New manager

reykjavik

didnt Eddie Howe get homesick at Burnley. anyway his record no different than Lambert

You're not using the logic of 'this one time someone did something similar therefore they'd both be exactly the same' are you? :-)

no but id like try something different and go from a clean slate. We are Aston Villa we deserve a manager with a good track record and not a potential hot young prospect

I don't want Eddie Howe (too similar to what Lambert was 3/4 years ago) but I don't think we're an attractive prospect at the moment so it will be hard to get someone that fits that bill.

Put together a package for somebody experienced on a short term basis - until the end of the season . Then search for a younger manager to succeed him in the summer, I think Southgate would be a brilliant appointment.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

no but id like try something different and go from a clean slate. We are Aston Villa we deserve a manager with a good track record and not a potential hot young prospect

I don't want Eddie Howe (too similar to what Lambert was 3/4 years ago) but I don't think we're an attractive prospect at the moment so it will be hard to get someone that fits that bill.

maybe we arent an attractive proposition but any top manager with an ounce of courage or balls would look at us and think they could turn us around,.

The only manager from Championship I would take is McLaren

It is still attractive for the vast majority of managers. It's a Premier League job probably on good money. If we're sold you might get a nice payoff. It's an established Premier League club too so let's not play ourselves down. Plus the self belief of a manager means he'd come in thinking he can turn it around.

I think we need a new manager ASAP. It would immediately lift the club especially the fans. Whether we get some one for the long term or just some one to get through to the summer it doesn't matter we need a fresh face. So in the short term I'd be happy with a Big Ron/ Ian Taylor combo. Even a Sid and Peter Withe. I'm not sure what the Danish League is like but Kent Nielsen is doing a cracking job at Aalborg so I'd try for him.

We just need a lift and it needs to come sooner rather than later.

Do people think that Sid could do the job? or is it just the Ex Player rose coloured glasses?

What about Glenn Hoddle, didn't work at Wolves, but that was ages ago.

In all reality, who is better than Lambert that you would risk our Premiership place on?

is Harry's Knee better yet?

Do people think that Sid could do the job? or is it just the Ex Player rose coloured glasses?

What about Glenn Hoddle, didn't work at Wolves, but that was ages ago.

In all reality, who is better than Lambert that you would risk our Premiership place on?

is Harry's Knee better yet?

Rijkaard would excite fans.