New manager

reykjavik

The guy who was DOF at Albion and is now with England (Dan Ashworth?) claimed that whilst he was at West Brom he had a database for every position at the club with at least fifteen alternative options should anyone ever need replacing.

I'm not sure how that would help.

I am hearing a rumour gathering momentum that Neil Lennon is in the running for the job. I will 100% end my lifelong over 40 years) love for Villa if that happens. I will refuse to watch, listen or have any association with the club if he gets the job. I urge all passionate Villa fans to voice their concern at Lennon even being considered an option. I could take no enjoyment with us progressing under his leadership and the club will be dead to me.

Why ?

This is why we don't have McLaren now..

I am hearing a rumour gathering momentum that Neil Lennon is in the running for the job. I will 100% end my lifelong over 40 years) love for Villa if that happens. I will refuse to watch, listen or have any association with the club if he gets the job. I urge all passionate Villa fans to voice their concern at Lennon even being considered an option. I could take no enjoyment with us progressing under his leadership and the club will be dead to me.

Am I wrong in thinking that this is sectarian in nature? Coz if it is, you won't be missed.

• Like 4

The guy who was DOF at Albion and is now with England (Dan Ashworth?) claimed that whilst he was at West Brom he had a database for every position at the club with at least fifteen alternative options should anyone ever need replacing.

I'm not sure how that would help.

Help who? It was mentioned that Southampton had a similar system and it helped them with getting Koeman when they replaced the guy who went to Tottenham. It can't be a bad thing having a list of ready made replacements should you need to replace a player or coach or whatever. Of course the trick is having the right DOF to who is able compile a database of decent talent and not just any random names. It seemed to work for Albion while Ashworth(?) was at the club.

I'm starting to think some of the dislike for Lennon is this.

Also, I think not explaining yourself for calling someone an asshole twice in one post is a total cop out. Am I missing something here? What has he done to warrant that?

Yes....you are wrong in thinking my views are sectarian. I would never in a million years have such a view and would hope such a view is never in anyway associated with Villa.

Fair enough. Your rant and lack of explanation did make it seem like it was sectarian though. My apologies.

Yes....you are wrong in thinking my views are sectarian. I would never in a million years have such a view and would hope such a view is never in anyway associated with Villa.

Fair enough. Your rant and lack of explanation did make it seem like it was sectarian though. My apologies.

Did he prehaps commit sins in a previous life ?

Spoke to a Wolves fan earlier and he rates Hoddle quite highly. I'd take him over Sherwood.

He's different to any other Wolves fan I've heard speak of Hoddle, I've always got the impression that he alienated half the players and played them out of position and also that he was quite aloof and deluded.

Of course he's delusional, he believes in sky daddies.

Unfortunately, so do half the population.

• Like 3

I've just read about how Lambert was sacked. Fox called him at bodymoor heath and 'informed him of the boards decision'. Lambert was then refused when he asked for a face to face meeting. I agree that he had to go, I wanted him to go. But the chairman couldn't even do it face to face, and the CEO even had to do it over the phone. The fact that he asked for a face to face meeting suggests he really didn't want to go, and that makes me feel rubbish. Like I say I think he had to go, but the manner in which it was done was so gutless. I love my club but I really am ashamed of the men running it.

• Like 4

i live in Ireland and I despise Celtic/Rangers and their fans and Neil Lennon is the posterboy for Old Firm wankerness.

Cant be a coincidence that Henrik Larsson or Stilian Petrov or even Martin O'Neill never got into any  trouble when they played in Scotland

A question for those who keep suggesting we make a move for Klopp. Are you taking the piss or do you not understand the size of Borussia Dortmund as a club or how highly rated Klopp is in world football?

Do you not understand the size of Aston Villa?! You keep aiming small mate! No ones saying he will come but as they say "If you don't ask you don't get". Klopp after being interviewed at the start of the season I believe commented he wanted to come to the premiership next season. Now unless there is some major problems at the other end of the division can you see him heading to any of the bigger clubs in the summer? Also are Dortmund going to get CL football next season? And how the hell do you know what job/project might actually tempt him anyway? Villa is still a massive club.

The way I see it is that although we have been shit for the best part of 4-5 years. IF the owner changes his stance on the direction of the club and wants to either max commercial revenue and/or increase the profile to sell, getting a big name manager with proven pedigree should be top priority.

It's an example of where we should be aiming that's all. Not the Sherwoods of this world that have proven jack shit. Even Lambert had proven more than that. 

Maybe Klopp, De Boer wont be interested but I do know who I'd be offering the job to before we get desperate for the also-rans mentioned.

• Like 2

Krulak has launched a scathing attack on Lambo apparently (The Sun).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6331111/LAMBS-FULL-OF-BULL.html

PAUL LAMBERT has been accused of talking ‘hogwash’ by an Aston Villa director.

In an amazing attack, owner Randy Lerner’s right-hand man General Charles Krulak claimed:

Lambert WAS given cash to buy players he wanted.
The dressing room had lost faith in him.
The team had become boring.
Lambert was axed as manager by Lerner on Wednesday after dropping into the relegation zone. The Scot suggested he was hamstrung because of cost-cutting at Villa Park.

That infuriated Vietnam War hero Krulak, who said: “This idea Randy had not put money into the club and that Paul’s hands were tied is simply not true. It’s hogwash.

“Paul took the job knowing he had good, experienced players, Agbonlahor, Bent, N’Zogbia, even if they were expensive.

“But he argued he needed a group of fresh young players.

“Randy backed him to bring in six to eight players in that first year or so.

“And the club’s net spend during Paul’s tenure was the highest of ANY manager Randy has had, even Martin O’Neill. That is the reality.”

Krulak, 72, said Lerner decided to axe Lambert after hearing the views of fans and players.

He said: “Randy was loathe to remove a manager mid-campaign.

“But there was this intensely strong feeling, not least from players and fans, Villa should be doing a lot better. Paul was just not bringing the team together.

“Randy wants a team that — win, lose or draw — is fun to watch. But the opposite was true.”
  • Like 2

Krulak has launched a scathing attack on Lambo apparently (The Sun).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6331111/LAMBS-FULL-OF-BULL.html

PAUL LAMBERT has been accused of talking ‘hogwash’ by an Aston Villa director.

In an amazing attack, owner Randy Lerner’s right-hand man General Charles Krulak claimed:

Lambert WAS given cash to buy players he wanted.
The dressing room had lost faith in him.
The team had become boring.
Lambert was axed as manager by Lerner on Wednesday after dropping into the relegation zone. The Scot suggested he was hamstrung because of cost-cutting at Villa Park.

That infuriated Vietnam War hero Krulak, who said: “This idea Randy had not put money into the club and that Paul’s hands were tied is simply not true. It’s hogwash.

“Paul took the job knowing he had good, experienced players, Agbonlahor, Bent, N’Zogbia, even if they were expensive.

“But he argued he needed a group of fresh young players.

“Randy backed him to bring in six to eight players in that first year or so.

“And the club’s net spend during Paul’s tenure was the highest of ANY manager Randy has had, even Martin O’Neill. That is the reality.”

Krulak, 72, said Lerner decided to axe Lambert after hearing the views of fans and players.

He said: “Randy was loathe to remove a manager mid-campaign.

“But there was this intensely strong feeling, not least from players and fans, Villa should be doing a lot better. Paul was just not bringing the team together.

“Randy wants a team that — win, lose or draw — is fun to watch. But the opposite was true.”

Ouch.

That's just what he thinks then, nothing to make me change my mind on Lambert as a person.

Seems the players turned on him IF that is true.