Paul Lambert

limpid

Man City are currently losing to Middlesbrough..... There's another reason that Lambert shouldn't have beaten Millwall, Sheffield or Bradford over 2 legs.

:D

Chelsea 2-0 Bradford...

...to Chelsea 2-2 Bradford!

to Chelsea 2-3 Bradford! :D

How much money did Bradford spend?

I thought only lambert struggled against Bradford seems it is us arsenal and Chelsea.!!!

The problem is Lambert struggles against nearly all teams for 2 and a half years. Some act like losing to a lower league team once was the only bad thing we've seen under him.

Proves cup games are not easy for anyone be they the best or the worst in the premier league

They're usually fairly easy for the lower league team playing an Aston Villa side managed by Lambert.  Shocks happen from time to time, but our record against lower division sides is appalling.

• Like 1

Man City are currently losing to Middlesbrough..... There's another reason that Lambert shouldn't have beaten Millwall, Sheffield or Bradford over 2 legs.

:D

Chelsea 2-0 Bradford...

...to Chelsea 2-2 Bradford!

Yesterday: Oh Lambert doesn't have enough money, you need money to beat teams.

Today: Look! Look! Other teams lose games (against teams with no money).

Moral of the story. Don't blame money for the ineptness of the current manager.

Pathetic :D

• Like 1

I thought only lambert struggled against Bradford seems it is us arsenal and Chelsea.!!!

The problem is Lambert struggles against nearly all teams for 2 and a half years. Some act like losing to a lower league team once was the only bad thing we've seen under him.

They really don't

Some DO act as if losing to a lower league team is an instantly sackable offence, though.  The amount of times it's mentioned is insane.

• Like 2

I pointed out that lambert is not the only one that loses to lower league teams. S***t happens and it has again. As you know I'm neither pro or anti lambert but I hope it's ok to point out when every time someone mentions our record against Bradford that it is ok to point out that it's not just us and also that we've lost with better managers on more than one occasion and it's nothing new!

So teams beating other teams despite spending less money. West brom and palace continue to win even though all they've done is change the manager.

This is not the sport I read on here all the time.

Welp, Chelsea and Man City have been knocked out by lower league opponents. Mourinho/Pellegrini out?

Why would anyone want them out just for that?

• Like 1

So teams beating other teams despite spending less money. West brom and palace continue to win even though all they've done is change the manager.

Welp, Chelsea and Man City have been knocked out by lower league opponents. Mourinho/Pellegrini out?

City got knocked out by Wigan last year and lost the final to them the year before...

A decent manager needs to be hired to get a change in fortune, both Pardew and Pulis are, Sadly even if Lambert goes we wont get that decent manager.

They really don't

Some DO act as if losing to a lower league team is an instantly sackable offence, though. The amount of times it's mentioned is insane.

Who? I doubt many have put that soley as the reason for him to be sacked. It's the consistently losing to lower league teams combined with what's happened in the league.

And Swansea!

My comment was based on all the hyperbole I've read about the apocalypse to ensue if we lose to Bournemouth, it's a cup competition ffs, ANYTHING is possible,

• Like 1

My comment was based on all the hyperbole I've read about the apocalypse to ensue if we lose to Bournemouth, it's a cup competition ffs, ANYTHING is possible,

But no one is just focusing on a cup game. It would be the combination of losing in the cup after picking up just 12 points from the last 18 games.

Its not hyperbole over potentially one match, its a culmination of a terrible period since Lambert joined.

• Like 1

A decent manager needs to be hired to get a change in fortune, both Pardew and Pulis are, Sadly even if Lambert goes we wont get that decent manager.

Both of those have had times when they were viewed as crap. Pardew by his own Newcastle fans and Pulis by a huge number of Villa fans. They may very well be decent managers, in fact I agree that they are, but even they would have to really hit the ground running or be just as unpopular as Lambert is at the moment.

City got knocked out by Wigan last year and lost the final to them the year before...

Man City also win the league last year.

I think many could accept (although not be happy about) under performing in the cups if weren't serving up consistently poor results in the league for a large period of time.

Yes it's always happened and always will. That is cup football. It won't be the first nor last time we lose and I can 100% guarantee that even the next villa manager (if and when there is one) will lose to a lower team.

Yes it's always happened and always will. That is cup football. It won't be the first nor last time we lose and I can 100% guarantee that even the next villa manager (if and when there is one) will lose to a lower team.

• Like 1

In fact looking forward to the match tomorrow win lose or draw. Gonna be a good match me thinks and hopefully the fans can play their part and hope villa turn up (well at least the one the one that turned up when Gil came on and showed a bit of desire)

Â