The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I am maybe being harsh but I think Lambert was in it more for the money than anything else. Either that or he totally underestimated the task at hand. The move was career suicide as a manager but financially he is set for life.

I think that's a load of nonsense.

Ok but at least say why you think that?

I am maybe being harsh but I think Lambert was in it more for the money than anything else.

I think thats very harsh. He could have earnt a little bit less and have a much easier job. Would be very surprised if most people didnt say he was extremely hard working. Just things didnt work out and he lost his way. He had a harder job than sherwood has now iyam (obv both really hard)

Also shouldnt you state why you thought he was in it for the money first? (replying to your post to stevo)

I mentioned why I think it was a big factor. I'm not saying it was the only reason but if you looked at the squad he inherited and the funds and wages he was apparently told he could use. How on earth did he ever think he was going to be a success with those restrictions placed on him and such a big and demanding club?

If the money offered to him was the same as Norwich do you still think he would have left?

Look I really liked the guy. He seemed like a good hard working honest bloke. But if he really wanted to become a top manager there is no way he would have taken that role with those restrictions.

My honest opinion.

Edit: as for having a harder job than Sherwood i 100% agree. He did an amazing job the way he kept that dross up with the budget he had. Yet he is seen as one of our worst manager of all tim and the stats back that up. Again why I think it was career suicide and money was such a massive factor.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I couldn't, and don't, understand why people didn't and don't like him, seems a good guy to me.

to sum it up quickly: He came across as someone who would stick his dick in your pint for #bantz

But he is winning me over

Don't we all .... No ..... Just me then
  • Like 1

I couldn't, and don't, understand why people didn't and don't like him, seems a good guy to me.

to sum it up quickly: He came across as someone who would stick his dick in your pint for #bantz

But he is winning me over

He is from London! That's why no one likes him. But he is one cockney I'm starting to love.

I am maybe being harsh but I think Lambert was in it more for the money than anything else.

I think thats very harsh. He could have earnt a little bit less and have a much easier job. Would be very surprised if most people didnt say he was extremely hard working. Just things didnt work out and he lost his way. He had a harder job than sherwood has now iyam (obv both really hard)

Also shouldnt you state why you thought he was in it for the money first? (replying to your post to stevo)

I mentioned why I think it was a big factor. I'm not saying it was the only reason but if you looked at the squad he inherited and the funds and wages he was apparently told he could use. How on earth did he ever think he was going to be a success with those restrictions placed on him and such a big and demanding club?

If the money offered to him was the same as Norwich do you still think he would have left?

Look I really liked the guy. He seemed like a good hard working honest bloke. But if he really wanted to become a top manager there is no way he would have taken that role with those restrictions.

My honest opinion.

Edit: as for having a harder job than Sherwood i 100% agree. He did an amazing job the way he kept that dross up with the budget he had. Yet he is seen as one of our worst manager of all tim and the stats back that up. Again why I think it was career suicide and money was such a massive factor.

Norwich offered him more money to stay and offered him a bigger transfer budget.

So you're talking a smidge of nonsense there.

Nonsense, again.

The financial restrictions are still there, so surely Sherwood is also in it for the money?

Sorry mate, but this is a huge leap. I'm not trying to argue Lambert was a success, but saying he only took the Villa job for the money is ridiculous. Didn't Norwich offer him a pay rise to stay?

If he'd taken a step down, then you'd have a point. But managing at Norwich and being offered a job at Villa is a no brainer.

Edited by Stevo985

My honest opinion.

Norwich offered him more money to stay and offered him a bigger transfer budget.

If that is true then completely forget everything I have just said.

The guy is clearly a masochist!

My honest opinion.

If that is true then completely forget everything I have just said.

The guy is clearly a masochist!

I forget the name of the...think CEO of Norwich, gobby bloke. Spoke on SSN at the time he didn't understand why he was leaving, when they effectively through the kitchen sink at him to stay.

Nonsense, again.

The financial restrictions are still there, so surely Sherwood is also in it for the money?

Sorry mate, but this is a huge leap. I'm not trying to argue Lambert was a success, but saying he only took the VIlla job for the money is ridiculous. Didn't Norwich offer him a pay rise to stay?

Are they? would Lambert have been allowed to give a player 65K a week? Would he have been allowed to spend 40M even if it was recouped? Did he already have some decent players to work with?

Anyway somebody has just stated Norwich offered him a pay rise and larger transfer budget so I guess what I did say was nonsense. But I do think the money being a big factor made some sense based on my rational.

The money was a factor in so much as he wanted to be paid for the job he was doing.

So no more than any manager who's ever taken a premier league job ever.

Unless you rate Villa as a smaller club than Norwich I don't see how you can think it was a move motivated by money.

The money was a factor in so much as he wanted to be paid for the job he was doing.

So no more than any manager who's ever taken a premier league job ever.

Unless you rate Villa as a smaller club than Norwich I don't see how you can think it was a move motivated by money.

I think you may be misunderstanding where I'm coming from. The fact Villa are such a big club is why I think it was a strange move based on the budget and team he took over. It was almost impossible to be a success.

Anyway we are going way off topic.

Some TS charisma at work.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9939424/Christian-Benteke-hits-out-at-Aston-Villa-boss-Tim-Sherwood

To be fair, I think the last line said most of it.

Benteke isn't really "hitting out" at Sherwood is he? 

Such a bullshit title. 

Exactly what i said in the Benteke thread.

If you ignore the headline, all that is is a conversation between player and manager, where the player had a different view than his manager.

Sensationalist reporting as per.

• Like 1

Some TS charisma at work.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9939424/Christian-Benteke-hits-out-at-Aston-Villa-boss-Tim-Sherwood

To be fair, I think the last line said most of it.

Benteke isn't really "hitting out" at Sherwood is he? 

Such a bullshit title. 

They always are bullshit titles.... but us mugs keep reading them.

Surprised Benteke brought it up though. Thought he'd do his talking on the pitch.

Â