Paul Lambert

limpid

Was everyon critical of the double substitution not watching the match thread. Strong approval of the move from VT in real time....

I was at the game, seemed odd to me. But then we didn't really have any other options on the bench so it was understandable. 

I don't understand why we can't have a conversation about why we can't string a few passes together without it being seen as moaning or having a dig at the manager.

I think 3 years in its fair enough to voice concerns over issues that have been evident from day 1.

It's got the potential to get better but its a definite concern.

I don't understand why we can't have a conversation about why we can't string a few passes together without it being seen as moaning or having a dig at the manager.

I think 3 years in its fair enough to voice concerns over issues that have been evident from day 1.

Apparently it's not an issue because we are playing top 6 teams and we have not been relegated yet.

I'm genuinely interested to know what the issue is with keeping the ball and why we can't do it.

Apparently it's not an issue because we are playing top 6 teams and we have not been relegated yet.

Well that's not true.

Well that's not true.

Of course it's not but there are some fans that do not seem to think it's worthy of discussion.

I'm genuinely interested to know what the issue is with keeping the ball and why we can't do it.

Our wins against Stoke, Newcastle, Hull and Liverpool all came with us having less possession. If we can win games without needing the ball as much as the opponent, why is it an issue? Or is it more to do with how "entertaining" we play?

You have to remember that possession is only calculated by time, literally how long a team has the ball for. Right now Chelsea are dominating against Arsenal, I'm sure anybody watching would agree. However, they have actually had less possession than Arsenal.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

absolutely fair point. There is no problem in having belief in the manager, but so often that belief emanates from an excuse for poor play or yet another defeat. His tenure as villa boss we gave heard..... Its lerners fault .... Wait until we get okore back ..... We are playing the top six........ We are not bothered with the cup.....its huttons fault..... Its mcleish fault.... Benteke / vlaar is injured wait until they get back ..... Etc etc etc.

At what point does lambert and his quite bizarre boring football philosophy actually come for some accountability and scrutiny?

The evidence to show that lambert is positive for Villa diminishes all of the time, its a shame, a real shame because i had high hopes for him, but seeing the way the club runs from a football side of things seems to indicate that he is not up for this job.

• Like 1

Our wins against Stoke, Newcastle, Hull and Liverpool all came with us having less possession. If we can win games without needing the ball as much as the opponent, why is it an issue? Or is it more to do with how "entertaining" we play?

It's an issue because Premier League players should be capable of keeping the ball. Let's see how many points we pick up this season when our possession is less than 40% in a game. Will be interesting reading.

I'm so confused, what has Lambert done wrong so far this season?

I think people who have concerns are basing them on the last two years. While it's been a solid start there are issues that are still there from last season.

It's an issue because Premier League players should be capable of keeping the ball. Let's see how many points we pick up this season when our possession is less than 40% in a game. Will be interesting reading.

Why?

Win vs Stoke 38%

Draw vs Newcastle 40%

Win vs Hull 45%

Win vs Liverpool 26% 

You don't need to have spent more time with the football during 90 minutes than the opponent to win a football game, we have shown so far this season that we can win games with less possession, hence why I do not understand why there is an issue with it so far this season.

• Like 2

You have to remember that possession is only calculated by time, literally how long a team has the ball for. Right now Chelsea are dominating against Arsenal, I'm sure anybody watching would agree. However, they have actually had less possession than Arsenal.

I may be wrong but over a season I'd imagine teams that keep the ball well tend to finish higher in the league.

I'm so confused, what has Lambert done wrong so far this season?

I think people who have concerns are basing them on the last two years. While it's been a solid start there are issues that are still there from last season.

There will always be issues that are still there, but we've also improved a great deal, especially when we do not have possession. This is shown by our current league standing and the points on the board.

However, we are only 7 games into the season and 4 of those games were against the top 4 of last season, so we should surely wait out until any verdict is made for good or bad.

Â