Paul Lambert

limpid

The worst bit from that piece was:

Last summer he spent £17m, which does not buy you much these days – certainly not the European place the supporters covet.

What a moron. To think he got paid to write such tripe.

So what's wrong with what he's written there then?

Our fans expected Lambert to qualify us for Europe? News to me.

Edited by Isa

I didnt think Lambert would ever get us into Europe, but I did expect at least a little progress from last season.

The fact we are a worse team than when he took over and that results and performances have been worse than McLeish is what has sealed his fate.

He's been a disastrous manager and a massive disappointment for us considering the reputation he bought with him. I thought he'd do better quite frankly.

• Like 1

Should play the kids if the first teamers can't be arsed.

Well, the rumours were that's what Cowans was saying, at least the play the kids bit, and that sparked a row with Culverhouse. Perhaps putting Sid in charge would see more kids get a shot.

Ha Ha! Seems a long time ago the pro Lambert's were raving we are 10th what more do we want???? Better than McLeish, I wish I really do!!!

Do you enjoy posting this drivel?

• Like 2

Sid should have come in after the Fulham or Palace game to be honest, its too late now. It wouldn't make a difference. We are relying on other teams not picking up enough points to relegate us, but by god do we deserve it this time. Worst Villa team since Billy McNeill and we add absolutely nothing to this league in our current shambolic state.

Let the dead duck have his three games and then when the final whistle has gone give him the sack.

Last summer he spent £17m, which does not buy you much these days – certainly not the European place the supporters covet.

Doesn't say that though does it? It says we want to be in Europe. Is that not true?

It also says £17m won't get us there. Is that not true either?

Edited by NurembergVillan

Doesn't say that though does it? It says we want to be in Europe. Is that not true?

It also says £17m won't get us there. Is that not true either?

If you want to read it out of the context of the article, that's fine by me.

My point is perhaps simpler than my earlier 'essay'.

This team is awful, the majority of the players are substandard, it's some of the worst football ever played at Villa Park and we've broken loads of awful records. All almost undisputable facts. Is Lambert responsible? Yes, but it's the amount of responsibility you assign. For me it's way less than Lerner and sufficient enough to give him the benefit of the doubt if a new owner arrives. If Lerner stays we're f*cked with Lambert or Guardiola in charge.

Lambert's pricer buys have been Benteke (£7m), Vlaar (£3m), Kozak (£7m), Okore (£4m) and Bacuna (£3m) of which two are success, two are seriously injured and the final one is at worst mixed. All his other signings have been cheap punts, successful with likes of Westwood or disasters in shape of Tonev.

No, our position isn't OK, but it's too short sighted to blame it all on Lambert. We used to have likes of Young and Milner but they left and we got NZogbia and Bent, then they were bombed out and we could get likes of Westwood and Benteke, then Benteke gets injured... Keep taking away the quality and you end up down the wrong end of the table REGARDLESS of manager.

These players last year arguably over performed (see Lowton POTS to today, Weimann and even Benteke) and think we nearly all agree that Luna was/is better than Bennett and Betrand better than both of them. Lambert is responsible for that too.

I really am not Pro-Lambert or looking for positives but I genuinely can not see how any other manager would have done much better. Lerner's famous statement even highlights these constraints. This squad has been stripped from top to bottom; our first team the other day with Guzan, Baker, Clark, Delph, Albrighton and Gabby were all here with MON when we were 6th but not playing because we had better players. We have now sold these players and not replaced them so worse players are now in the first XI.

The players do seem to put in effort, they do seem to care they're simply just not good enough. Lambert is at fault to some degree, he has made mistakes, but not enough for me to not see WHY he's made those mistakes - lack of investment. I think few would argue that another manager could get THIS bunch playing better so it's about buying better quality and another seven £2m buys aren't going to do that in the best league in the world. It really is as simple as that.

• Like 4

Â