Paul Lambert

limpid

Because of Alex Ferguson, scottish managers have been strongly overhyped. Paul Lambert is no exeption. Most Scottish managers are shit to be fair. Lambert haven't shown anything other than that he is a lower league manager, and can achieve mid table at best.

Because of Alex Ferguson, scottish managers have been strongly overhyped. Paul Lambert is no exeption. Most Scottish managers are shit to be fair. Lambert haven't shown anything other than that he is a lower league manager, and can achieve mid table at best.

This is the kind of obviously self contradicting post that I would make as a joke.

Are you serious?

• Like 1

This is the kind of obviously self contradicting post that I would make as a joke.

Are you serious?

Yes I'm serious. Just stating that with Lambert we're not gonna do better than mid table at best. Look at his tactical abilities, its laughable. Thats what makes the difference between good managers and average managers. So if we're having ambitions for being a top 8 side in the future. We aren't going to be anywhere near it with Lambert in charge.

So you're serious that he's shown himself to be a "lower league manager", despite the fact the last time he managed a lower league side he achieved promotion (twice in a row) and avoided relegation (by finishing midtable) with an obviously lower league club?

Okay then.

Lambert isnt really overhyped is he? Most people can see he's a half decent manager and i dont see anyone claiming hes a lot more than that.

May I direct you to the posts of "Richard" and "Gentleman" when you have a quiet moment. Serious Lambert love on display there!

• Like 1

Get your crayons out and do it yourself.

Not likely. I wont be paying to watch that shit again. I can't even get my 12 year old nephew interested. Sad times

Bye then. Cheers for coming.

That is probably the same attitude the club has had in recent past which has saw attendances and commercial income fall. If you don't keep your core supporter engaged you're in trouble.

A 12 year old supporter, one that could be the lifeblood of the club for the next 50 years has become so disillusioned/bored with going to watch us he's no longer bothered if we go or not. Tragic really. Mind you that Crystal Palace fiasco was the last straw for more than just him.

Next time you're at Villa Park look around and see how few young supporters there actually are. If I were on the board i'd be worried BIG time because there appears to be no next generation anymore. Kids have either been priced out of going or simply aren't interested due to the complete lack of anything for them to latch onto. What's going to happen once we all stop going ? (i already have i guess, well i do sometimes but my season tickets didn't get renewed obviously)

And that's down to the board and their continued shocking decision making.

PS.

I will add the club are clearly aware of this and ring me on a monthly basis asking me when i'm coming back, and if i'd consider a season ticket again. And they always get the same response. They even rang me at the start of last week trying to flog me tickets for the West Ham match. Methinks they're getting desperate. Maybe the penny has finally dropped.

Maybe you being interesting and making the effort to go would then get him interested again.

If all you do is moan about the club then I'm not surprised he doesn't want to go down.

When we were utter dross under dol I was literally dragged to every game because it showed me that's what being a fan is about.

I understand you chose how to spend your money how you want but I see plenty of younger generation kids at the games.

• Like 1

Lambert isnt really overhyped is he? Most people can see he's a half decent manager and i dont see anyone claiming hes a lot more than that.

May I direct you to the posts of "Richard" and "Gentleman" when you have a quiet moment. Serious Lambert love on display there!

Well yes there maybe a few but in general he's not considered all that great, not enough to be over-rated anyway. Don't see how anyone could claim someone with a 30% win ratio was that great anyway.

Jock Stein.

Bill Shankly.

Matt Busby.

Some of the greatest managers of all time right there. Scottish managers don't get hyped becuas eof Ferguson. I'm not Scottish but if you know anything about football then you should know that Scotland (and in particular the mining towns round Glasgow) has played a huge part in making it what it is.

On the Lambert points though, I don't see why hie tactical abilities should be seen as laughable?

• Like 1

How can he be a lower league manager and yet finish mid table at best? Which one is it?

• Like 1

villalad, what do you think of our current squad?

Benteke is overrated because of Hazard. Overall they're League 2 quality, they'll finish 10th in the Premier League at best.

Why did you steal, exactly what i were about to say?

But seriously, well. isn't it quite obvious, i don't think i can say anything other than what we already know.

We are currently 3 good players away from having an top 8 lineup, 2 central midtfielders and a right back, also a left back if we dont sign Bertrand permanent.

But that in itself isn't enough for being a top 8 side, we need more depth in our squad, so yes we are FAR away from having a top 8 squad, period.

Edited by villalad21

Lambert worked at a few lower league clubs so that automatically makes him a lower league manager forever? Okay. Lambert started in League 2 and worked his way up to the Premiership through ambition and quality management. I am sure Lambert was capable of starting at a bigger English club given his reputation and contacts within the game.In my opinion that is something that should be admired. 

Are you serious?

Yes I'm serious. Just stating that with Lambert we're not gonna do better than mid table at best. Look at his tactical abilities, its laughable. Thats what makes the difference between good managers and average managers. So if we're having ambitions for being a top 8 side in the future. We aren't going to be anywhere near it with Lambert in charge.

So you think another manager would be able to get us top 8 with our current budget?  Okay then.

So you think another manager would be able to get us top 8 with our current budget? Okay then.

Unlikely. However, people would suggest other managers are capable of having the same results with better football on display.

So is Lambert as was shown at the end of last season and in flashes this season. Why he has us playing like he is now baffles me.

Â