Paul Lambert

limpid

There is just no hope for some people.

You'll think differently once you've had your initial session of Lambert's therapy.

You'll need to retrieve that season ticket first mind. ;)

I have had 2 seasons of Lambert's therapy and I am now even more depressed than I was under McLeish's therapy.

Yes. But you saw all this coming in the first place didn't you?

Yes, that is why I chucked my season tickets at the end of last season as I have already mentioned.

As a Villa supporter I do, unfortunately, still have indirect suffering from Lambert's therapy. There will be no relief from him until he gets sacked.

Vlaar, Westwood and Bacuna weren't exactly bad signings either and we could be saying the same about Okore were it not for that injury.

Hence why I didn't mention them.

I wasn't replying to your post.

I don't recall saying that you were.

You'll think differently once you've had your initial session of Lambert's therapy.

I have had 2 seasons of Lambert's therapy and I am now even more depressed than I was under McLeish's therapy.

Yes, that is why I chucked my season tickets at the end of last season as I have already mentioned.

As a Villa supporter I do, unfortunately, still have indirect suffering from Lambert's therapy. There will be no relief from him until he gets sacked.

Surely with your perfect hind sight you should have asked for a refund the moment MON walked straight out the door.

Edited by villa-revolution

I hope he's here next season with money to spend. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it you Lambert haters

I don't hate him. If he has 100 mil to spend and gets us playing like Barca I'll gladly eat humble pie with a steaming turd from your avatar in the middle.

:)

Barca have got boring. Would really like to play like Liverpool, mind u not the way they played against us in the first half.

Vlaar, Westwood and Bacuna weren't exactly bad signings either and we could be saying the same about Okore were it not for that injury.

Surely with your perfect hind sight you should have asked for a refund the moment MON walked straight out the door.

I think the word you are looking for is foresight.

• Like 2

VillaRevolution. Surely Lambert would be concerned if fans are not renewing their tickets? If he wants the best for the club he would want as many supporters as possible, he wouldn't want people to stop attending.

Good God, that's naive!

You are looking at made-up positives instead of looking at the ice-cold facts. Lambert tried to build a better team and squad, he is not trying to buy covers and semi-professionals that might or might not cut it in the Premier League. Most of these players have been failures and they are in fact not good enough to play in the Premier League. One thing is one or two players not hacking it, which happens at every club, but most of the players haven't been good enough to get into any squad in the Premier League IMO. On top of that, a few of the ones that are playing in our team should barely make the bench in my opinion. KEA, Westwood, Kozak, Lowton and Bacuna are all players that I want to replace with better players, which means there is space for them on the bench. Not that I don't like Westwood, I think he is a tidy player and he has some potential, but there are numerous players out there with much higher ability and that goes for almost all of his signings.

We got Benteke, which was great, but that's about it. Even Sam Allardyce manages to pick a gem in the market once in a while.

Completely agree but I'd go further with Benteke. Lambert obviously likes a certain type of striker but with Benteke he got the complete package by accident who turned out (providing he can recover fully) to be the new Drogba.

With back or front to goal, in the air or on the floor, strength and skill, he is the complete forward. He surprised the shit out of us and Lambert I suspect.

We have to give Lambert credit for this, accident or not.

It may be that some of the other signings  aren't as bad as they seem at the moment it's just that Benteke is SO good that he can play in any system, no matter how progressive or regressive the tactics.

I think that is spot on, and it's also to his credit that he generally plays a system that gets the best out of  Benteke (you could summarise it as "get the ball to Benteke and let him do his stuff").

The big problem is that he seems to have no plan B for when Benteke is injured or in poor form. That's been a massive problem for us this season.

I think Kozak was plan B and he got injured some will say not good enough the same was said of Benteke early on so too early to judge IMO.

No, Kozak can't be "plan B". The point I am making is that Benteke is so good that it is OK just to put him on the pitch, make sure he gets a regular supply of the ball, and he does the rest. There isn't much need for tactics etc. Kozak may be good (too early to judge) but it's clear he doesn't have that sort of quality, so Lambert actually needs to manage and devise a system for winning games when Tekkers isn't fit or on form.

Why reply to that post with "Hence why I didn't mention them" then? There was no need for you to point that out because I wasn't even replying to your post.

Why reply to that post with "Hence why I didn't mention them" then? There was no need for you to point that out because I wasn't even replying to your post.

God you really do get all worked up about nothing. Chill out.

VillaRevolution. Surely Lambert would be concerned if fans are not renewing their tickets? If he wants the best for the club he would want as many supporters as possible, he wouldn't want people to stop attending.

I'm pretty sure Lambert would be concerned about losing fans but he owes fans who have turned their backs on him absolutely nothing & certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over them, nor should he. As stated. They haven't bought into him he hasn't bought into them. That makes them both equal as I see it.

If the fans can slag Paul Lambert then the fans themselves can also be slagged.

Equal rights for all surely!

Edited by villa-revolution

God you really do get all worked up about nothing. Chill out.

I'm not worked up, I just thought it was a bit of a pointless reply.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure Lambert would be concerned about losing fans but he owes fans who have turned their backs on him absolutely nothing & certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over them, nor should he. As stated. They haven't bought into him he hasn't bought into them. That makes them both equal as I see it.

If the fans can slag Paul Lambert then the fans themselves can also be slagged.

Equal rights for all surely!

Very strange thinking. He should be trying to win us fans back!!

• Like 1

Paul Lambert insists the players do the lap of appreciation because it is for the fans.

This underlines both the class & the bravery of the man.

No hiding away but meeting it head on.

Do the fans deserve this accolade?

For loyalty? Yes. For those blaming Lambert? No. No. No. A thousand times no.

Take a bow Lambert son. Take a bow!

So very brave of him to send the players on a lap of honour where they will be roundly booed, while deflecting attention of himself.

To be fair, although I don't really want him here past May he's never been one to throw his players under the bus and he does take most of the flak in press conferences and interviews. It does seem a 'no win' situation for him.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

So very brave of him to send the players on a lap of honour where they will be roundly booed, while deflecting attention of himself.

To be fair, although I don't really want him here past May he's never been one to throw his players under the bus and he does take most of the flak in press conferences and interviews. It does seem a 'no win' situation for him.

It was more a jest reply to his OTT Lambert post.

• Like 1

The bloke really is desperate

Squawking all the time to the local press he never used to release this many press statements

Damed if he does, damed if he doesnt eh?

Damned if he doesn't what? Were talking about an article where he's basically complaining about pressure and we don't know how hard he works etc etc, like hes pleading with the thousands now singing we want lambert out every week.

For me theres a clear change in lambert's attitude in pressers, why is debatable but its definitely there imo.

Â