Paul Lambert

limpid

We are main story of talksport drive time

This is all positive. The media are dumbfounded as to how Lambert still has a job. The vultures are circling.
  • Like 2

He started at 7/4 before last nights game and went to 5/4 after it, 12 hours later hes 1/3 and pearson has gone from 1/3 out to 3/1 in some places.

That is more than just fan money.

No it isn't. Given the possibility of "insider trading" in the manager markets (*Cough* Redknapp *Cough*) bookies change the odds at the drop of a hat and won't take any big bets on those markets.

Why would your average punter be putting money on Lambert to be sacked at evens or shorter?

I'm not necessarily saying this is insider money but once a manger goes to 1/3 to be sacked things are definitely at boiling point. Pearson was 1/3 a couple of days after he had reportedly already been sacked!

If he was going to be sacked based on losing to Hull then the club would have announced his removal by now. I think that all that's left to do is to hope that Lambert and the team can turn things around. I doubt losing to Leicester will make any difference to Randy's thinking either.

Why do people care so much about the personality of the Manager? it's not as if it's the WWE or something.

Could have something to do with us being humans. Him being a human and the majority pf us thinking he is a decent one outside pf football?????

Why do people care so much about the personality of the Manager? it's not as if it's the WWE or something.

Could have something to do with us being humans. Him being a human and the majority pf us thinking he is a decent one outside pf football?????

You just couldn't re-iterate that enough, could you? ;)

Yeah here is the article..

In the wake of another humiliation, The Birmingham Mail is backing the fans in calling for a new broom at Villa Park

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-mail-says---aston-8624784

Why a new broom? You don't sweep shit, you shovel it!

This is all positive. The media are dumbfounded as to how Lambert still has a job. The vultures are circling.

I'm not as blood thirsty as some.  For me his demise is really bad news,  and it should be for all of us if we think about it.  

• Like 4

If he was going to be sacked based on losing to Hull then the club would have announced his removal by now. I think that all that's left to do is to hope that Lambert and the team can turn things around. I doubt losing to Leicester will make any difference to Randy's thinking either.

That's not necessarily true. It's two weeks until our next important game. Lerner and Fox can afford to not make a rash decision for a few days at least. They may have decided that enough is enough last night but still want Lambert working with the players each day until they've identified a new manager. Sacking him with absolutely no plan and where to go next would be even more chaotic, particularly as there's not even an assistant manager to steady the ship for a while.

You just couldn't re-iterate that enough, could you? ;)

Just to set the record straight, I know we're all human.

I was actually talking about Tim Sherwood and those questioning his credentials as a potential VIlla manager based on his personality.

I'm not as blood thirsty as some.  For me his demise is really bad news,  and it should be for all of us if we think about it.

It's a positive because IMO the only way we stay up at this point is with a new manager. I have no ill-will towards Lambert but the sooner we have a new manager the better for the club. More than most I hate that it hasn't worked out for him, but it hasn't. We may still go down with someone else in charge, but we'll have given ourselves a chance. He is not the biggest problem at the club, but his is a problem we can at least address in the short term. We can only hope the bigger one will resolve in the summer. My wording wasn't meant to come across as relishing his demise. Just that the sooner the page is turned the best for all involved. Lambert won't go hungry in all of this either.
  • Like 1

I'm not as blood thirsty as some. For me his demise is really bad news, and it should be for all of us if we think about it.

It is, but the demise had happened and we need to face the consequences as soon as possible. I, personally, am not a one for sitting around crying tears of sentimentality.

He has failed, that is life. Oh well. WE go again.

He is not the biggest problem

That's what I said. For me Lerner is the biggest problem. He's the reason we are where we are and while he remains here the next person to manage us will probably fail in the same way that Lambert has. But in the interim we must do our utmost to preserve our Premier League status by hook or by 'arry Redknapp (that's a joke btw and not a managerial suggestion).
  • Like 3

He is not the biggest problem , the biggest problem will be picking the next fall guy

True. Time for Fox to show talent perhaps.

Fall guy or not, the situation is what it is. Lerner will certainly not be here forever, so grin and bear it we must. Preferably in the premier league.

• Like 2

Â