Paul Lambert

limpid

I thought there was a poll the over week that said 80 odd % wanted Lambert out?

Not that many 'Lovers'?

They just spread the 'love' a little louder?

I think you'll find Randy is the silent majority & ultimately the main man that counts the most. ;)

I never said we lived in a democracy?

Yes if Lerner is a Lambert Lover then we can do sweet fanny adams about it really?

It all depends on the much anticipated end of year report from Lerner whenever that might be?

We all wait with baited breath?

Not Randy. He already knows.

Not that many 'Lovers'?

I think you'll find Randy is the silent majority & ultimately the main man that counts the most. ;)

Yes if Lerner is a Lambert Lover then we can do sweet fanny adams about it really?

It all depends on the much anticipated end of year report from Lerner whenever that might be?

You'd hope so but he could still be dithering and undecided as usual??

Not that many 'Lovers'?

Still his prerogative.

Not that many 'Lovers'?

Still his prerogative.

Of course.

The fate of the club is in his hands.

• Like 1

Is Lambert one of the most polarising Villa managers in recent history? The only one I can think of more polarising than him is O'Neill.

I'm pretty sure Big 'Eck split the fan base Mantis ;):P:) .

No I remember pretty much every one wanting him out on here (a bit like Lambert, maybe they were separated at birth they are so alike)?

Is Lambert one of the most polarising Villa managers in recent history? The only one I can think of more polarising than him is O'Neill.

I'm pretty sure Big 'Eck split the fan base Mantis ;):P:) .

Not all - nobody wanted him here and everyone wanted him gone by the end.

• Like 1

Well, Benteke scored half Villa's goal last season, so that's half the team out. ;) He was even playing with injury before and around Christmas.

And on top of that, his replacement (who Lambert said could play with Benteke) is injured... So...still short.

And the creative midfielder, N'Zogbia, is out...(if he was going to be in the bomb squad, that would have been Lerner's decision)...

And the best defender, Vlaar, was out for some time...

And the new central defender, Okore, who was eased in next to Vlaar, is out...

And on top of that, Lowton was out because of discipline/out of form issues, meaning the new midfielder, Bacuna, had to play rigth back.

And, even if he wouldn't have been a regular, Bennett was out injured over a long period of time before and around christmas, meaning a specialized left back was missing when Luna was out injured.

And some just said that Agbonlahor has been playing with an injury half the season...

And Herd is out with something psychological after being out with something fysical most of the time

And Baker had one or two concussions this season..

And Gardner was out for a long time and is struggling to get his fitness level up (hope he gets a new contract)

On the positive side, the midfield trio Delph, El Ahmadi and Westwood have all improved. So has Vlaar, Clark and to an extent Baker. And over the season so has Bacuna and Albrighton. Tonev and Helenius have not played at this high level of intensity before, and it showed, but I will give them the benefit of doubt until next season. And like we saw against Hull, Bowery look awesome at last.

I believe Lambert is the right man for the job. No worries.

Love it momo.

Magnificent post.

Every team as injuries and suspensions. Not criticising as if you rate Lambert then fair enough. I don't, and the reason is the tripe served up in the majority of the last two seasons. 

Well, Benteke scored half Villa's goal last season, so that's half the team out. ;) He was even playing with injury before and around Christmas.

And on top of that, his replacement (who Lambert said could play with Benteke) is injured... So...still short.

And the creative midfielder, N'Zogbia, is out...(if he was going to be in the bomb squad, that would have been Lerner's decision)...

And on top of that, Lowton was out because of discipline/out of form issues, meaning the new midfielder, Bacuna, had to play rigth back.

And, even if he wouldn't have been a regular, Bennett was out injured over a long period of time before and around christmas, meaning a specialized left back was missing when Luna was out injured.

And some just said that Agbonlahor has been playing with an injury half the season...

And Herd is out with something psychological after being out with something fysical most of the time

And Gardner was out for a long time and is struggling to get his fitness level up (hope he gets a new contract)

On the positive side, the midfield trio Delph, El Ahmadi and Westwood have all improved. So has Vlaar, Clark and to an extent Baker. And over the season so has Bacuna and Albrighton. Tonev and Helenius have not played at this high level of intensity before, and it showed, but I will give them the benefit of doubt until next season. And like we saw against Hull, Bowery look awesome at last.

Scoring half the goals doesn't make you half the team and all teams have injuries to players (some more devastating than others) and it is not unique to Villa.

So the list doesn't really add up to anything that suggests Lambert is any good.

Scoring half the goals doesn't make you half the team and all teams have injuries to players (some more devastating than others) and it is not unique to Villa.

So the list doesn't really add up to anything that suggests Lambert is any good.

Yes it does! Take Suarez, Sturridge and Gerrard out of Liverpool and they would be fighting Everton and Manchester United for an Europa League place (and I am being nice). Take out the 50 goals that Suarez and Sturridge scored and tell me they are not important because backup players like Aspas and Moses would have softened the blow. Baseless arguments lose against the truth.

• Like 2

Every team as injuries and suspensions. Not criticising as if you rate Lambert then fair enough. I don't, and the reason is the tripe served up in the majority of the last two seasons. 

Doesn't mean some teams don't have it worse than others though.

Yes it does! Take Suarez, Sturridge and Gerrard out of Liverpool and they would be fighting Everton and Manchester United for an Europa League place (and I am being nice). Take out the 50 goals that Suarez and Sturridge scored and tell me they are not important because backup players like Aspas and Moses would have softened the blow. Baseless arguments lose against the truth.

Suarez was suspended at start of season, Sturridge did get injured.

Whilst no-one by any stretch of the imagination thinks it has been a successful season, it is interesting to note that with a win against Spurs it is perfectly feasible we could finish the season 12th. Now that actually would be progress. It probably won't happen but I still think the abuse Lambert has been getting is unfair.

• Like 1

Â