Paul Lambert

limpid

I was listening to talkSPORT earlier and a Burnley fan rang up praising Sean Dyche. He said that the manager has got all the players fighting so hard for one another, which is why they are performing so well. I look at the teams that Lambert puts out and I don't see anything like that, just a load of headless chickens with poor communication skills.

Apart from the last 10 games of last season and about 5 games of this season I have been disappointed with what Lambert has achieved with this squad.

I was listening to talkSPORT earlier and a Burnley fan rang up praising Sean Dyche. He said that the manager has got all the players fighting so hard for one another, which is why they are performing so well. I look at the teams that Lambert puts out and I don't see anything like that, just a load of headless chickens with poor communication skills.

Apart from the last 10 games of last season and about 5 games of this season I have been disappointed with what Lambert has achieved with this squad.

For me It is not a work rate issue with us, I think our team has effort in abundance. It is the quality and consistency of the team.

For me It is not a work rate issue with us, I think our team has effort in abundance. It is the quality and consistency of the team.

...but the effort is not channeled correctly.... its like having your radiators on the roof...its all wasted effort.

There is very little running off the ball, so not much effort there.

but yes you are right about the quality or lack of it.

Aston Villa fans...yeah we understand that we were rubbish for two years before our new manager took over, we know our squad was full of over paid has beens that didn't care and were crippling the club, we understand the task at hand to turn this around, we are aware our chairman won't fund a proper rebuild, welcome paul we are behind you.......

20 months in....sack him, clueless idiot, signings are rubbish, my Fifa team is better, I'm a body language expert, he has lost the dressing room, I've taken crew to the champs league on football manager it's easy, why didn't he keep the over paid tossers that were rubbish, why didn't he bring an attacking midfielder in for 50p.

Sick of it all.

Love it, exactly what I'm thinking.

Aston Villa fans...yeah we understand that we were rubbish for two years before our new manager took over, we know our squad was full of over paid has beens that didn't care and were crippling the club, we understand the task at hand to turn this around, we are aware our chairman won't fund a proper rebuild, welcome paul we are behind you.......

20 months in....sack him, clueless idiot, signings are rubbish, my Fifa team is better, I'm a body language expert, he has lost the dressing room, I've taken crew to the champs league on football manager it's easy, why didn't he keep the over paid tossers that were rubbish, why didn't he bring an attacking midfielder in for 50p.

Sick of it all.

I'm sick of accusations being thrown at "Aston Villa fans". We are no different to any other set of fans - we're not especially good or bad as an entity, just a disparate selection of people who happen to support the same team.

As for the suggestion that everyone expected us to be embroiled in a battle against relegation season after season, take a look at the opening pages of the relegation threads over the last couple of years; many, many people shouted down, and indeed ridiculed, those who suggested the possibility of us being in a fight.

• Like 1

Sick of it all.

Love it, exactly what I'm thinking.

Spot on.  Everyone is analysing the financial results of the club and remarking on how it looks as though we will be breaking even next season forgetting that this is due in no small part to Lambert's efforts of the past eighteen months.  

Sick of it all.

I'd love you to find a single post from any lambert fan who said this is what they thought needed to happen. Because what really happened was most thought we wouldnt be in a relegation battle last year let alone this year. So you're talking rubbish.
You really didn't expect to be in a relegation battle last season?

This is exactly how I thought it would be for 2 seasons to sort the books out and then next season is he test to prove himself.

I thought we would last year because of the players he originally signed. I and others were mocked for thinking that. After the end of last season and another chance to buy players I didn't expect another season of shit results and even worse football.

Question is Mr Penguin will you be happy if we stay up and then spend the same budget on just a few signings of a higher value due to our new financial strength?

Great, mid table mediocrity here we come!!

Sick of it all.

I'd love you to find a single post from any lambert fan who said this is what they thought needed to happen. Because what really happened was most thought we wouldnt be in a relegation battle last year let alone this year. So you're talking rubbish.
You really didn't expect to be in a relegation battle last season?

This is exactly how I thought it would be for 2 seasons to sort the books out and then next season is he test to prove himself.

I thought we would last year because of the players he originally signed. I and others were mocked for thinking that. After the end of last season and another chance to buy players I didn't expect another season of shit results and even worse football.

Question is Mr Penguin will you be happy if we stay up and then spend the same budget on just a few signings of a higher value due to our new financial strength?

Great, mid table mediocrity here we come!!

It was always going to be that way for 2 seasons for me due to not being able to clear all the deadwood off in one season.

The last 2 seasons we've spent £20 million on around 6 players. This summer will be about using the same money but on just 3 players that will go straight into our first team.

Lambert then has no excuses, that's why I'll give him until Christmas.

So we have two shit seasons to create financial strength and then spend exactly the same as we did before our financial strength? Why would you be happy with that?

Looking at this game it pretty much is make or break for Lambert. A win sees us level on points with 10th, and a loss could see us as low as 16th by the end of play and worryingly looking over our shoulder. A loss would be devastating with the games that we've got coming up and the confidence (or lack of) it would give the side.

Â