What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

This is THE song I think of whenever I think back to that time and going to the academy. I can almost imagine being at the bar struggling to get served and stepping across the weird sticky floor. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

This is such a phenomenal trip down memory lane - thank you @Ingram85 and @Seat68  :D 

It's quite interesting. I was always into punk, still am to a degree but my daughter didn't get it, but she loved metal and the punk ethic so initially via festivals she found her groove and that was the post hardcore/"emo"/drive thru records route. So as a teen, we drove her to gigs, watched gigs, festivals, the records she would pilfer from me and my wife. Realistically, 2001 to 2006, that would put me at 31 to 36, far too old for those gigs but I pretty much saw just about all of the larger bands of that genre. Loved it. Good to listen to some of them now.

Large in our world at least. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 2

My experience of being the oldest guy at a gig (I was early to mid 30s for **** sake). I went to see The Rocket Summer as I loved his debut album and he was supporting The Ataris in 2004 in Wolves. I went to talk to him whilst a different support was on, Planes Mistaken For Stars, and he assumed seemingly due to my age that I was a drug dealer and if I had weed to sell. I said god no, then he elaborated that I seemed out of place. I was 30 **** 3. 

Anyway. Prompted me to listen to The Ataris and Rocket Summer today. 

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Loved the Woodentops, whilst this isn't their best its still good. Hate the fact that the cover displayed here is for the 12" and not the 7" the  video plays.

I thought the same. I only own the 12. 

• Like 1

Â