Group A: BRZ CRO MEX CMR

limpid

So, cheating and dodgy decisions ruin match 1. Brasil looked average. Croatia looked OK. Brasil will go a long way on the basis of this refereeing.

Absolutely scandalous referring, wouldn't be surprised if brown envelopes were involved; extremely soft pen, perfectly good goal disallowed and imo clear foul in the build up to Brazils third.

Let's hope the hosts have used up their dodgy decision card now.

Way I saw it, Lovren put his arm on Freds should and pulls his jersey, not a penalty but I don't see how many games are referred in Japan, referee has made a decision. Lovren should not be putting himself in such a position. As for the goal disallowed, he's clattered high into Cesar, without doubt a foul.

Croatia boss Niko Kovac: "If that's how we start the World Cup, we'd better give it up now and go home.

"We talk about respect, that wasn't respect, Croatia didn't get any.

"If that's a penalty, we don't need to play football anymore. Let's play basketball instead, it's a shame."

Way I saw it, Lovren put his arm on Freds should and pulls his jersey, not a penalty but I don't see how many games are referred in Japan, referee has made a decision. Lovren should not be putting himself in such a position. As for the goal disallowed, he's clattered high into Cesar, without doubt a foul.

'Clattered' Come on.

Are keepers meant to have a 3 yard exclusion zone around them?

Cesar fumbled it under pressure it wasn't like Olic smashed him into the ground or elbowed him in the face. 

How the **** has Fred managed to start for Brazil? Are there literally no strikers over there?

Gary Lineker summed it up for me on Twitter:

"It's a tight call for Brazil's man of the match between Neymar and the Referee."

(Although personally I thought Oscar had a better game than Neymar)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKSND77hEfs

Foul for me, doesn't look it on second angle, but definitely on first.

That's not a foul by any means, Cesar flapped at that and Olic had every right to challenge him for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKSND77hEfs

Foul for me, doesn't look it on second angle, but definitely on first.

For me he's just challenging for the ball.

I hate is get-out-jail free card keepers seem to have when they lose a arial challenge to a ball, should Olic just have left it?

And imo Croatia would never in a month of Sundays got a penalty the boot was on the other foot.

• Like 3