Paul Lambert

limpid

Tactically terrible again. The squad he has assembled is one of the poorest i have ever seen at villa, and over 40 years of watching them I have seen some bad 'uns. I read threads like this now more for comedy value with some people trying to deflect any sort if criticism of lambert etc.

Basically a out of his depth arrogant mumbling fool who is stealing a wage from an owner who seemingly cares nowt about the club we all support

Problem.. The three stooges.

Pulis doing wonders at Palace and he's never been relegated.

We'd turn our nose up at the likes of Pulis and Fat Sam. There would be uproar on here due to the style of football that comes with them.
You know what though we have been serving up tripe for years now. Under Lambert this season our football has been as bad if not worse than what West Ham and Palace serve up. Some just refuse to see it.
Lambert is seen by some as a much more progressive manager than the like of Pulis and Allardyce. He isn't though and the way he is going will be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Coyle and Jewell who were also found out after showing early promise as managers.

The problem is many of us have expectations for the club which are beyond our measures, including who should manage us. Have we ever played great passing football like Southampton or Swansea? No, because the culture isn't at the club. It doesn't matter if we have a Paul Lambert or a Big Sam in charge, the football would be shit under both but at least the likes of Allardyce and Pulis win games. Something which Paul Lambert does not. 

Edited by bradarmstrong_

1 point and no goals against Cardiff and Newcastle, 2 sides in terrible form. Away from home where we are supposedly better. No goals scored either. I think im starting to join the Lambert out camping, especially as his shocking changes cost us the game.

We're in terrible form ourselves and we're a lot worse than Newcastle. Cardiff I think we were unlucky not to beat, Newcastle on the other hand have a much better team than we do and were never going to stay in such a poor patch of form.

I do find it shocking that so many people have jumped into 'Lambert out' mode after losing 1-0 to Newcastle and we could have been winning in the first half if our strikers had ball in the back of the net. That isn't Lambert's fault IMO.

I didnt think I'd hate a manager as much as O'Leary/McLeish but Lambert has joined that group. He's not just dislikeable, he's total crap as well.

If he gets a new contract after this absolute abortion of a season its another massive two-fingered salute to the fans.

• Like 1

So after 27 games if this was McLeish he would have been slated for months on and the abuse been endless.

Compared to McLeish's season with us.

So two seasons ago we were..

2 points better off at this stage

8 points off relegation, 4 points further clear than we are now

GD twice as good at -5 instead of -10

Scored 3 more goals

Conceded 2 goals less

Home form better off by 2 points

Away form exactly the same at 17 points

I just wanted to check to see if this was as bad as under McLeish and it turns from a statistical point of view it's actually worse.

• Like 2

I do find it shocking that so many people have jumped into 'Lambert out' mode after losing 1-0 to Newcastle and we could have been winning in the first half if our strikers had ball in the back of the net. That isn't Lambert's fault IMO.

What? Are you being serious?

Pulis doing wonders at Palace and he's never been relegated.

We'd turn our nose up at the likes of Pulis and Fat Sam. There would be uproar on here due to the style of football that comes with them.

You know what though we have been serving up tripe for years now. Under Lambert this season our football has been as bad if not worse than what West Ham and Palace serve up. Some just refuse to see it.

Lambert is seen by some as a much more progressive manager than the like of Pulis and Allardyce. He isn't though and the way he is going will be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Coyle and Jewell who were also found out after showing early promise as managers.

You're right. I was thinking about big sam today after west ham won their 4th in a row and you're spot on there would be uproar. Can anyone say our football is better?

How much money has big sam had to spend?  and what kind of wages is he paying to new signings?    Pulis does what he says on the tin and is good at keeping a team lower mid-table.

I'm not happy at all with Lambert today or on plenty of occassions this season. When we are having to bring on below par players then its a handicap and yes he is the one that signed them but with the budget he has to work with and wages then its no surprise that we are struggling again.  I'd like to see Lambert be given the chance to sign some quality players this Summer and given a proper go at things here.  Just have to hope that we stay up first of all...

So after 27 games if this was McLeish he would have been slated for months on and the abuse been endless.

Scored 3 more goals

Conceded 2 goals less

I just wanted to check to see if this was as bad as under McLeish and it turns from a statistical point of view it's actually worse.

Horrible stats...unbelievable that there is talk of a new contract

1 point and no goals against Cardiff and Newcastle, 2 sides in terrible form. Away from home where we are supposedly better. No goals scored either. I think im starting to join the Lambert out camping, especially as his shocking changes cost us the game.

We're in terrible form ourselves and we're a lot worse than Newcastle. Cardiff I think we were unlucky not to beat, Newcastle on the other hand have a much better team than we do and were never going to stay in such a poor patch of form.

Lambert buys the players, Lambert picks the team, Lambert decides the tactics so why does Lambert get off so lightly with some of you people every time (and it happens quite often) we play crap and fail to win?

So glad i'm going to Uni in September and  not renewing my ST for next season.

we not renewing..theirs 6 by us that have had enough

Yeah me neither. And there is about 4 regulars by me in the Upper North who can't be arsed any more. Even the guy I give my ST to when I can't go isnt as enthusiastic for a free ticket.

I think I'm going to be watching Halesowen Town more, the standard of football is about the same (!) but the added bonus is that they don't take the piss out of their own fans.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

Scored 3 more goals

Conceded 2 goals less

Mental really but I don't think it is all down to Lambert just as our problems under McLeish weren't all down to him. Of course he has to be partially blamed but our club as a whole has been on the slide for a while now, I honestly think we've done well to even stay in the league over the last few years.

This away form thing of ours has ran its course now and if we stay poor at home we'll get relegated sooner or later.

Â