Group D: URU CRC ENG ITA

limpid

He'll go with Wellbeck and Lallana and then bring on Sterling and probably Ox for a bit of pace towards the end.

Yes I think so and with 30 minutes to go with tired legs in that heat then they could make more impact that way.

Milner doesn't play centre midfield for Man City so he can't really be an option instead of henderson. The other option is Wilshere really.

I stand by what I said when he left us. He's ruined his career going to a team that won't play him in centre-mid. If he'd stayed with us, or gone to a team like Liverpool/Spurs, who might have played him in midfield, then he would now be one of England's best centre midfield options, with a view to becoming Gerrards replacement. As it is, he's currently known as being a work-horse winger/ squad filler who doesn't have the tricks of Ox/Sterling/Walcott etc, and who most people would rather not see in the team.

I guess he's happy with league titles and a 100k a week salary
Probably. But when he looks back on his time in the game, he'll be able to see how he dropped down the England pecking order before reaching his best years.

Milner doesn't play centre midfield for Man City so he can't really be an option instead of henderson. The other option is Wilshere really.

I stand by what I said when he left us. He's ruined his career going to a team that won't play him in centre-mid. If he'd stayed with us, or gone to a team like Liverpool/Spurs, who might have played him in midfield, then he would now be one of England's best centre midfield options, with a view to becoming Gerrards replacement. As it is, he's currently known as being a work-horse winger/ squad filler who doesn't have the tricks of Ox/Sterling/Walcott etc, and who most people would rather not see in the team.
I guess he's happy with league titles and a 100k a week salary
Probably. But when he looks back on his time in the game, he'll be able to see how he dropped down the England pecking order before reaching his best years.

Personally I think his best position is centre midfield. Never thought he was blessed with great pace for wide positions but in midfield he is certainly quick enough.