Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

Just now, VillaChris said:

Anyone think Slovaks will give Germany a tough game today?

They did score 3 against them before tournament...o.k not full strength and have been dangerous at times in the tournament.

Germany can be complacent sometimes..I remember in world cup last 16 they just about scraped past Algeria after extra time.

Germany will be fine I imagine. They're generally good at controlling games in the KO stage.

33 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

What's the "Double jeopardy" rule he mentioned before the red card - you can't get a red card for a foul for a penalty? That's ridiculous if true.

it just means that in the box the last man = automatic red card rule has gone, if its a yellow card tackle then that plus a penalty is deemed punishment enough

if its a horror tackle then you'll still get a red card

I'm still not sure about France. Their defence is poor i think, and at times they look completely disorganised in midfield, that may be a strange thing to say about a midfield of Pogba, Payet and Kante, but they often seem unbalanced. 

Ireland fully deserved the half time lead, they were always going to come under the kosh a bit and the French punished them with 2 good goals. But i think its worth remembering that the Irish were down to 10 men for much of that half, which i think made the French performance look much better than it actually was. 

With Remi and Kante missing the next round, i would honestly make England favourites should we come through the Iceland match. 

Â