Robert Snodgrass

Villan4Life

He's "worth" what someone is prepared to pay for him.

The VillaTalk Soviet Collectivist Price Fixing Committee is at it again, I see, criticising other clubs for paying fees to buy players that aren't "worth it".

I suppose it helps to deflect attention away from the fact that we are scratching around in the dirt and can't afford to pay anything for anyone.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

The VillaTalk Soviet Collectivist Price Fixing Committee is at it again, I see, criticising other clubs for paying fees to buy players that aren't "worth it".

I suppose it helps to deflect attention away from the fact that we are scratching around in the dirt and can't afford to pay anything for anyone.

This. I'd be thrilled to have been in a position to pay £8m for a player, especially one who will actually make a contribution like Snodgrass. I'm just counting down the days until we sign Leroy Lita. 

The depressing thing is I think we can afford to spend some money, it's just that Lerner seems to have made the decision not to. Think I heard somewhere that we are in a much healthier financial position and we could be looking at turning a profit of something like £17m for the financial year just gone.

Not a lot of extra money to spend but something. I'm just hoping that the players that have come in aren't here to replace Vlaar and Delph as that would be the final nail in the coffin for our survival chances next season.

EDIT - Shit. Just realised I went a bit off topic there. Um, Robert Snodgrass is a prick.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 2

Mad how hull are paying 8 million for him and Livermore reminds me of o neill at villa wasting money on average British players

Yep, we did after all pay over £8m for Reo Coker, a guy who couldn't trap, control or even pass a football. 

Good post.

If hull can afford him and he keeps them in the premier league getting huge amounts of money then surely he's worth it.

Mad how hull are paying 8 million for him and Livermore reminds me of o neill at villa wasting money on average British players

Yep, we did after all pay over £8m for Reo Coker, a guy who couldn't trap a tranquilized sleuth, control a microwave or even pass the salt let alone a football. 

fixed for you

• Like 2