New manager

reykjavik

There's more people moaning about people suggesting Klopp than there is people actually suggesting Klopp as the next Manager which shouldn't be hard because I haven't actually seen anyone suggest Klopp.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

There's more people moaning about people suggesting Klopp than there is people actually suggesting Klopp as the next Manager which shouldn't be hard because I haven't actually seen anyone suggest Klopp.

I think our next manager should be Klopp

• Like 3

Can someone explain why Neil Lennon is a terrible choice? I am not being coy here; I genuinely don't understand the revulsion among certain VTers. He seems like he has a very strong record and has played on the big stage. There was one post about 60,000 pages ago where someone called him something along the lines of "the worst human being in the universe" or something equally subtle.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

He'd be an excellent choice, get the crowd buzzing and lift the whole atmosphere of the place to give us that short-term boost we need to stay up and in the long-term he'd implement a lasting legacy and I'm sure we'd come with the highest recommendation from his old Nightschool pal Lambert.

What a stupid suggestion.

• Like 2

He'd be an excellent choice, get the crowd buzzing and lift the whole atmosphere of the place to give us that short-term boost we need to stay up and in the long-term he'd implement a lasting legacy and I'm sure we'd come with the highest recommendation from his old Nightschool pal Lambert.

That chap Lionel Messi would be an excellent signing in the summer as well.

What a stupid suggestion.

Lol

He would, but I find your comment a bit random.

He would, but I find your comment a bit random.

Not really - we're talking about things we'd like but are never going to happen.

There is an acceptance within the club that it is a tough managerial landscape

And then some I'd say. 

And the other part of the problem is, we just aren't an attractive proposition at the moment. We are all fur coat and no knickers. 

On on the face of it you have this grand old club, the very definition of a 'sleeping giant'. A club  which measured by almost any yardstick, is one of the top 6 in the land. Great stadium, big fan base, amazing training facilities. 

Behind that though is a team that has been underfunded (shove your net spend) and a club that has been badly managed for pretty much four years. Now the owner wants out, but no one wants to buy us.

We have a disillusioned fan base who have suffered during that time amidst economic shit storms and rising prices, leading to falling attendances and a greater level of apathy. 

To to top it off, I assume any new man will be under the same financial constraints as Lambert, with £10m a window (if that) and a restriction on wages. Any additional will rely on a growth in income or profit on sale of players. 

Its a tough, tough job and the Prem is cut throat - managers only tend to get one chance, if they **** up, further offers don't come around that often. 

The good young up and coming managers might baulk at the size of the task and experienced candidates may just see it as a poison chalice. 

Poaching someone one currently could prove very difficult imo. 

Can someone explain why Neil Lennon is a terrible choice? I am not being coy here; I genuinely don't understand the revulsion among certain VTers. He seems like he has a very strong record and has played on the big stage. There was one post about 60,000 pages ago where someone called him something along the lines of "the worst human being in the universe" or something equally subtle.

a. he is an asshole

b. he is as defensive as McLeish

c. he is an asshole

d. he is a disciple of MON similar to Lambert

e. he came 2nd in the scottish league 

• Like 1

I wonder how poor the new appointment could do and keep his job next season.

Lets say the new bloke ends the season on 34pts and relegates us - do we sack him - or keep him on ?

It seems likely that said bloke's contract would probably contain contingencies related to this question, right?

And the other part of the problem is, we just aren't an attractive proposition at the moment. We are all fur coat and no knickers. 

I know this is sick and wrong, but that is sounding very attractive indeed to me at this second. 

• Like 1