Goals (or lack of)

ermie123

As a Lambert player your number one priority has to be defending. This is why as has been said no one runs on forward. They make the pass then shift back into a defensive position, This is something that has been coached into the players, 

With us I have noticed you will never see more than 2 players in the oppositions box awaiting a cross. I see with other teams half the squad wating for the cross in.

Apparently we have the second worst scoring ratio in Europe. I don't want second best. Come on Lambert, I thought you were totally useless, how can you let Hamburg out do you!

Edited by pacbuddies

I think we look less like scoring now, then when Guzan used to boot the ball down the pitch - sad but true.  Im certainly not paying £750 a year to watch the ball being passed sideways at walking pace - has someone told Lambert this is a good idea ?

rome wasnt built in a day. We have only started play that way in about last 6 games

I think we look less like scoring now, then when Guzan used to boot the ball down the pitch - sad but true.  Im certainly not paying £750 a year to watch the ball being passed sideways at walking pace - has someone told Lambert this is a good idea ?

rome wasnt built in a day. We have only started play that way in about last 6 games

Remind me how long the manager's been here for? 

Remind me how long the manager's been here for? 

About a day, apparently.  ;) 

• Like 1

It would have been, if we had a proper manager on the job.

I just can't see what's so difficult about telling the players to move more and to offer more passing opportunities to the rest of the team. We have got to be the most inflexible and static team I've ever seen. Yes it's improving, but it really, really shouldn't have taken this long to work out the problems. 

That and a total lack of creativity in the side... 

I keep repeating this!  Anyone else watched our defending at corners?  We have everybody behind the ball and nobody up the pitch and as far as my limited football brain understands "the more you behind the more they forward and vice versa!

I just can't see what's so difficult about telling the players to move more and to offer more passing opportunities to the rest of the team. We have got to be the most inflexible and static team I've ever seen. Yes it's improving, but it really, really shouldn't have taken this long to work out the problems. 

this management is really so easy isnt it ;) We have had this movement problem for a long time not something that happened under Lambert

this management is really so easy isnt it ;) We have had this movement problem for a long time not something that happened under Lambert

True, which is why I'd prefer to go for a more continental style manager after Lambert. No one seems to be able to come in and sort out one of the most basic of footballing concepts.

Liverpool were singing about it in the mid 90s for crying out loud.

Edited by Ginko

I think its a cultural thing though, need to be trained to pass and move from a young age. Not just Villa its rare to see many British trained players do this same with national team not just England but Ireland and some Scandinavian teams as well, not all the players but a lot of them dont move

Â