Paul Lambert

limpid

What's Lambert done to make him considered a better manager than Bruce?

I'll ask you the same question as I posed poster Dukes.

Would you take Bruce over Lambert as Villa Manager?

Again respectfully I also suggest you have a good think before giving us your answer.

This is the thing that worries me about Lambert getting sacked. Who else would we get….. and no i wouldn't take Bruce. 

What's Lambert done to make him considered a better manager than Bruce?

I'll ask you the same question as I posed poster Dukes.

Would you take Bruce over Lambert as Villa Manager?

Again respectfully I also suggest you have a good think before giving us your answer.

This is the thing that worries me about Lambert getting sacked. Who else would we get….. and no i wouldn't take Bruce. 

Id take Moyes over Lambert. - but dunno if thats feasible.

I think the board [Lerner\Faulkner]  will turn to Laudrup - involve an ex villa favourite somewhere - say that cash parameters have been eased - and hope the fans will swallow this as a new chapter.....

• Like 1

I have not liked him from day one. I hope he signs off with a win he leaves that would make me feel better. Now folks don't sing for a manager like we did calling for him to come here Paul Lambert.

• Like 2

In someways I don't want him to leave because I know that he will go elsewhere and be successful. He is a good manager. You don't get successive promotions with a team and then keep them in the premier league for a couple of seasons by not being a good manager. He must have some tactical nous. I know at some points this season it may have seemed like he had lost the plot but perhaps that's because the players that he's had available are really that bad. He's has a shoestring budget to buy lots of cheap players to pad out the squad a bit because just think if he'd have spent £20m on one player for him to only get injured, we would've had to field a really weak side, even more weak than the current one.

• Like 1

I have not liked him from day one. I hope he signs off with a win he leaves that would make me feel better. Now folks don't sing for a manager like we did calling for him to come here Paul Lambert.

A strange post but I'm glad you liked it.

• Like 1

Well at least you gave him a fair shot, then.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for PL and while I understand the anger towards him on some levels, IMHO it should be primarily aimed at Randy Lerner.

Lambert was with hindsight foolish to accept what was always going to be a poisoned chalice and has probably f****d up his career as a result. Others such as Martinez and reputedly OGS turned us down and for that I admire him.

His "project" was always flawed and obviously didn't work out and for that he is probably going to pay the price soon, but I think he genuinely thought he could break the mould as did many on here.

• Like 1

I gate crashed the OGS love fest last season to warn every one what a crap Manager he would be. I know he didn't get much time to save Cardiff but I fear this is exactly what would have happened to us had we foolishly appointed him before Lambo.

OGS definitely not for me. No way.

Lambert seems like a genuine bloke. The personal insults are harsh. But not for a second do I feel sorry for him. You did not need to be a genius to realise that you would struggle with the squad that he took over 2 seasons ago. So maybe the plan was steady the ship one year and then get significant investment the next. Clearly it wasn't and Lambert knew this from the off and has pretty much admitted to this.

So why take a job that will ruin your reputation for doing so badly with a massive club like Villa when in reality you may well have done a good job of keeping them in the league? The 2M a year, that's why.

• Like 1

Massive respect for Lambert personally, this club has been ruined by the people above the manager and it aint gonna be fixed in 2 years by some miracle worker working under seriously bad constraints.  It's been ugly this season but at the end of the day we are safe and still in a good position to push on next year whatever happens.  Put 3 or 4 quality players into that team and the difference would be night and day.

I want Lambert to stay and have the chance to give it a proper go here. Then I'm sure we'll see some great attacking football like Lambert played at Norwich when he was backed and had a proper squad to work with.  He has been restricted here and has suffered for it but I'm sure he has learned a lot and he will be a better manager for it, I just hope he is with us next season!

No shit Sherlock. We'd have 3 - 4 players capable of passing the ball to each other while the others watch in amazement.

On a positive note, if Lambert does get another season then his bluff has been called. He has to drastically improve and despite some of the bleating on here there is no evidence of this happening - not even green shoots.

I don't care about his restraints I want to see a clear footballing philosophy on the pitch. Not this antiquated crap he's served up so far.

Time to shit or get off the pot.

• Like 2

Massive respect for Lambert personally, this club has been ruined by the people above the manager and it aint gonna be fixed in 2 years by some miracle worker working under seriously bad constraints.  It's been ugly this season but at the end of the day we are safe and still in a good position to push on next year whatever happens.  Put 3 or 4 quality players into that team and the difference would be night and day.

I want Lambert to stay and have the chance to give it a proper go here. Then I'm sure we'll see some great attacking football like Lambert played at Norwich when he was backed and had a proper squad to work with.  He has been restricted here and has suffered for it but I'm sure he has learned a lot and he will be a better manager for it, I just hope he is with us next season!

No shit Sherlock. We'd have 3 - 4 players capable of passing the ball to each other while the others watch in amazement.

On a positive note, if Lambert does get another season then his bluff has been called. He has to drastically improve and despite some of the bleating on here there is no evidence of this happening - not even green shoots.

I don't care about his restraints I want to see a clear footballing philosophy on the pitch. Not this antiquated crap he's served up so far.

Time to shit or get off the pot.

That pot's sure gonna stink next season. ;)

I have no real problem with Lambert getting us to finish 15. I don't think, especially with our injury list we should expect more of him under these constraints, but the way he attempts to play the game is not for me. We are a long ball team under him I'm fed up of this type of football we've been playing it for over 8 years other than a few months under Houllier.

I think the with the size and quality of the Villa park pitch...to be successful there we need to play football on it.

Edited by Oaks
  • Like 2

Â