The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Said I was concerned about the future of the club.

Arguably the most important rebuilding job to be done on the playing side in a generation. With a manager who has not yet bought one player in his short career and who has dubious tactical ability. Good luck to us all, and to the manager especially

Shame the last bloke made such a mess of things. Might have made things a little easier for Sherwood.

Arguably the most important rebuilding job to be done on the playing side in a generation. With a manager who has not yet bought one player in his short career and who has dubious tactical ability. Good luck to us all, and to the manager especially

Shame the last bloke made such a mess of things. Might have made things a little easier for Sherwood.

Shame the last bloke was not allowed to sign his first choice targets.  :(

• Like 2

like who? 

Do you mean he was after better players than Benteke and Tonev?? Sherwood is the unknown but he has now got as much experience as Lambert had in the Premier League but his win ratio is a lot better granted one was with a much better squad but the other half was with Lamberts squad! Brendan Rodgers is supposedly a great tactician and has loads of experience in the transfer market. Sherwood out did him in the semi tactically and Rodgers record in the transfer market is woeful. Experience isn't always the best thing. Let's see who he buys before we write him off and let him have at least half a season with his own squad before he's written off tactically aswell.

• Like 3

Lerner is still here lad......

We are at the same stage as we were when Lambert took over, squad needs rebuilding again because we have been spending peanuts. If Sherwood is allowed sign his top targets then we might have a chance next year but if we are shelling out small wages again then we will be in for a major struggle.

• Like 1

like who? 

Depay and Coutinho to name two.  :(

If Lambert thought those two were realistic targets then he really was losing the plot.

Indeed. If his supposed targets had gone to Palace or Sunderland or Stoke, then fair enough, but if he'd been chasing players that top clubs got with a 2 mil fee and 20k per week, then he's been wasting his time. 

If Lambert thought those two were realistic targets then he really was losing the plot.

They were realistic signings at the time, but unfortunately our chairman was not willing to push the boat out for them (and other quality players too). What could have been? I seriously hope Tim has better luck.

They were realistic signings at the time, but unfortunately our chairman was not willing to push the boat out for them (and other quality players too). What could have been? I seriously hope Tim has better luck.

Putting aside where your in-depth knowledge of Lambert's 1st targets comes from, this is totally nonsensical as if Lerner wasn't willing to give the money then they were actually never realistic at any point. 

Hasn't every manager overtime missed out on their first choice targets? You name 2 but how many of the actual signings were his first choice? I seriously hope Sherwood has more than one option for positions and that he gets the best out of them the latter being where Lambert failed.

did you know, that barring the sunderland game, we failed to beat any other team in the league by more than a one goal margain?

that is worring. as shows a sign of fear and a poor side that you are unable to kill teams off. 

did you know, that barring the sunderland game, we failed to beat any other team in the league by more than a one goal margain?

And we've only managed that feat 10 times in the last 114 league games

And we've only managed that feat 10 times in the last 114 league games

wow p3te, that really is alarming. i was thinking about this earlier. when was the last time had a nice 3-0 victory at home in the league? cant think of many instances

is it the players we have? the tactics? when you look at poor sides like leicester who managed this easily towards the end of the season it makes you wonder

is it a mentality thing?

I think it's all of the above, but I'd hope it's a thing of the past now that we've got a manager who will actually play attacking football. We'll get some hammerings along the way, but I reckon we'll win a few handsomely too

I hope so mate. I have a feeling that if we get the reported 32m for benteke long run may benefit us as this could be contributing factor to this as we are heavily relying on tekkers with the goals.

if we get a nice sum and its ALL reinvested then hopefully we can get various better players  that will in long run mean we wont have to rely on just one player to get us goals

Its been non stop action since he has taken over with highs ( WBA x 2, Spurs away, Liverpool) and lows (the last 3 games). Now it is time for him to take a breath and plan for next season. It has kept us up and got us to a cup final none of us thought would happen this season. The final was awful but that's in the past now.  

Next season will show how good Sherwood is as a manager in terms of both player recruitment, motivation, media handling, tactics, and ultimately, results. Mid table and not being useless at home would be good enough for me.

Shame the last bloke was not allowed to sign his first choice targets. :(

like who?

Depay and Coutinho to name two. :(

Add Cresswell to the list

• Like 1

Â