Paul Lambert

limpid

“I think if people read into the statement and are quite clever about it they’ll understand. If you’re not clever you’ll not pick it up. That’s the bottom line.”

Crikey, Mr Lambert, not sure arrogance is the appropriate approach just at the mo.

“I think if people read into the statement and are quite clever about it they’ll understand. If you’re not clever you’ll not pick it up. That’s the bottom line.”

Crikey, Mr Lambert, not sure arrogance is the appropriate approach just at the mo.

Based on what has been banging about a sale could have already been sorted and Lambo guaranteed to be on for at least another season!

Take this with a pinch of salt or whatever but I was speaking to someone today whose Dad works with Matt Lowton's father-in-law and he said that Lambert is gone at the end of the season and that Culverhouse and Karsa were sacked not for bullying but for the incident(s?) with the fans. 

I know the Lowton's don't have the best relationship with the staff by the sounds of it but would be unsure as to why his father-in-law would say this if it wasn't true. 

Although he's also told Kendrick he intends to be here next season.

Didn't McLeish say the same just after his final match?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wouldnt-change-aston-villa-experience-7029901?

From reading that article, it is clear Lambert really is not protecting Lerner any more, talking openly about lack of investment over Lambert's time here, and that the club is in a 'position of mediocrity'. Hardly pulling the punches or selling himself to Lerner there.

He no longer talks about "long talks with the owner"; that all his "chats" with Randy are "very brief", and the most telling part is that he "doesn't know everything".

I'm now more positive both Lerner and Lambert will be gone in the summer. Hooray!

• Like 1

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wouldnt-change-aston-villa-experience-7029901?

From reading that article, it is clear Lambert really is not protecting Lerner any more, talking openly about lack of investment over Lambert's time here, and that the club is in a 'position of mediocrity'. Hardly pulling the punches or selling himself to Lerner there.

He no longer talks about "long talks with the owner"; that all his "chats" with Randy are "very brief", and the most telling part is that he "doesn't know everything".

I'm now more positive both Lerner and Lambert will be gone in the summer. Hooray!

Yeah I think he's going to bang on about these constraints to try and protect what's left of his reputation before he's out of work soon.

Take this with a pinch of salt or whatever but I was speaking to someone today whose Dad works with Matt Lowton's father-in-law and he said that Lambert is gone at the end of the season and that Culverhouse and Karsa were sacked not for bullying but for the incident(s?) with the fans. 

I know the Lowton's don't have the best relationship with the staff by the sounds of it but would be unsure as to why his father-in-law would say this if it wasn't true.

What incident was there between Karsa and the fans though?

Edited by Isa

With new owners in charge I wouldn't be averse to see him being given one more season

Absolutely not. IMO it would take a lot of the feel good factor away from the takeover.

There needs to be a clean sweep across the board. Lambert, and anyone appointed by him (not including Sid and Shay of course) should go.

Give the new man a clean slate to work with.

• Like 2

Seems a bit extreme to say that anyone appointed by Lambert should go. I don't know who he's appointed besides Culverhouse and Karsa but any staff that he did appoint should be evaluated on a case by case basis instead of just chucking them all out for associating with Lambert - that would be such a petty approach.

Yeah I think he's going to bang on about these constraints to try and protect what's left of his reputation before he's out of work soon.

Absolutely. He's done in this job IMO, I knew it when his two buddies were suspended. Dead man walking and he'll be given the bullet when the final whistle is blown against Spurs. Hopefully we are safe by then; the inevitable could be sooner!

What incident was there between Karsa and the fans though?

Very true. I'm just passing on what I was told, though.

• Like 1

Seems a bit extreme to say that anyone appointed by Lambert should go. I don't know who he's appointed besides Culverhouse and Karsa but any staff that he did appoint should be evaluated on a case by case basis instead of just chucking them all out for associating with Lambert - that would be such a petty approach.

A quick steal of wikipedia:

AVFC Coaching Staff

Paul Lambert  

Gordon Cowans  

Shay Given  

Scott Marshall Lambert appointment from Norwich

Terry Gennoe Lambert appointment from Norwich

Michael Watts Lambert appointment from Norwich

Chris Lorkin Lambert appointment from Norwich

Roddy MacDonald  

Alan Smith  

Bryan Jones  

Steve Burns  

Tony McAndrew  

Simone Farina Highly random decision - probably appointed by Paul Faulkner!!!

I expect all his main coaching staff will resign when he goes anyway. They all go way back with him - I think a couple actually were there with him from the start of his managerial career.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

I expect all his coaching staff will resign when he goes anyway.

If they do then fair enough, but it would be silly to just automatically get rid of them just because of who appointed them.

Two theories for me?

1. Lambert was involved in the Culver/Karsa issues but has been given to the end of the season as sacking him now would be insane with a few games to go.

2. Lambert is innocent and Lerner today has told him to keep us in the premiership for a nice pay off and bonus.

Either way, he is out of here. Karsa and Culverhouse were his responsibly as manager so he obviously hasn't helped his situation.

I see a lot of people saying they would like Lambert to be given one more chance and given money to spend. Based on a few of his signings I can understand why people would say that but surely we risk the chance of another year of disruption if he is to be sacked half way through.

Surely it's better to have a fresh start.

Randy Lerner said already when he bought the club that he was going to sell it if he did not succeed in what he planned. Lerner did not succeed, and whats happening now needs no further explanation. Paul Lambert was employed under the following terms from Lerner: Over-paid players are going out, you will have build a team on minimal funds - and your job is to make this team survive in the Premier League. Lambert has nearly achieved this now. Away with wasteful wages, and in with mediocre footballers on a small wage. Aston Villa are now free from debt. That means, folks, that Randy Lerner has managed to make Villa more attractive to potential buyers. A potential buyer would now not sit with great difficulty to get rid of expenses - this job is already done. Lambert has done what he were asked to and Lerner has made the club in great stand in business terms, though it has costed us four utter boring years.

Bright future, UTV

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 3

I see a lot of people saying they would like Lambert to be given one more chance and given money to spend. Based on a few of his signings I can understand why people would say that but surely we risk the chance of another year of disruption if he is to be sacked half way through.

Surely it's better to have a fresh start.

Based on a few of his signings? Benteke and Guzan who doesn't really count have been good and Vlaar has been okay.

The rest are shit

Randy Lerner said already when he bought the club that he was going to sell it if he did not succeed in what he planned. Lerner did not succeed, and whats happening now needs no further explanation. Paul Lambert was employed under the following terms from Lerner: Over-paid players are going out, you will have build a team on minimal funds - and your job is to make this team survive in the Premier League. Lambert has nearly achieved this now. Away with wasteful wages, and in with mediocre footballers on a small wage. Aston Villa are now free from debt. That means, folks, that Randy Lerner has managed to make Villa more attractive to potential buyers. A potential buyer would now not sit with great difficulty to get rid of expenses - this job is already done. Lambert has done what he were asked to and Lerner has made the club in great stand in business terms, though it has costed us four utter boring years.

Bright future, UTV

...and cost Lerner >£200M.

I can't say I'm not excited by the prospect of us potentially becoming a much richer club once he leaves, but the way I see Lerner being spoken about does sadden me. He's a good man, I'm pretty sure about that. He's tried something, we JUST failed, and football economic tectonic plates moved from beneath his feet. I'm personally grateful for everything he's given this club, even if the past few years haven't been great. It's not like he owed us anything IMO

• Like 2

Â