Midweek football 25/28 August

andykeenan

My second team Malmo just scored the third to make it 3-0. Should qualify for the group stages now. So happy!

Hope we don't draw Barca, Real or Bayern cause that could get ugly but never mind that now  :)

• Like 2

And being the only Scandinavian club to make the group stage means a ton of money for the club.

Mock CL draw

Real Madrid/Man City/Sporting Lisbon/BATE Borisov

Barcelona/Juventus/CSKA Moscow/Malmo

Bayern/PSG/Ajax/APOEL

Chelsea/Shakhtar/Leverkusen/Ludogorets

Benfica/Zenit/Olympiakos/Roma

Atletico/Schalke/Galatasaray/Maribor

Arsenal/Basel/Bilbao/Anderlecht

Porto/Dortmund/Liverpool/Monaco

• Like 2

My second team Malmo just scored the third to make it 3-0. Should qualify for the group stages now. So happy!

Hope we don't draw Barca, Real or Bayern cause that could get ugly but never mind that now  :)

Surely you want one of the hugely big boys just to add a bit of glamour?  There is nothing worse than being the non league team who make it to the third round of the cup only to get knocked out by Ipswich. 

Surely you want one of the hugely big boys just to add a bit of glamour?  There is nothing worse than being the non league team who make it to the third round of the cup only to get knocked out by Ipswich. 

Yes it would be fun with one of the three I mentioned. What I mean is that I fear for a very embarrassing scoreline against those teams. We are getting knocked out anyway so if we manage to not be embarrassed I be happy.

On the topic of European football, HJK Helsinki of Finland dumped Villa's arch European nemesis, Rapid Vienna, out of the Europa League last night, drawing 3-3 at Vienna (aggregate 5-4) and advancing to the group stage as the first Finnish club ever.

Semi-sort of revenge exacted!

• Like 2

Â