Paul Lambert

limpid

All I've left to say on the subject of the manager is that I realise his shortcomings and have been extremely frustrated with alot of things he has done in his time with us. He was by no means the finished article when he took us over and I'm sure he has lerned alot through his time here but maybe hasn't learned enough and maybe never will to be able to get this team finishing higher up the table than 15th but I also realise that many other managers would of had us down by now under the restrictions set in place by Lerner, I'd be fairly sure that OGS would of relegated us in his first season just as an example. I'm prepared to wait til January to see if he can sort it out as a last chance from my point of view. I don't see any good way out of our current situation with Lerner in charge and it's all smoke and mirrors with him and very little genuine ambition which in turn affects the team and restricts any manager who takes the job.

Do you give Lambert the next transfer window? I want gone ASAP so a new bloke can be settled by then. Under Lambert I think we'll scrape survival but that's not good enough. I'd rather we got some one in who united the fans and club again. The feel good factor is non existent. I'm dreading going the game Monday and that can't be right! The dwindling crowds and crap atmosphere shows the apathy that's running through the club. If we lose the next 2 Lambert has his ready made excuses but what excuses the last 2 seasons crap football.

Edited by dn1982

All I've left to say on the subject of the manager is that I realise his shortcomings and have been extremely frustrated with alot of things he has done in his time with us. He was by no means the finished article when he took us over and I'm sure he has lerned alot through his time here but maybe hasn't learned enough and maybe never will to be able to get this team finishing higher up the table than 15th but I also realise that many other managers would of had us down by now under the restrictions set in place by Lerner, I'd be fairly sure that OGS would of relegated us in his first season just as an example. I'm prepared to wait til January to see if he can sort it out as a last chance from my point of view. I don't see any good way out of our current situation with Lerner in charge and it's all smoke and mirrors with him and very little genuine ambition which in turn affects the team and restricts any manager who takes the job.

100% sums up everything i believe. Not going to post on this thread anymore as it just goes round in circles apart from reposting this every few day. :)

Nice to see the excuse merchants are still out, there's always an excuse isn't there?

Well, I don't know exactly who is being referred to here, but from my perspective I'm willing to give the manager the opportunity to win some of the easier games that we have coming up. I think that's fair enough. If we're still in this position at the end of the year there will be no more excuses.
I suppose Burnley is no longer an easy game. Who is left that is?

The current Aston Villa do not have any "easy" games. A sad fact.

Not to detract from our current state but have there ever been "easy" games?

We're shit this season, undoubtedly. We've been pretty shit under Lambert full stop. But let's not confuse ourselves with Manchester United. Even during our best years we've always done it the hard way.

Think about 92/93, losing to Oldham.

Nice to see the excuse merchants are still out, there's always an excuse isn't there?

Well, I don't know exactly who is being referred to here, but from my perspective I'm willing to give the manager the opportunity to win some of the easier games that we have coming up. I think that's fair enough. If we're still in this position at the end of the year there will be no more excuses.
I suppose Burnley is no longer an easy game. Who is left that is?
The current Aston Villa do not have any "easy" games. A sad fact.

Not to detract from our current state but have there ever been "easy" games?

We're shit this season, undoubtedly. We've been pretty shit under Lambert full stop. But let's not confuse ourselves with Manchester United. Even during our best years we've always done it the hard way.

Think about 92/93, losing to Oldham.

I went to the away fixture drawn 1-1 Uhhhh Ian Olney put them one up before Dalian Atkinson scored late on.

Monday will be his 100th game in charge. Can anyone honestly say there's been much improvement from his 1st?

Categorically no.

And that pretty much says it all.

There was for a bit, up until about a third of the way through last season there had been a slow and fluctuating, but increasing, average points return, and on the more subjective issue of performances most would agree there was some progress towards ttthe end of season one, and a few good ones in the first half of season two.

But since then - at best - sadly, nothing.

• Like 1

He's a very very lucky guy. No other manager would survive his form in the premiership, this is what frustrates me about his supporters, like he is due more time because we are a shite Villa!!!!

I think if he got sacked this time last year no one would be missing him. Ok maybe 1 or 2

What has happened with Pardew and Newcastle which Lambert and Villa seem to be incapable of doing.

We were all lolling at Newcastle and pardew new monster contract. They had what no wins in 15? Now they've won 5 in a row.

I can't see Lambert digging out that form before the new year.

I can't work out what Newcastle have done to turn equally dire form around to a great run

What has happened with Pardew and Newcastle which Lambert and Villa seem to be incapable of doing.

We were all lolling at Newcastle and pardew new monster contract. They had what no wins in 15? Now they've won 5 in a row.

I can't see Lambert digging out that form before the new year.

I can't work out what Newcastle have done to turn equally dire form around to a great run

It's a confidence thing, mainly.  We had a similar run at the back end of the season 2 years ago (not quite as many wins in a row, of course).

I can't see us doing that at the moment - especially whilst Benteke is banned - but it does show how quickly football can change.

In the time he has been here, we have NEVER won three on the trot, even times when we have won two on the bounce are very few and far between.

There should be no expectation that he is capable of going on a Newcastle type run, because he just does not have that capability.

In the time he has been here, we have NEVER won three on the trot, even times when we have won two on the bounce are very few and far between.

There should be no expectation that he is capable of going on a Newcastle type run, because he just does not have that capability.

Thats absolutely shocking if true!!!

Said Newcastle fans about Pardew, too.

Thats absolutely shocking if true!!!

Why is it "absolutely shocking"?  Winning three on the trot doesn't happen often for most teams.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, our good form at the end of his first season came with a different approach in formation and the way we were playing. Confidence came from the initial improvement in play. Unfortunately at the moment we don't seem to have any other plan to play so its unlikely we're going to see a big improvement which will then boost confidence of players.

Â