Paul Lambert

limpid

What can you say about Lamberts tactics ! IMHO it is impossable to defend for 90 minutes against a team like Man $ity and expect to come away with a draw.

Another tactical masterpiece from Mr Lambert.

Maybe we should of just attacked like arsenal tried to do?

Remind me what Chelsea did when they went there?

One tactic worked, the other didn't.

Lambert tried the one that worked.

Lambert tried the ONE tactic that we are one of the worst at - defending!

Why not go there and attack? There was nothing to be gained from defending all night. It's not as if we needed the points to avoid relegation.

• Like 1

Those wishing his removal would be well advised to be careful what they wish for

I appreciate given your inside knowledge when he was appointed that you might actually have a better view of PL than the rest of us but the facts do speak for themselves here.

As I have said many times I expected PL to field sides that were well organised and difficult to beat. We are neither. Add to that the lack of tactical nous and the seemlingly almost complete absence of a Plan B and the way I see it is we have a manager who is just not up to managing in the PL. I hate to say it as I was so pleased when he was appointed but we have had a two year audition to find this out.

If your point is we could end up appointing someone worse, I agree, but the basic flaws in Lambert as a manager are there for all to see and will not change. Better to accept we made the wrong call and move on as there are better managers out there.

• Like 1

Those wishing his removal would be well advised to be careful what they wish for

I saw you had the 2nd highest post count on the forum, yet I'd never seen a post from you...weird. Anyway hello and I agree with your post. 

• Like 1

What can you say about Lamberts tactics ! IMHO it is impossable to defend for 90 minutes against a team like Man $ity and expect to come away with a draw.

Why not go there and attack? There was nothing to be gained from defending all night. It's not as if we needed the points to avoid relegation.

Lambert tried the one tactic he has played for 2 years

There was a moment inlast nights match which left me bemused not for the first time this season . After conceding the first goal in the second half we found ourselves awarded a free kick just inside the City half . Bearing in mind how sparse our attacking possibilities were , I would have thought that a free penetrating pass forward would have been the best option , BUT NO! It was back passed back into our half again only for some muppet to just boot it forward again .   It was as though 1-0 down was good enough , lets hold on . I DESPAIR

Exactly! We sacked Alex McLeish and ended up with Paul Lambert :(

GTFO If Mcleish had stayed for the 2012/2013, I can guarantee you the club would have gone down. 

Don't think you quite got the message!

It looks to be mortally wounded for me and Im not sure he has the fight in him for another season.

If there is no takeover and no increase investment from the owner he would be best walking as ultimately we will be relegated next season anyway.

• Like 1

It looks to be mortally wounded for me and Im not sure he has the fight in him for another season.

If there is no takeover and no increase investment from the owner he would be best walking as ultimately we will be relegated next season anyway.

I've seen this a lot on here and I'm not sure I totally agree. Let's say Lambert get's 3 £7m players in the summer, let's say a LB and two central midfielders, one more defensive and one more a trequartista. Add to that Benteke, Okore, Kozak, Carruthers, Gardner, Zog and Gabby back to fitness. Plus Grealish, Robinson and maybe DJ and one or two more pushing through from the academy and the current crop being a year older and wiser. I'd say we'd be mid-table barring another Culverhouse/Karsa mental happening and a crazy injury crisis or two.

I've seen this a lot on here and I'm not sure I totally agree. Let's say Lambert get's 3 £7m players in the summer, let's say a LB and two central midfielders, one more defensive and one more a trequartista. Add to that Benteke, Okore, Kozak, Carruthers, Gardner, Zog and Gabby back to fitness. Plus Grealish, Robinson and maybe DJ and one or two more pushing through from the academy and the current crop being a year older and wiser. I'd say we'd be mid-table barring another Culverhouse/Karsa mental happening and a crazy injury crisis or two.

Nzogbia is a goner

Go and attack a side who have scored 60 plus goals at home this season, good one. Arsenal went and attacked got hit for 6, Spurs got hit for 6. Seriously if we had been smashed for 8 or 9, no doubt the claws would have have been out against Lambert for allowing our highest ever defeat.

• Like 2

Go and attack a side who have scored 60 plus goals at home this season, good one. Arsenal went and attacked got hit for 6, Spurs got hit for 6. Seriously if we had been smashed for 8 or 9, no doubt the claws would have have been out against Lambert for allowing our highest ever defeat.

So we defended and got hit for 4. What's the point of that? Did we need a point to aid our survival?

I am not going to repeat my initial post as it is self explanatory to anyone.

The fact is the team looked like rabbits caught in headlights and a League 2 side would probably have achieved our result if playing there in the cup as they would have made a fight of it and not just gone there to park the bus.

Lambert is not fit to manage this club.

There is however somewhere in between all out attack and all out defence?

Sunderland went there and were very unlucky not to get a win. Are they that much better than we are? Or did their manager just have a plan that worked?

Seriously we are not good enough at defending to go there and hold out for 90minutes whilst allowing them the time and space to attack at will. That tactic is as suicidal as all out attack. Hoofing it straight back to them out of our penalty area was never going to work we needed to hold up the ball some how to give the defence time to get out the box.

Our front line was missing Benteke, Kozak, Gabby and Albrighton!  I don't see what other option the manager had than to try and keep it tight and hopefully sneak a goal.  It's unbelievable the tripe that people come out with on here to try and justify their opinion!

• Like 3

So basically he cannot do the job? - sack him then - easy ............. next !

Our front line was missing Benteke, Kozak, Gabby and Albrighton!  I don't see what other option the manager had than to try and keep it tight and hopefully sneak a goal.  It's unbelievable the tripe that people come out with on here to try and justify their opinion!

When we had those players we weren't any better!

Funny when he made his first tactical move we were 0-0, he changes the formation and then we concede 4 goals .....

Â