Group D: URU CRC ENG ITA

limpid

Italy always manage to produce it when it counts. Uruguay can disappoint and, if I'm being honest, I don't know jack about Costa Rica to comment.

We should have enough about us to squeeze through, but better England sides than this have failed to hit the heights.

I want England to do well and I hope I'm wrong, but they aren't getting out of this group. 2 losses of Italy and Uruguay and it will all be over before the embarassing draw to Costa Rica.

Italy and Uruguay to qualify.

Anything can happen between England and Italy in my opinion. Think it's a pretty open game. They only beat us only penalties 2 years ago and everyone would agree England squad has improved since then, the record suggests it, plus no Andy Carroll/Downing/Young anymore, whilst Italy are virtually unchanged. 

Are people aware Lugano who couldn't get into the WBA team is captaining Uruguay and starting centre back?!

I can't shake the feeling that we're going to beat Italy.

That's the world cup for you, has a habit of giving you false hope :P

Ha true. But my false hope is limited to scraping out of the group and going out in the quarters. So I'm not too caught up in it.

Just don't think Italy are as good as they've been in the past and England are getting unjustly slated.

Roy's picked a good squad, our preparations have gone well, and signs are that he's going to pick a decent looking team for Saturday.

Anything can happen, but I genuinely think we'll beat Italy.

• Like 2

I can't shake the feeling that we're going to beat Italy.

That's the world cup for you, has a habit of giving you false hope :P

Ha true. But my false hope is limited to scraping out of the group and going out in the quarters. So I'm not too caught up in it.

Just don't think Italy are as good as they've been in the past and England are getting unjustly slated.

Roy's picked a good squad, our preparations have gone well, and signs are that he's going to pick a decent looking team for Saturday.

Anything can happen, but I genuinely think we'll beat Italy.

Hope so buddy, really do! 

I can see Italy and Uruguay just needing a handy draw for them both to progress, us playing some good stuff but ultimately being naive and some errors costing us. heroic failure is what we do best ;)

I can't help but think the state of the pitch will suit the italians more

We have alot of players who are good with the ball at their feet and are at their best when they are running at players doubt we can do that on that dodgy surface where the italians are slow and methodical will probably be more direct which will be suited to this pitch

I just like the fact that England have a likeable squad for once, most of the players (apart from Gerrard and Lampard) are young and enthusiastic. 

I haven't enjoyed the squad as much since the first "golden generation" in 1998/2002.

We go there clean, in good spirit and I think we could provide a few shocks to be honest.  We'll go out in the Semi's I think, but it'll be like a mini Mike Bassett, no expectation will help us this year. :)

• Like 1

I just like the fact that England have a likeable squad for once, most of the players (apart from Gerrard and Lampard) are young and enthusiastic. 

I haven't enjoyed the squad as much since the first "golden generation" in 1998/2002.

We go there clean, in good spirit and I think we could provide a few shocks to be honest.  We'll go out in the Semi's I think, but it'll be like a mini Mike Bassett, no expectation will help us this year. :)

Agreed, i'm actually pretty excited this world cup, for the first time we're a fresh squad, no more complaining about we should of took a younger squad instead.

Edited by Bradd92
  • Like 1