Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

You guys are crazy for dropping Sanchez against a team like Chelsea.

-----------------Goose----------------------

Hutton-----Okore---Clark-----Cissokho

-------------Sanchez--Westwood-------

Gil-------------Delph-----------Sinclair

---------------Benteke---------------------

This would be my team too at this point.

I think the only sensible way to predict a Villa score....Hang on let me rephrase that as "Villa" and "Score" clearly don't sit well together...

I think the only sensible way to predict a Villa result is to look for the most likely record to be broken and who in the opposition is in need of breaking their bad run be it not having scored for ages or whatever.... So the result is obvious

Villa 0 Chelsea 1 or more

Now the reason for this is we set an even longer record of not scoring and at the same time Mourinho has never won at Villa Park..so that's clearly the bad run that needs breaking for them!

The positivity and blind enthusiasm one has prior to kick off is now a thing of the past for me. Eyes wide open and Chelsea are going to be champions, man for man are better in every department and we are completely out of form. It will be a clinical and professional performance from Chelsea where they choose not to score any more than 2 in order to save their energy for the next match. Sad times.

I would go for a defensive 4-5-1 as I think as much as I'd like us to go for it, Chelsea are so much better technically than we are, we would get ripped to shreds if we try to outplay them.

So;

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar if fit or Baker, Okore Cissokho

Delph. Clark. Sanchez ( yes he had a shocker vs le Arse but has been one of our better players thus far)

Gil. Cole. Gabby

Pace up top, play into channels and whip early balls in hard and low. Benteke been poor but see how game goes and bring him on for Gabby at half time and put Sinclair on for Cole.

Prediction, 4-0 to Chelsea Cnuts, hopefully not by half time

Who's going to mark Hazard? If we can somehow stop him we have a chance of keeping the score down to 2. Chelsea are physically stronger than other teams, for that reason alone Sanchez should play, but if he keeps giving the ball away like he did at Arsenal then he has to be subbed. Maybe Bacuna for Cleverly and stick him on Hazard. 

Edited by PaulC

I usually hate it, but 3 at the back might be prudent here. 

---------------Guzan

---------Okore Vlaar Clark

Hutton---------------------- Cissokho

-----Sanchez/Westwood Delph

----------------Gil

--------Weimann Benteke

Edited by PatrickCousens
  • Like 1

This isn't going to be a great deal of fun.

-----------------------Guzan------------------------

Hutton---------Okore---------Clark------Cissokho

-----------------Sanchez------Delph---------------

Sinclair-----------------Gil-------------Agbonlahor

-----------------------Benteke----------------------

Bookings, booing, chaos, anger and a big defeat is all I see here.

Like the team

2-1 to villa

The positivity and blind enthusiasm one has prior to kick off is now a thing of the past for me. Eyes wide open and Chelsea are going to be champions, man for man are better in every department and we are completely out of form. It will be a clinical and professional performance from Chelsea where they choose not to score any more than 2 in order to save their energy for the next match. Sad times.

Agree with everything except the bolded part. Even Mourinho's terrible record at Villa Park does nothing to make me think we'll get anything other than another Arsenal-esque hiding.

Chelsea have won all their league games this season when they have been leading at half time (13 matches). Villa have lost all their league games this season when they have been losing at half time (8 matches).

Chelsea have scored the most goals in the league this season (52), Villa have scored the fewest (11).

Villa have gotten 15 out 18 available points in matches were they have taken the lead.

We need to score first or we will lose. Chelsea will score. There is along time since I've been so pessimistic before a match. Guaranteed loss.

It's always darkest just before the dawn....

In 40 years watching this is a low water mark for the Villa.

But you know what, I've got a feeling that something big is about to happen.

Hold onto your hats it's going to be nervy at the end of this season but we will not go down

You guys are crazy for dropping Sanchez against a team like Chelsea.

-----------------Goose----------------------

Hutton-----Okore---Clark-----Cissokho

-------------Sanchez--Westwood-------

Gil-------------Delph-----------Sinclair

---------------Benteke---------------------

This would be my team too at this point.