decisive. Our first half performance was actually pretty good with the exception of both Agbonlahor and Gestede. Whereas Pardew swiftly dealt with his first half weak links, Sherwood persisted with his. This resulted in us getting pretty much murdered in the second half, and we went on to concede a goal. 

Thirdly, why did he take Sanchez off? Sanchez was arguably our best player and played the holding role pretty much flawlessly. Agbonhalor on the other hand went from being utter garbage in the first half to being utterly invisible in the second. Traore IMO should have been brought on for Gabby. That way we'd have more of an attacking threat, but would also be more solid at the back.

When Sanchez came off Palace had way more space to operate and they went on to punish us with the second goal. The likelihood of that happening with Sanchez on the pitch would have been lower. 

So yeah, overall, I thought it was a very bad display from the manager. He needs to be more ruthless with poor performers and more decisive earlier on in matches when it comes to his subs. 

• Like 3

No problem with the sub, we went for the win and Sanchez can't play in a midfield 2.

Why not take off Gabby for Traore then?

Because then you've got one less attacking player on the pitch. Gabby should have come off for Sinclair or Ayew but no issue with the sub he did make from me.

When Sanchez came off Palace had way more space to operate and they went on to punish us with the second goal. The likelihood of that happening with Sanchez on the pitch would have been lower.

They were tearing us apart second half with Sanchez on the pitch.

Sanchez hasnt played 90 minutes in 2 months and isnt that fit. Put on another attacker(which worked as he was our most dangerous player) at 0-0 and sometimes it backfired

**** it was better than putting on a DM and holding out for 0-0

We lost through individual errors from Bacuna, Amavi and Guzan not Tim's tactics

• Like 1

No problem with the sub, we went for the win and Sanchez can't play in a midfield 2.

Why not take off Gabby for Traore then?

Because then you've got one less attacking player on the pitch. Gabby should have come off for Sinclair or Ayew but no issue with the sub he did make from me.

On paper we would but Gabby was like playing with 10.

They were tearing us apart second half with Sanchez on the pitch.

And they did that even more when he came off. Poor decision, no excuses for it will ever convince me otherwise. 

He's still learning too, some OTT criticism as per. 

Traoré for Gabby was my ininital thought too, very surprised Gabby played 90 minutes, should really score that 1 on 1 and then lettin git hit his standing foot when trying to cross left footed was a very bad look indeed.

Sherwood I think will work this out, he can't be blamed for the combination of Bacuna and Guzan giving away the corner and the Amavi deciding to beat his man with zero cover behind him. We will improve and I think Sherwood has put some good players together that need some time to gel properly.

Patience.

• Like 2

Not to sure how Gabby & Gastede remained on the field for 90mins. Also found the substitution strange really, all for Traore (as proved to be the case) but taking Sanchez off? Mmm not sure. Bad day at the office, He'll learn from today,

Â