The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Thing is Gil was genuinely been making waves and had got noticed by fans other clubs. I saw a few comments in effect of "how did Villa get Gil" and "this Gil fella's far too good for Villa".

On the of back of a great goal in the cup and an assist. I think he's very good technically but its the the other defensive side that lets him down and I guess the reason why Sherwood hasn't picked him. 

Thing is Gil was genuinely been making waves and had got noticed by fans other clubs. I saw a few comments in effect of "how did Villa get Gil" and "this Gil fella's far too good for Villa".

On the of back of a great goal in the cup and an assist. I think he's very good technically but its the the other defensive side that lets him down and I guess the reason why Sherwood hasn't picked him. 

If we weren't playing such a rigid 442 every match we could definitely find a space for him - he's clearly good enough to be starting. Ought to have been in front of Delph and Sanchez on Saturday, it would have made us much more solid and we could have got far more from the front 3 in that formation rather than sticking Weimann wide right.

• Like 1

Pretty much, he has exceptional ability on the ball and can unlock defenses with his passing, he needs to be in the team. Sherwood seems to prefer good old pace and power rather than genuine skill and technique, which really isn't at all out of step with the sort of 'English' coaching mentality that has done the country so good at international tournaments. 

• Like 1

Pretty much, he has exceptional ability on the ball and can unlock defenses with his passing, he needs to be in the team. Sherwood seems to prefer good old pace and power rather than genuine skill and technique, which really isn't at all out of step with the sort of 'English' coaching mentality that has done the country so good at international tournaments.

You've reached that conclusion because he hasn't been playing gill? Even though he picked him the first chance he had, the team were awful and since then we played much better until the last game.

lets not forget how severe the injuries have been. he has not had many opportunities to play his best side

Lambert had the same issue. His job is to manage the team.

Difference being Lambert was managing the squad he built over two years. Sherwood's working with another mans squad after 8 games.

I don't think injuries are a valid excuse for most managers as it happens to them all, but I think a bit of context needs to be used before jumping on Sherwood.

I don't think people are jumping on him, they are judging him on games and his mistakes. Sorry but he isn't untouchable just because he isn't Lambert.

• Like 2

Of course he's not. But I think its a bit daft to jump on every mistake. Firstly, look at the situation he came into and secondly any manager we got would be making some mistakes, because no proven good manager would have ever taken the job.

We're winning more games and scoring more goals than before.

Sherwood playing Weimann instead of Gil is bad enough, but there is no excuse playing Cole infront of him. This is why my conclusion is Sherwood has a personal issue with him. There is no reason he couldn't start a game, even at Sunderland when it was all over he brought on a 17 year old.

Sherwood playing Weimann instead of Gil is bad enough, but there is no excuse playing Cole infront of him. This is why my conclusion is Sherwood has a personal issue with him. There is no reason he couldn't start a game, even at Sunderland when it was all over he brought on a 17 year old.

Yes heaven forbid he attempts to allow a young promising kid to get game time over the messiah.

• Like 1

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that sherwood has sat down with Gil and explained the reason he isn't playing at the moment (not the player for a relegation fight) and that Gil understands. And that cole is an experienced player. And sherwood openly said bringing the young kid on was a message to all of the youth players that opportunity is there.

I think a lot of fans are seeing what they want to believe because we are so used to negativity after the last fool who managed us.

I fear GIl might be turning into a new Reo-Coker, Bent or Luke Young. A world class player when out of the side

I like the lad he has looked ok in his starts but the pressure he will be under on his next appearance from people expecting him to be Maradona will be immense

I can understand him not starting games but when he's bringing on kids and Cole ahead of him then I think his days must be numbered at Villa. Personally I would like to see him play even if its 20 or 30 mins. I like Sherwood but maybe at times he's a little too stubborn. 

• Like 1

I fear GIl might be turning into a new Reo-Coker, Bent or Luke Young. A world class player when out of the side

I like the lad he has looked ok in his starts but the pressure he will be under on his next appearance from people expecting him to be Maradona will be immense

He don't have to be Maradona to get a game over the likes of Weimann?

He don't have to be Maradona to get a game over the likes of Weimann?

Madonna would be enough

He said gil was part of the team that lost 7 in a row. Bit unfair.. So was Guzan and Clark. Timmy said he likes carles and he trains well. So what's the problem

I can understand him not starting games but when he's bringing on kids and Cole ahead of him then I think his days must be numbered at Villa. Personally I would like to see him play even if its 20 or 30 mins. I like Sherwood but maybe at times he's a little too stubborn. 

Can you not see you might be overreacting slightly? Gil has been here since january, and probably hasnt been played since sherwood came in because he doesnt think hes the type of player for a relegation fight. It isnt like the guy has been dropped from the scene completely!

And to say Sherwood is a little too stubborn at times, when he has only been here for a handful of games is unbeliavable. We've just had successive seasons of stubborn scotsmen, that doesnt mean Sherwood will take after them! Can we not just give sherwood a little bit of faith and consider that he might actually have explained to Gil why he isnt playing, and that he has solid reasoning behind it?

lets not forget how severe the injuries have been. he has not had many opportunities to play his best side

Injuries are no excuse. They happen to everyone. Apparently.

He'll get judged big time on the QPR game, Needs to play it the best of his ability, no shady subs. Could lose alot of support already if he mugs this one.

9 games and he's going to lose support. Glad we gave him a chance. Jesus I think McLeish was given longer than Sherwood has been.

Gill for player manager next?

His job is to keep us up, losing to QPR takes us closer to relegation. Of course he will be judged.

Exactly.

He was hired to keep us up. If he doesn't, then he's failed at the job he was hired to do.

You can blame circumstances if you want, and absolve Sherwood of blame because he has to correct Lambert's mess. But that doesn't change that he would have failed.

• Like 2

Â