Paul Lambert

limpid

Lowest league attendance for years on Monday will start the death knell for Lambert if we lose.

You may or may not be right, but there's no reason why a death knell should start after a loss to Southampton.

They are second in the league, and we are without our best two strikers, our best midfielder and our best four defenders. What's left wouldn't sell for much more than 25 million total.

• Like 1

At least we have Tom Fox to have some input on a new manager this time, not some ex customer services manager in Paul Faulkner.

I'm pretty sure Lambert could and would tell TF where to get off if he tried to provide "input". He's the CEO, so he runs the company. Lambert runs the football team.

At least we have Tom Fox to have some input on a new manager this time, not some ex customer services manager in Paul Faulkner.

I'm pretty sure Lambert could and would tell TF where to get off if he tried to provide "input". He's the CEO, so he runs the company. Lambert runs the football team.

I think he's on about giving input to lerner when looking for a replacement.

Pretty sure Lambert would not be involved in the process of finding his replacement

Lowest league attendance for years on Monday will start the death knell for Lambert if we lose.

You may or may not be right, but there's no reason why a death knell should start after a loss to Southampton.

They are second in the league, and we are without our best two strikers, our best midfielder and our best four defenders. What's left wouldn't sell for much more than 25 million total.

I fully respect what you are saying but I have a problem with posts like this. It takes games and puts them into isolation and provides an excuse for defeat.

Of course defeat to Southampton who are in good form and sit second would not in isolation be a bad result. Certainly with the injuries that you mention.

However you take it out of isolation and if we do indeed lose on Monday that will be 7 defeats in our last 8 games. 1 point from a possible 24. If we failed to score, as is quite possible, that would be 1 goal in 8 games.

There is also a flip side to this off course. We played an out of sorts Everton a few weeks ago who were at the time below us in the league. We lost and produced a piss poor performance however I saw posts on here saying put it in perspective this was Everton who finished 5th last season. We played poorly and drew to West Ham who were dire last season and I saw posts on here saying put it in perspective this is West Ham who are in good form this season. We lost to QPR who were bottom of the league and I saw posts on here saying QPR were lucky they had two decent shots and scored.

The trouble you see with putting games in isolation is that I guess you could always make an argument or excuses for an individual defeat. That the opposing side were in great form, that we had x,y and z player out injured or suspended, had so and so put that gift of a chance away or not made that error then the result would have been different, had the ref not sent so and so off or given that penalty. The list is endless.

However there comes a point where you have to step back and look at the bigger picture. That tells us that during Lambert's tenure that results have been poor and we have pretty much for all of it found ourselves battling relegation. That during his time in the main performances have been absolutely dire. That our defending has frequently been shambolic. That we fail to create chances, that we fail to convert chances when we do create them, that we can't seem to retain possession beyond a handful of passes and that when the chips are down and we go behind we lack the character and bottle to roll our sleeves up and fight to get back into a game.

Your right injuries and the form of the opposition will play a part in individual games. However they can't excuse the fact despite spending 40 odd mill, a big turnover in players and changes to coaching staff that we have made zero improvement since Lambert arrived.

I know what you're saying, sooner or later we need to perform slightly better than expected, instead of the same or worse. But I'd argue that to dismiss the injuries is to look at the smaller picture, rather than the bigger one, in a way. It's a very real handicap on how the side is going to perform.

Doesn't the Tadic story tell you enough about the real rotten core of the club? Lerner needs to shit or get off the pot - and maybe both - he's running the club in the ground.

I think we all agree lerner is the maim issue. Lambert's not doing enough though.

Hi All,

My first post so here goes.

There's 2 sides to every story, so those of you justifying your support or dissatisfaction with Paul Lambert are both understandable.

However, I'd like to look at it this way.

If everything just carries on as it is, we'll be down sooner or later.

THINGS MUST CHANGE if we are to survive and improve as a club.

1) The situation is such that RL wants to sell and is limiting what he can/will do regarding the finances (transfers/wages) of the club.

2) The Management and coaches cannot get enough out of what we have in the squad to have a relegation-threatened-free season.

3) The players appear to be able to beat teams in a better state than us sometimes then lose to other teams who could be described as being "teams we need to beat to survive".

Something HAS to change.

The owner? Well he tried to sell but couldn't. Current status not 100% clear. Doesn't look to be happening sometime soon.

The players? We have what we have and that seems to be enough (sometimes). Maybe they could do better more often under better leadership?

The Manager? igoring the constraints, circumstances and records set. Results are what matters. The table doesn't lie and never will.

Which change COULD have an effect?

Owner? yes but not happening

Players? yes but not happening this transfer window (or the next........)

Manager? YES and other clubs have proved it (but some went down anyway)

I believe there's an arguement for a change in Manager as well as trying to see it through without a change.

But if I'm honest

We're Fooked without a change and I'd rather risk the inevitable for the inevitable anyway.

Grasshopper

• Like 3

Pretty sure Lambert would not be involved in the process of finding his replacement

Christ, don't give Randy any ideas.

Kind of agree. Lambert has a freebie here to go and attack without much stick if we lose. if we do lose, Burnley is the biggest match of his managerial career. 

Your losing further credibility with a answer like that, undeniabley in denial

Â