Group D: URU CRC ENG ITA

limpid

Wellbeck gets harshly criticised. He's a good player, he's just a different type of winger/attacker than the ones that get people excited.

He's a weird one. His club form means he doesn't deserve a call up, but he's mostly pretty good for England.

Welbeck won't start tonight.

It'll be Lallana, Sterling and Rooney playing behind Sturridge. Pace and unpredictability against an Italy team who are much more experienced but slower. 

I hope so but I can see Welbeck instead of Sterling to start with

I hope we bring Sterling and Barkley on after an hour as I can see them pair adding an extra dimension 

Welbeck won't start tonight.

It'll be Lallana, Sterling and Rooney playing behind Sturridge. Pace and unpredictability against an Italy team who are much more experienced but slower. 

Listening to Hodgson I think he will go with Welbeck myself. 

Milner doesn't play centre midfield for Man City so he can't really be an option instead of henderson. The other option is Wilshere really.

I stand by what I said when he left us. He's ruined his career going to a team that won't play him in centre-mid. If he'd stayed with us, or gone to a team like Liverpool/Spurs, who might have played him in midfield, then he would now be one of England's best centre midfield options, with a view to becoming Gerrards replacement. As it is, he's currently known as being a work-horse winger/ squad filler who doesn't have the tricks of Ox/Sterling/Walcott etc, and who most people would rather not see in the team.
  • Like 2

Yeah I can't see Sterling starting myself. To be honest I'd go with Welbeck for this game. Sterling for Uruguay and Costa Rica

I'd say the exact opposite actually. Playing experience against Italy is pointless because they'll always have more. Raw pace and unpredictability is what would unsettle them. Then Welbeck in for Uruguay and Costa Rica to play a more level headed game.

IMO of course. I think both have positives, but would personally like to see us really go hard at Italy and unsettle them early.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Milner doesn't play centre midfield for Man City so he can't really be an option instead of henderson. The other option is Wilshere really.

I stand by what I said when he left us. He's ruined his career going to a team that won't play him in centre-mid. If he'd stayed with us, or gone to a team like Liverpool/Spurs, who might have played him in midfield, then he would now be one of England's best centre midfield options, with a view to becoming Gerrards replacement. As it is, he's currently known as being a work-horse winger/ squad filler who doesn't have the tricks of Ox/Sterling/Walcott etc, and who most people would rather not see in the team.

I guess he's happy with league titles and a 100k a week salary