Paul Lambert

limpid

Couldn't really see any game plan after Richardson got sent off. We were very panicky in extra time also, was a little late to decide to start attacking, I mean they were hardly threatning and couldn't finish, we should definately have pushed forward alot earlier.

• Like 1

Certainly, we've changed our style of play. Unfortunately, we don't have midfielders creative enough to make use of possession, nor to we have attackers good enough to supply Benteke.

A change in the right direction, but one that probably should have happened over summer when there was time to get the right players in.

Who do you think signed these players? He's got a creative player in Grealish on the bench who he won't play and instead goes with Weimann.

Sorry but he's been here ages. If we aren't creating anything then that's the managers fault. 

• Like 3

Certainly, we've changed our style of play. Unfortunately, we don't have midfielders creative enough to make use of possession, nor to we have attackers good enough to supply Benteke.

A change in the right direction, but one that probably should have happened over summer when there was time to get the right players in.

Who do you think signed these players? He's got a creative player in Grealish on the bench who he won't play and instead goes with Weimann.

Sorry but he's been here ages. If we aren't creating anything then that's the managers fault.

Lamberts under the illusion we have creative players but the stats are awful. Give Benteke service and he'll score. Koeman gave an 18 yo his full,debut away to Burnley where as Lambert is unwilling to give Grealish a start. He brings Robinson back from loan where he was doing really well and never used him and he'll now end up playing u21 football again. If we was creating loads I'd understand but we aren't. If you don't pick an attacker because of his defensive abilities something's wrong!

• Like 1

Gabby - Benteke - Weimann

Cleverly - Sanchez - Delph

Cissokho - Clark - Okore - Hutton

we will return to the above vs Manure, we'll lose as three central midfielders and Weimann playing in defence won't get us results, but at least with that team we could snatch a goal.

We haven't bought Cleverley from Man Utd - he's on loan. He can't play against his parent club.

Gabby - Benteke - Weimann

Cleverly - Sanchez - Delph

Cissokho - Clark - Okore - Hutton

we will return to the above vs Manure, we'll lose as three central midfielders and Weimann playing in defence won't get us results, but at least with that team we could snatch a goal.

I think with todays subs we will see Vlaar back in the starting 11 - prob for okore.

Just to be clear thats not what i would do, just what i think lambert will.

I think he will go with:

Guzan

Hutton. Vlaar. Clarke. Cissokho.

Sanchez. Cleverly. Delph. (All playing DM)

N'Zogbia. Agbonlahor. Weimann

Benteke

I would go

Guzan

Hutton. Okore. Clarke. Cissokho

Sanchez

Bacuna. Delph. Cleverley

Weimann

Benteke

We will go to hold on and maybe nick a goal...........

Again, We haven't bought Cleverley from Man Utd, so he can't play the next game. Also, no matter how dumb you think Lambert is, there's no way he'd play 12 players including an ineligible player. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Lamberts under the illusion we have creative players but the stats are awful. Give Benteke service and he'll score. Koeman gave an 18 yo his full,debut away to Burnley where as Lambert is unwilling to give Grealish a start. He brings Robinson back from loan where he was doing really well and never used him and he'll now end up playing u21 football again. If we was creating loads I'd understand but we aren't. If you don't pick an attacker because of his defensive abilities something's wrong!

The same one that was tackled horrifically, got injured, and was in tears on the bench?

• Like 2

Lordy so with suspensions, loan rules and injuries we only have one fit midfielder (Sanchez) and one almost fit midfielder (Delph) vs Manure, that is pretty rubbish.

I guess both Bacuna and Lowton will come into it

Well the last time we played United with a badly patched up midfield was under Houllier when we nearly beat them (Jonathan Hogg anyone?) So let's hope history repeats itself- this time for a win.

The same one that was tackled horrifically, got injured, and was in tears on the bench?

They also lost the game. Lambert got slated for only drawing with Burnley yet Koeman is praised even though they lost, with a stronger squad.

• Like 4

With Delph coming back - and let's pretend for a moment that we have everyone uninjured and not suspended - Lambert will have a decision to make about reshaping the midfield. If we have Delph as the attacking option and we agree (as most now do) that Sanchez has become essential in relieving pressure from the defence, does Lambert discard the three-in-the-middle formation or does he drop either Westwood or Cleverly? It'll be interesting to see if he has the gumption to drop a loaned-in Man U player.

With Delph coming back - and let's pretend for a moment that we have everyone uninjured and not suspended - Lambert will have a decision to make about reshaping the midfield. If we have Delph as the attacking option and we agree (as most now do) that Sanchez has become essential in relieving pressure from the defence, does Lambert discard the three-in-the-middle formation or does he drop either Westwood or Cleverly? It'll be interesting to see if he has the gumption to drop a loaned-in Man U player.

There is rarely a plan B with Lambert so have a guess what he does??? 

No one asked for 70 minutes attacking against a shit West Brom team. But maybe the last 20 minutes at least when we were losing anyway would not have been a problem, the only attacking I saw was the last bit of extra time. Lambert is so scared of losing by big scores im sure, but West Brom was not the team to score 4-5 past us.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 3

2 wins out of the last 12 under Lambert (a lucky win vs Palace and a decent win vs the bottom club Leicester).

Soon to be, in my opinion, 2 wins in 13 games after we fail to beat Man U again.

Lambert out.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

Looking like there will be barely any progress come the half way point. I'm thinking 21/22 points which puts us on course for similar to what he got 2 years ago.

Be nice to beat Swansea and Sunderland but can't see it.

We also need to score another 20 goals to survive IMO. Our goal scoring rate needs to pick up big time if we want to be away from a relegation battle by the end of the year.

2 wins out of the last 12 under Lambert (a lucky win vs Palace and a decent win vs the bottom club Leicester).

Soon to be, in my opinion, 2 wins in 13 games after we fail to beat Man U again.

Lambert out.

But can't you see the improvement????

Yeah Richarson got sent off. You may not be able to win the game after that, but surely we could have controlled a shit West Brom team with 10 men. Lambert shit his pants when Berahino came on! They doubled our shots on/off target but we had 51% possession shouts a defensive set up to me. Ohh But wait till Benteke comes back????

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

Â