The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

The Marginals are going to be key

Latest info suggests Labour have clawed back Grimsby from UKIP  ( at least in terms of where previous polling had that seat going)

Peterborough seems likely to stay Tory

It still suggests a hung parliament either way ... unless the media have something special up their sleeve for Thursday morning  ..

I fully expect the written media will have something up their sleeves for tomorrow and Wednesday. I'm also sure their intended damage won't be balanced across the parties.

We can only hope the UK written media, ruled by a few, near eccentric, often non-UK based billionaires, has no influence on the voters of the UK.

• Like 1

No comments on Ed's pledge stone  .. do these advisor's really get paid for coming up with this crap  ...

You'd think after Cameron's posters got shopped to the hilt , the politicians would know better by now

commandments.jpg

If Armando Ianucci had written that into a script for The Thick Of It - it would have been cut as too unbelievable. 

I can't believe no-one withing the Labour hierarchy said "Hang on Ed, this is a shit idea" 

If it contained any actual policy commitments I might have sort of understood what he was on about but it was just a bunch of airy fairy intentions that could be interpreted anyway Labour felt like anyway. 

If there is another election relatively soon. Which party would have the biggest budget available?

I imagine most have just spent 5 years of savings, donations, good will and overdraft.

Another campaign in the summer could see a welcome return for the home made election leaflet with a punky gestetner copier vibe about them.

Nick Clegg to have the entire Liberal Democrat manifesto tattooed on his face?

talking of the Nick  ..the Clegg reads Twitter stuff about him was quite good .. though calling it "I Clegg your pardon" made me think Drat works for the Sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wexGqJL5dog

• Like 2

I think it will be a small tory majority. They always seem to come good at the end, and a good deal of 'don't knows' are shy tories,  and Tory supporters are more likley to get out and vote.

Stll no VTers willing to have a guess at the seat numbers gained by the major parties?

Go on I'll play along as I can sense that your feeling a bit peeved no one answered your first request :)

Tories 288

Labour 271

SNP 48

Lib Dems 27

UKIP 2

Others 14

Stll no VTers willing to have a guess at the seat numbers gained by the major parties?

Something like:

Cons 286

Lab 264

LD 22

SNP 52

PC 4

UKIP 2

Green 1

Graun have Tories to win only 274, think they'll do better than that, but still not enough to get over the line with LD + UKIP. 

Go on I'll play along as I can sense that your feeling a bit peeved no one answered your first request :)

Tories 288

Labour 271

SNP 48

Lib Dems 27

UKIP 2

Others 14

Not peeved as such, just surprised in amongst all the action on this thread there were no seat predictions. :)

Your prediction is very close to mine and is probably what will happen according to the latest opinion polls. I based my guess of a few more seats for the tories and a few less for labour around some of the 'don't knows' voting for the largest incumbent party.

• Like 1

Tory 281

Labour 267

Liberal Democrats 26

UKIP 1

Green 0 here's hoping but I think Lucas will keep her seat as she appears to have successfully distanced herself from the unpopular greens in Brighton council

SNP 51

Tory 281

Labour 267

Liberal Democrats 26

UKIP 1

Green 0 here's hoping but I think Lucas will keep her seat as she appears to have successfully distanced herself from the unpopular greens in Brighton council

SNP 51

Something as seriously gone wrong somewhere if I am predicting the Tories to get more seats than you mate  :)  You just erring on the side of caution? Based on your predication the Tories, plus DUP, UKIP and perhaps the Lib Dems would still be way short.

Anyone genuinely think a party will get an overall majority.? I wonder what odds you'd get as it seems a long shot if the polls are to be believed.

The way things are looking the days after the election are likely to be way more interesting then the weeks preceding it.

Edited by markavfc40