Paul Lambert

limpid

....Can't we let the masseur do the NEXT team talk.

We just have to sit this out now....tin hats on and just hope that one doesn't land on our shelter.

Thats just about as much control we have on it.

Do you mean we as fans or the club?

The fans

....Can't we let the masseur do the NEXT team talk.

We just have to sit this out now....tin hats on and just hope that one doesn't land on our shelter.

Thats just about as much control we have on it.

Do you mean we as fans or the club?

The fans and the club

Well, the club (more specifically the team and management) still have a large degree of control. We're in a relegation battle but still got more points on the board than a lot of teams down there. It's up to us to win these important games.

It a shame we haven't got any intelligent ex players who could come in a shake it all up ala crutch and de doer (obviously not at that level). The turn around there has been fantastic and they are bringing through youth players. Wonder if Bergkamp would fancy a step up as head coach?

I've said this before. What baffles me is this guy sends us out sometimes to really have a go at sides (Liverpool for example) and we look good side when we do. The fact he will then set up this counter attack 'tactic' is just madness.

The continuos switching of system just isn't going to help us.

'Managers make decisions to win football matches' stan collymore said on commentary today. This guy makes decision to not win matches.

He's stubborn. Has too many favourites. Putting Sylla on the bench alone shows this whilst Gary gets loaned out as do Samir and Jack.

He thinks he's better than 40k fans watching on and knows best ALL the time which he don't.

Go in the Norwich game 442. Play wide players. Whip balls in to the box and attack them.

Marc Albrighton should be making an appearance every week at some point (start or sub) before Sylla is even considered an option.

A bench of any....

Steer

Clark

Carruthers

Grelish

Bennett

Helenius

Albrighton

Bent

Gardner

N'Zogbia

Lowton

Has more to it than what he have at the moment. 'His' players (Sylla, KEA etc) are, IMO, no better or worse than most of our young academy players.

Stubborn. Delusional. He's lost my faith completely. I actually think he's run out of ideas.

• Like 1

Anyone still a Lambert man, seriously?? He is deluded, clueless and stubborn to say the least.

He hasn't got a clue tactically, to say he was inept would be an understatement, bringing on Bennett and not bringing on Albrighton, when his name was being sung throughout the match as everyone in the away end knew he was needed, was plain ludicrous.

Lambert out before we are in the Championship.

Edited by Avflife

Anyone still a Lambert man, seriously?? He is deluded, clueless and stubborn to say the least.

He hasn't got a clue tactically, to say he was inept would be an understatement, bringing on Bennett and not bringing on Albrighton, when his name was being sung throughout the match as everyone in the away end knew he was needed, was plain ludicrous.

Depends what you mean by being a "Lambert man"?

Depends what you mean by being a "Lambert man"?

People who support Lambert as Villa manager? Not sure there is a hidden agenda there.

I get that he could have brought Albrighton on instead of Sylla, but with Bertrand injured we shouldn't be bringing Albrighton on at left back. I don't think that particular move was evidently tactically inept.

I normally read what you guys put; and although I am/was a big fan of PL, I totally agree that he seems to have run out of ideas.

We ended last season riding on the crest of a wave. The team seemed to click and we won all of the games we needed to - including that superb 6-1 win over Sunderland which was the best performance under this manager by some distance.

With a few careful additions I felt we could go a step further. Following the Arsenal and Chelsea games I didn't fear one minute that we would be in this position now. 

Granted, our away form is much better than how we go about things at Villa Park. But even that of late seems to be stuttering and we can't win at home. We have some tough away games to come, and no wins against Norwich and Fulham at Villa Park will put us right in the mire.

There is always one team who look safe for the most part who sleep walk into it with a few weeks to go. This could be us if we are not careful as no-one is looking at us as potential candidates for the drop.

Edited by MR_Black_AVFC
  • Like 1

90 mins into game your 3 strikers have been dog shit but your still looking at getting a point so do you

A)Bring on your man of match for last 2 games or your Jan loan signing to waste time with the sub stopping flow of game and add fresh legs upfront or do you B) Do sweet **** all ...

Â