Paul Lambert

limpid

You sure about that? Please don't make me look up number of games played by our centre halves during past 3 seasons in relation to games played by the team.

I will if I must though ;)

Games not played doesn't equate to games out injured.

Vlaar wasn't out for anything close to half of the season in the past two seasons and neither has Baker. The two are injury-prone yes but saying they spend half the season injured is simply wrong.

I don't know about Senderos as I didn't follow him at Fulham but again, appearances aren't really that helpful in determining how often a player has been injured.

Ok half a season may be an exaggeration but they still miss to many games. Anyway Vlaar's back now and I bet you as long he stays fit our fortunes will improve. Fans will say it's a coincidence as the issue is scoring goals but they will start to come.

We'll be fine as long as he stays fit ideally along aside Okore. I like Clark but he is always prone to a lapse in concentration or poor positioning which results in us conceding a goal. Fine margins and all.

Anyway Better get back to work now.

You sure about that? Please don't make me look up number of games played by our centre halves during past 3 seasons in relation to games played by the team.

I will if I must though ;)

Games not played doesn't equate to games out injured.

Vlaar wasn't out for anything close to half of the season in the past two seasons and neither has Baker. The two are injury-prone yes but saying they spend half the season injured is simply wrong.

I don't know about Senderos as I didn't follow him at Fulham but again, appearances aren't really that helpful in determining how often a player has been injured.

Ok half a season may be an exaggeration but they still miss to many games. Anyway Vlaar's back now and I bet you as long he stays fit our fortunes will improve. Fans will say it's a coincidence as the issue is scoring goals but they will start to come.

We'll be fine as long as he stays fit ideally along aside Okore. I like Clark but he is always prone to a lapse in concentration or poor positioning which results in us conceding a goal. Fine margins and all.

Anyway Better get back to work now.

They've missed a few but half is a massive exaggeration. There's not been many points this season where they've all been out injured.

Isn't the fact that, despite Vlaar Baker and Senderos all having fairly long term injuries this season plus Okore having only just returned from a long term injury, we've had 2 centrebacks available for every game who have pretty much always performed to a decent standard, testament to Lambert having gotten our centrebacks pretty much spot on?

Or am I being too generous?

• Like 4

As bad as his form has been recently if we had ten Christian Bentekes in the side we'd have nothing to worry about. Hope he can get back to his old self, starting later today.

That's possibly the most bizarre comment I've read in a while.  If we had ten Christian Bentekes. we'd be on zero points.

• Like 2

As bad as his form has been recently if we had ten Christian Bentekes in the side we'd have nothing to worry about. Hope he can get back to his old self, starting later today.

We would literally lose every game about 20-0 if we fielded 10 Bentekes. 

Luck doesn't come into it. We are where we deserve to be, and that's just above the relegation spots. We're shite, but not as shite as the other teams below us.

I saw a table yesterday which showed our form since the new contract, we are the worst team in the league. Thank god for the 'luck' in the first four games, otherwise we'd be bottom.
"Luckily" the season started in August.

That bloody Lambert. So lucky, even the calendar is on his side!

Unusual sarcasm from you there mate.

The use of the word "luck" gets on my tits.

As usual it's the negative people saying we're lucky to win games, and the positive people claiming we're unlucky to lose games.

it's bollocks. At the end of the season you end up where you deserve to be. If you go down you can't blame luck. You're shit. If you stay up then you deserve to stay up. We've deserved to stay up the last couple of seasons. That's no great compliment to the team or to Lambert. We've been slightly less crap than 3 other teams.

When people start banding "luck" around it undermines their credibility. It seems that plenty of people are demanding stats and "detailed justification" to back up opinions (especially positive ones). Yet people then start throwing luck into the equation as a stick to beat Lambert with.

it's utter nonsense.

Same goes for those banding the 'unlucky' tag then, which may I add, I didn't see you reply to with sarcasm. There must be a reason why!

Edited by DK82

If we had ten Bentekes judging him on his overall VIlla career we'd be more likely challenging for Champions League rather than conceding twenty goals every game or being on zero points.

Stop digging!

Who'd win a fight of out ten Bentekes and one polar bear?

• Like 2

Luck doesn't come into it. We are where we deserve to be, and that's just above the relegation spots. We're shite, but not as shite as the other teams below us.

I saw a table yesterday which showed our form since the new contract, we are the worst team in the league. Thank god for the 'luck' in the first four games, otherwise we'd be bottom.

As usual it's the negative people saying we're lucky to win games, and the positive people claiming we're unlucky to lose games.

it's bollocks. At the end of the season you end up where you deserve to be. If you go down you can't blame luck. You're shit. If you stay up then you deserve to stay up. We've deserved to stay up the last couple of seasons. That's no great compliment to the team or to Lambert. We've been slightly less crap than 3 other teams.

When people start banding "luck" around it undermines their credibility. It seems that plenty of people are demanding stats and "detailed justification" to back up opinions (especially positive ones). Yet people then start throwing luck into the equation as a stick to beat Lambert with.

it's utter nonsense.

Same goes for those banding the 'unlucky' tag then, which may I add, I didn't see you reply to with sarcasm. There must be a reason why!

I commented on the posts I saw. I can't see any today that claim we're unlucky. But if there are then what I've already written applies:

it's bollocks. At the end of the season you end up where you deserve to be. If you go down you can't blame luck.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

it's utter nonsense.

it's bollocks. At the end of the season you end up where you deserve to be. If you go down you can't blame luck.

tbh mate, I didn't read what you said after the sarcasm. I expected more of it. Calm down on that and i'd have probably given time to what you said.

If we had ten Bentekes judging him on his overall VIlla career we'd be more likely challenging for Champions League rather than conceding twenty goals every game or being on zero points.

Stop digging!

Maybe the ten Bentekes would restrain the animal in the end, but it wouldn't be worth it given the amount of damage the Polar Bear could do and I'm sure there would be a few fatalities. I don't know if there would be any real winner.

Maybe, I mean that if we had ten players as good at their position, as Benteke is as a striker, then we'd be a decent side. Although I think people would be surprised at how good CB would be if you asked him to play another position and he put his mind to it.

Edited by useless

Stop digging!

Maybe the ten Bentekes would retrain the animal in the end, but it wouldn't be worth it given the amount of damage the Polar Bear could do and I'm sure there would be a few fatalities. I don't if there would be any real winner.

Maybe I mean that if we had ten players as good at their position, as Benteke is as a striker, then we'd be a decent side. Although I think people would be surprised at how good CB would be if you asked him to play another position and he put his mind to it.

ulgglglglgughlgh.gif

It might wreck them, but the ten Benteke's could do an whole lot of damage too , it doesn't bear thinking about,  hopefully it never ever ever comes to anything like that.

Ten Bentekes with bare hands would do very little damage to a Polar Bear. The **** can weigh up to 700kg and smash through 6 feet of ice!! The Bentekes would be too lazy to even run away!

Â