All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

10 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Not sure why it’s confusing. Studio Ghibli make some great films, Ponyo and The Red Turtle are excellent. I’d watch their interpretation of Star Wars if they were ever to make it. 

Sorry, I’m an avid Star Wars fan and movie fan but have never heard of those films you mention or the studio.  I am now informed and will look into it as it might be something I enjoy.  The confusion was more my issue than the concept.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Wow. 

It’s a Japanese animation studio, that looks to have done quite well but not exactly mainstream so why would it be weird that I didn’t know about it?  I’m not a gamer or really into animation films

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s a Japanese animation studio, that looks to have done quite well but not exactly mainstream so why would it be weird that I didn’t know about it?  I’m not a gamer or really into animation films

I think the wow, potentially is because that studio is now part of the mainstream. I have never watched any of their films but am aware of a few titles. This isn’t a Thom Yorke moment at all but they are a very well known studio. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I think the wow, potentially is because that studio is now part of the mainstream. I have never watched any of their films but am aware of a few titles. This isn’t a Thom Yorke moment at all but they are a very well known studio. 

Interesting! Never heard of them and have lived in both Australia and UK for lengths of time and a film buff so would’ve thought I would’ve heard of them.  Maybe I just don’t take notice of the studios doing whatever film I watch.  Never heard of those films either.  Maybe being mid forties I’m old and it’s a young thing given the gaming/animation thing?

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Interesting! Never heard of them and have lived in both Australia and UK for lengths of time and a film buff so would’ve thought I would’ve heard of them.  Maybe I just don’t take notice of the studios doing whatever film I watch.  Never heard of those films either.  Maybe being mid forties I’m old and it’s a young thing given the gaming/animation thing?

Spirited away and Howls moving castle in particular were very popular. I am far from a film buff so I use myself as a yard stick. With regards to those posters, they are very much the style of animation but in no way are the 2 films I mention sci fi or in anyway connected to Star Wars. I would say they would be filed more under a category of weird shit. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Sorry, I’m an avid Star Wars fan and movie fan but have never heard of those films you mention or the studio.  I am now informed and will look into it as it might be something I enjoy.  The confusion was more my issue than the concept.

I only became aware of it because my kids are into it, to be fair. Anime isn’t generally my thing but SG do make some good films. 

• Like 1

Â