What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

29 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

new Jonathan Wilson from his forthcoming album in September.

Reminds me of Arthur Lee’s Love 

Does this guy produce as well? I have a couple of albums produced by a Jonathan Wilson. Also as you say a Love influence on this track. It's very nice. 

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Does this guy produce as well? I have a couple of albums produced by a Jonathan Wilson. Also as you say a Love influence on this track. It's very nice. 

I think he has produced the likes of Angel Olsen and Father John Misty - he is stupidly talented and has his own studios in Laurel Canyon (grrr) 

I like a lot of his stuff. 

On 06/08/2023 at 12:43, useless said:

Nice find.   I didn't know she had worked with Clifford Brown, though it's pretty likely that the "with Clifford Brown" bit was added long after the recording, as he was pretty much unknown in that time frame and he's just one of several horn players trading 4's with her during the scat chorus.

One of my all time favorite jazz vocal pieces with such great vocal control, phrasing and sass, not to mention great work by "Sweets" Edison:

• Like 2

I remember my mom playing this in late 60s and early 70s Los Angeles. Easy listening staple. Always makes me think of her and California. Sunny, dusty, smoggy weather. I heard it yesterday and saw my son stirring from sleep, and I just remembered, how incredible, all those years passed, and this kid is hearing a song his grandmother liked half a century ago and thousands of miles away.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Â