Paul Lambert

limpid

Dodgy I agree he will be with us until the end of the season and I will cheer and support the team irrespective of the manager. But once the season is over if he is retained under whatever owner then I won't renew my st.

How long has Lambert left on his contract? One year? If so that will suit any new owners coming in as they will have minimal compensation to pay him and might explain why the rumours of a new contract on the table have died down.

The difference is DOL is a dick, Lambert isn't!

DOL was deliberately antagonistic, I'll give you that.

Lambert just randomly mumbles a load of cliches. He doesnt seem like a nasty person.

But this is a results game! Lambert's results have been very poor, on top of the concern over his tactics and coaching methods (given his two best buddies have been suspended)

There have been times this season where the similarities have been pretty striking with DOL's last season in charge.

Edited by R.I.C.O.
  • Like 1

Dodgy I agree he will be with us until the end of the season and I will cheer and support the team irrespective of the manager. But once the season is over if he is retained under whatever owner then I won't renew my st.

How long has Lambert left on his contract? One year? If so that will suit any new owners coming in as they will have minimal compensation to pay him and might explain why the rumours of a new contract on the table have died down.

Yes, he only has a year left. He'll get a nice little payoff I'd expect.

I never said they were better at all so don't put words in my mouth thanks shaggy. Just showing your logic is flawed. Oh and as for Jewell et al, while they haven't gone on to do much else do you not agree that their highest points are relatively impressive?

What's saying Lambert isn't better than them and wont fade? BTW, I'm not saying he will or won't before the heavies wade in.

The difference is DOL is a dick, Lambert isn't!

DOL was deliberately antagonistic, I'll give you that.

Lambert just randomly mumbles a load of cliches. He doesnt seem like a nasty person.

But this is a results game! Lambert's results have been very poor, on top of the concern over his tactics and coaching methods (given his two best buddies have been suspended)

There have been times this season where the similarities have been pretty striking with DOL's last season in charge.

Lambert had his goons Karsa & Culverhouse do all the nasty stuff :D

Lambert will stay to begin with. If he improves things with a better budget he will stay longer.

He is better than what he has achieved here so and that's not surprise being asked to play champagne football on lemonade money.

Em, Moyes managed in the Premiership while the comparison used for Lambert was promotion from the Championship and many managers have done that.

It still comes nowhere near in substantiating the poster's point.

Not many managers have overseen back to back promotions from League One, to the Championship, to the Premier League, followed by a strong season in the Prem with a team built by himself.

Does that substantiate his point? Or are you specifically after an example of Lambert doing well in the Premier League? In which case, it's what you deem as acceptable that seems wrong, not the information that Eames has given.

If you read what the poster has said in his post it has been stated as fact. I asked for evidence to prove that as previously the poster has asked others to prove their point with relevant evidence which others did yet it still wasn't accepted as it did not agree with his point of view.

Taking his point that Lambert is better than what he has achieved here how can promotions from league one and the Championship substantiate that point. It simply doesn't.

It would have been a much better comparison if Lambert had been more successful with another club in the Premiership like Moyes for instance.

You simply cannot substantiate a point like that with promotions from inferior leagues as it cannot be made relevant to the point made no matter how much you try and twist it.

Of course it is relevant. How can it not be?

It's relevant because it's football management. It's the same game. It's a manager with a similar level of investment to 20 other teams, who has managed to better all those other teams in a single season.

In Lambert's case, he did it two times in a row, and then had Norwich finishing strongly in their first Prem season (which is what puts him on a level slightly above the many managers that have simply achieved promotion). Unfortunately, whilst having a transfer kitty given to him at Villa, he's seemingly had to lower the wage bill and subsequently rebuild a squad at the same time.

He HAS shown that he can be better than he's actually been at Villa. Whether you like it or not, a manager's performance in a lesser league is still relevant.

Does that mean he will get to a higher level of performance again? No (as the repeated examples of Brown, Holloway, Coyle etc show). But I don't think it's fair to say that these examples aren't relevant to show how one manager could perform.

That's like saying a striker who's scored a lot of goals in league 1 and the championship (or any inferior league), then comes to the premiership and flops has shown he could do better. Maybe he found his level and he's just out of his depth now?

• Like 1

I never said they were better at all so don't put words in my mouth thanks shaggy. Just showing your logic is flawed. Oh and as for Jewell et al, while they haven't gone on to do much else do you not agree that their highest points are relatively impressive?

What's saying Lambert isn't better than them and wont fade? BTW, I'm not saying he will or won't before the heavies wade in.

Let's stick to the point here where the poster's point was flawed and you backed that point using Shearer which I countered with Holloway. Then other posters then mentioned further managers which kinda disproved your defence. No-one has put words in your mouth.

Lambert will stay to begin with. If he improves things with a better budget he will stay longer.

He is better than what he has achieved here so and that's not surprise being asked to play champagne football on lemonade money.

Em, Moyes managed in the Premiership while the comparison used for Lambert was promotion from the Championship and many managers have done that.

It still comes nowhere near in substantiating the poster's point.

Not many managers have overseen back to back promotions from League One, to the Championship, to the Premier League, followed by a strong season in the Prem with a team built by himself.

Does that substantiate his point? Or are you specifically after an example of Lambert doing well in the Premier League? In which case, it's what you deem as acceptable that seems wrong, not the information that Eames has given.

If you read what the poster has said in his post it has been stated as fact. I asked for evidence to prove that as previously the poster has asked others to prove their point with relevant evidence which others did yet it still wasn't accepted as it did not agree with his point of view.

Taking his point that Lambert is better than what he has achieved here how can promotions from league one and the Championship substantiate that point. It simply doesn't.

It would have been a much better comparison if Lambert had been more successful with another club in the Premiership like Moyes for instance.

You simply cannot substantiate a point like that with promotions from inferior leagues as it cannot be made relevant to the point made no matter how much you try and twist it.

Of course it is relevant. How can it not be?

It's relevant because it's football management. It's the same game. It's a manager with a similar level of investment to 20 other teams, who has managed to better all those other teams in a single season.

In Lambert's case, he did it two times in a row, and then had Norwich finishing strongly in their first Prem season (which is what puts him on a level slightly above the many managers that have simply achieved promotion). Unfortunately, whilst having a transfer kitty given to him at Villa, he's seemingly had to lower the wage bill and subsequently rebuild a squad at the same time.

He HAS shown that he can be better than he's actually been at Villa. Whether you like it or not, a manager's performance in a lesser league is still relevant.

Does that mean he will get to a higher level of performance again? No (as the repeated examples of Brown, Holloway, Coyle etc show). But I don't think it's fair to say that these examples aren't relevant to show how one manager could perform.

I think matey you're flogging a dead horse here as your theory has already been proven to be inaccurate.

The main point is that success in the lower leagues cannot and should not be used as a barometer for success in the Premiership and along with a host of other managers Lambert has proven that.

Edited by shaggy

Who knows what he could do with better players? and Norwich have been hopeless without him. However I don't think he'll be given the chance. I guess we'll never know what has gone on behind the scenes either but it just feels like the club have made Lambert Randy's scapegoat.

I see the vast majority of the fans want him gone and I can understand why, I just think maybe the clubs owes him the chance to make amends. However new brooms and all.

Edited by Supervillan78

Let's stick to the point here where the poster's point was flawed and you backed that point using Shearer which I countered with Holloway. Then other posters then mentioned further managers which kinda disproved your defence. No-one has put words in your mouth.

Stick to it because you can't answer what I asked? I wasn't aware you dictated what we can talk about.

That's like saying a striker who's scored a lot of goals in league 1 and the championship (or any inferior league), then comes to the premiership and flops has shown he could do better. Maybe he found his level and he's just out of his depth now?

I don't really think that's a good comparison as strikers and managers are vastly different and even then Lambert performed very well with Norwich in the Premier League.

Stick to it because you can't answer what I asked? I wasn't aware you dictated what we can talk about.

I find it a bit amusing that when you lot were all excited about Lambert becoming our manager I was unsure of the the appointment and comparing him to Coyle and Adkins but now you want him out I'm defending him for the sake of stability.

I am not sure if I've stayed the same whilst most of the fan base have moved from one side to the other or I maybe just like being contrary?

Edited by LondonLax

Â