Paul Lambert

limpid

For what it's worth I agree with those saying that Laudrup coming in wouldn't change much as he'd need to be backed. I was just stating I'd prefer Laudrup to Lambert if the circumstances were more ideal for him to be brought in.

They aren't and it's never going to happen anyway so we might as well just accept the fact that Lambert is our manager for now.

• Like 3

LOL at our tactical masterclass vs Southampton! It's funny people still actually think that. Conceding 70% possession and letting the other team have 20-30 shots on goal 9 times out of 10 will result in defeat! Logic dictates. 

Edited by supernova26

It is true we've had lucky wins. It's also true that we've had unlucky draws and losses. It's also true that other teams have had lucky wins and unlucky losses.

There's so many if buts and maybes but we ARE 10th. And that's a good position to be in. If we were 5 points from tenth with some unlucky losses I doubt the reverse argument would be made.

Can someone please respond as to what Lambert has done since being here to make you so supportive of him?

Im prepared to give Lambert a bit more time, but it has been noticed that all of the 'believers' haven't answered this question, yet demand other people answer their argument.

Possession football is boring

You watch possession football everytime you watch a Villa match, only it's the other team playing that way. Surely it'd be more entertaining to watch us with the ball than chasing the other team around the pitch?

Gérard Houllier was ridiculed for attempting to play possession football with us.

He was ridiculed for lots of things.  I don't remember attempting to play possession football being one of them.

Us being 10th is the definition of a false position.

Our wins against Man City and Southampton were two of the luckiest Villa wins I've ever seen. I literally have no idea how we got 1 point out of each of those games, let alone 3. Without those wins we would be in deep trouble.

Bollocks, by that logic were unfortunate to not be further up the table because we should have beaten Liverpool and Chelsea away but only got the 1 point.

Chelsea I agree with but not Liverpool. They were well on top after we went 2-0 up.

LOL at our tactical masterclass vs Southampton! It's funny people still actually think that. Conceding 70% possession and letting the other team have 20-30 shots on goal 9 times out of 10 will result in defeat! Logic dictates.

But it DIDN'T though. We won!

In my opinion just staying up would be an achievement. There are a lot of poor teams around us but a lot of them have also spent a lot more and haven't had to rebuild the whole squad on 1 1/2 seasons. I think the criticism Lambert gets is highly unjustified. I will hold my hands up and admit that at times and in the heat of the moment I've called for his head, but when I actually think about the state of our club and the enormous task he has then I think he deserves praise and our backing.

• Like 1

Calling for Lambert's head when we're in 10th place more than half way into a season makes no sense to me. Wait to see where we finish this season at least, what on earth would be the point in replacing him right now.

Don't think anyone is saying that

I think quite a few people have called for his head over the past few months.

Calling for Lambert's head when we're in 10th place more than half way into a season makes no sense to me. Wait to see where we finish this season at least, what on earth would be the point in replacing him right now.

Don't think anyone is saying that

I think quite a few people have called for his head over the past few months.

At times yes, and with valid justification.

Can someone please respond as to what Lambert has done since being here to make you so supportive of him?

Im prepared to give Lambert a bit more time, but it has been noticed that all of the 'believers' haven't answered this question, yet demand other people answer their argument.
Have you read what Lambert's 'believers' are saying? Well there you are. There are your answers. I have posted above why I think he should be backed. If it would please you, you can read it and agree or disagree.

Possession football is boring

You watch possession football everytime you watch a Villa match, only it's the other team playing that way. Surely it'd be more entertaining to watch us with the ball than chasing the other team around the pitch?

Gérard Houllier was ridiculed for attempting to play possession football with us.

He was ridiculed for lots of things.  I don't remember attempting to play possession football being one of them.

You must have a poor memory then, never mind. ;)

So no one can give a decent reason on why Lambert has impressed them and shouldn't be lambasted?

READ. THEIR. POSTS.

If you can't be arsed, I'll summarise some of the arguments for you:

1) Improvements this season

2) Good league position

3) Achieved this on little-to-no budget

4) Some people like the youthfulness of the team

5) Some people like his dealings in the market

6) Some people think his tactics are working

7) Some people believe he can take us forward given time

Now you may disagree with these arguments but these arguments have been made and that should answer your question.

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

There are plenty of posts supporting Lambert with sound reasoning, I suggest you open your eyes.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

So no one can give a decent reason on why Lambert has impressed them and shouldn't be lambasted?

Does it have to be one or the other? I think he's done enough to stay and continue with what he's doing, at least you can see there's a plan and a future. Haven't had that feeling for a while with managers, most seemed to buy for the now with not much attention paid to the future and that's what got us in the trouble with the wages having an ageing average squad on big wages.

For what it's worth I agree with those saying that Laudrup coming in wouldn't change much as he'd need to be backed. I was just stating I'd prefer Laudrup to Lambert if the circumstances were more ideal for him to be brought in.

They aren't and it's never going to happen anyway so we might as well just accept the fact that Lambert is our manager for now.

To be fair, we don't really know what Lambert would be like if properly backed. Personally I think we'd do very very well. I've always seen Lambert as a pragmatist - he'll play defensive or bad football if necessary but I believe we could also play some nice stuff under him.

He revamped a squad spending an average £2.5 million per player with a pittance on wages while increasing the value of the squad and kept Villa in the prem while doing that.

• Like 3

Â